Forums

Xau-Tak: God of the Horrors

Quick find code: 341-342-37-65701262

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm beginning to wonder if our theorizing and guessing is even worth it. Can we even comprehend what it is we face?
Could any mortal comprehend what this Xau-Tak is? If the World Guardian can't, who can? Death himself? The Mahjarrat?
Could even Zaros, arguably the most powerful and knowledgeable non-Elder God to ever live, comprehend this Eldritch abomination? This Great Old One, known only by the name Xau-Tak...
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

05-Aug-2016 06:06:13

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
I think you're setting yourself up for some major azzanadra-level disappointment
It is impossible for even Xau-Tak to be as disappointed as Azzanadra. Azzanadra is the God of Disappointedness.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

05-Aug-2016 06:42:57

Aig123
Jun Member 2019

Aig123

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would have been worried the story is too strong for the game to interpret.
But this has been countered many times, always pushing the boundaries further.

We are at the point where Gods, Mahjarrat and Dragonkin are commonplace.
Even immensely big and powerful foes like Mah, Gielinor and Tuska were handled well.

So when the time comes to tell Xau-Tak's story beyond obscure easter eggs.
I seriously hope for a story beyond trivial squabbles for power, something deserving awe.

05-Aug-2016 12:27:35

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said :
Maybe Xau-Tak isn't an mortal entity (I mean that he can't be seen or touched) but more like a disease which spreads from person to person, and the tendrils that are said to already be on Gielinor just means that the "disease" has come to Gielinor and taken hold of Rabid Jack, the cave goblin, the sailor and the werewolf from one of the books in Kindred Spirits, and maybe others

Sorry if someone has written something similar or we know this is not the case.

Can someone please tell me if anyone has come up with this theory before, we know that this is not the case or if my theory is just plainly dumb. I just want to know. :(
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

05-Aug-2016 14:13:08 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2016 14:25:23 by Lynxlynx

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said :
Lynxlynx said :
Maybe Xau-Tak isn't an mortal entity (I mean that he can't be seen or touched) but more like a disease which spreads from person to person, and the tendrils that are said to already be on Gielinor just means that the "disease" has come to Gielinor and taken hold of Rabid Jack, the cave goblin, the sailor and the werewolf from one of the books in Kindred Spirits, and maybe others

Can someone please tell me if anyone has come up with this theory before or we know that this is not the case. I just want to know. :(

Kinda, we compared him to the Grave mind from Halo earlier on in the thread.

05-Aug-2016 14:23:55

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Lynxlynx said :
Lynxlynx said :

Can someone please tell me if anyone has come up with this theory before or we know that this is not the case. I just want to know. :(

Kinda, we compared him to the Grave mind from Halo earlier on in the thread.

05-Aug-2016 14:23:55

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Lynxlynx said :
What?

The gravemind is one of the main antagonist from the Halo series. It's essentially a bacterial disease that infects person to person. It has a host mind that grows stronger as it adds more hosts to itself. The hosts look like corpses and when it infects a world it leaves behind millions if not billions of corpses behind. It also teraforms the planet and has these weird mold gowing everywhere along tendril thingys. Some of the people who have witnessed the gravemind in action loose their sanity.

This is essentially what you were trying timagine Xua Tak as were you not?

05-Aug-2016 15:51:43 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2016 15:59:09 by Cthris

Quick find code: 341-342-37-65701262 Back to Top