Forums

Xau-Tak: God of the Horrors

Quick find code: 341-342-37-65701262

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
I think you're setting yourself up for some major azzanadra-level disappointment
What I mean is... you imagine xau-tak to be this really interesting chap, completely alien to anything you've so far encountered and ofcourse the whole 'make reality boil' thing
I personally dont imagine he'll be much more interesting than zaros, who isnt as interesting as the mods have been claiming he is for years
Carn

18-Aug-2016 07:54:51

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
Maiden China said :
I think you're setting yourself up for some major azzanadra-level disappointment
What I mean is... you imagine xau-tak to be this really interesting chap, completely alien to anything you've so far encountered and ofcourse the whole 'make reality boil' thing
I personally dont imagine he'll be much more interesting than zaros, who isnt as interesting as the mods have been claiming he is for years
I think you're just not getting it. Zaros is an infinitely interesting character in reality. :P
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

18-Aug-2016 10:55:31

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Aug-2016 05:20:41

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#0MGFV81HT] said :
Maiden China said :
Sepulchre said :
I think you're just not getting it. Zaros is an infinitely interesting character in reality. :P
I think you've been at Azzanadra's Kool-Aid again :P
Well, Zaros has been wandering the universe for countless eons, who knows what he's seen, learned, forgotten, experienced. There is so much he hasn't told us.
Exactly. Not to mention the psyche of a being who is only 1 half to a whole. Zaros seems to be the logic to Seren's emotion.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

19-Aug-2016 05:24:42

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said :
[#0MGFV81HT] said :
Maiden China said :
Sepulchre said :
I think you've been at Azzanadra's Kool-Aid again :P
Well, Zaros has been wandering the universe for countless eons, who knows what he's seen, learned, forgotten, experienced. There is so much he hasn't told us.
Exactly. Not to mention the psyche of a being who is only 1 half to a whole. Zaros seems to be the logic to Seren's emotion.
Which makes me wonder about Mah. Could she have been more logical than Zaros and empathetic than Seren in the past? And did she give off an aura similar to both of them?
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

19-Aug-2016 06:17:05

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros is interesting, yes, but he's not as interesting as all the mystery around him and the jmods made him out to be. The most interesting thing about him is actually about his sister, who goes from being a very minor nature goddess on the far side of the world to one of the oldest and most powerful gods (I really hope the term god isn't entirely genderspecific, typing goddess every time sounds a lot like 'snowperson' which is a term no-one should ever use)

old doesn't necessarily mean interesting either. A massive amount of demons and vampyres are well over 10,000 years old and don't have a single remarkable thing about them. Yes, it gives you more time to do interesting things, but it also just gives you more time... you won't be in any hurry to do anything interesting because you dont have a fear of time running out

Ancient Drew said :
Which makes me wonder about Mah. Could she have been more logical than Zaros and empathetic than Seren in the past? And did she give off an aura similar to both of them?
Maybe if you combine logic and empathy you get a crazy person :P
since... they're kind of opposites
Carn

19-Aug-2016 13:01:04 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2016 13:02:50 by Maiden China

Solmestix
Aug Member 2020

Solmestix

Posts: 477 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
....The Barrows minigame was released the same year as slayer. Could this be a coincidence? Other releases were Creature of Fenkenstrain, Zogre Flesh Eaters, and finally...

W A T E R B I R T H I S L A N D!

Xau-Tak is related to Death and the Seas, Dagannoths are obviously deep sea creatures.
Zogre flesh eaters and Creature Of F.Strain rotate around the concept of death, zogre f. eaters, around the zombification of ogres, and C.o.F around resurrecting a dead corpse!

The black rock slabs are strong catalysts for Resurrection, they resurrect anything, also tying in with the Xau-Tak Theme.

Waterbirth is so important because there is a number of sea creatures living there, Wallasalkis, Dagganoths,Rock Lobsters, Rock Crabs, and the Dagannoth Kings, that all seem to hate humans and the player, all of the Xau-Tak, "You think you can save them Aredan? You Can't" Lines SEEM to be hostile. (Go Sherlock)

It cannot just be me noticing the links....

20-Aug-2016 16:25:11

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xau-Tak is unlikely to be connected to stuff that Mod Wilson didn't work on, and the 2005 update that introduced Xau-Tak was likely Rum Deal.

That being said, I expect that we'll see some Xau-Tak references when Dagannoth Kings Hard Mode launches next month...
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

20-Aug-2016 16:43:20

Quick find code: 341-342-37-65701262 Back to Top