Forums

/ The Virtuous of Saradomin \

Quick find code: 341-342-35-65277878

Neo Bestia

Neo Bestia

Posts: 7,275 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Needless to say the texts should be as accurate as possible. It doesn't need to be long but it should be through and probably contain several technicalities. This would make it rather dense but the material justifies it: otherwise you'd learn the most outstanding points from the gods themselves.

In other words, they would be more useful for a closer study and analysis than just light reading.

I'd say outstanding points would include aims, means to achieve them, explain possible contradictions, hoe they expect their societies to organise. The possibilities are very wide, so perhaps it would be ideal to release them on tomes.

23-May-2014 03:59:18

Elendil
Dec Member 2011

Elendil

Posts: 1,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Neo Bestia said :
Falcoshin said :

As if this were surprising.

On a side note, I do think Saradomin is proud of his human origins, but has understood pretty well he has god-like responsabilities and he will make the World Guardian know this clearly.

I'm curious to how you reached the conclusion that Saradomin is proud of his humanity, considering that he kind of ditched them in favour of the Icyene.

23-May-2014 09:51:02

Neo Bestia

Neo Bestia

Posts: 7,275 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Elendil said :
Neo Bestia said :
Falcoshin said :

As if this were surprising.

On a side note, I do think Saradomin is proud of his human origins, but has understood pretty well he has god-like responsabilities and he will make the World Guardian know this clearly.

I'm curious to how you reached the conclusion that Saradomin is proud of his humanity, considering that he kind of ditched them in favour of the Icyene.

I'm curious as to how you've forgotten the edicts barrier.

As far as we know, Saradomin has been comunicating with the Temple Knights while he was away. Probably Zilyana since she was defrozen. Not human but obvious military importance.

Let's not forget he especificaly chose a human priestess as his emissary.c

He was also the first god to return to Gielinor, and wants to protect us all.

He also chose a human for a very signifcant task: Sir Owen. Trusts him after the whole ordeal.

Whilst we can't conclusively prove he values himself as an ex-human, he at least values humanity.

23-May-2014 14:46:53

Balustan

Balustan

Posts: 19,291 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No he means the Teragardian humans he abandoned for the Icyene. Not the ones on Gielinor who have more value in battle because of runes and being able to use magic. As magic lorewise is better than ranged or melee.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

23-May-2014 14:53:58

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Balustan said :
No he means the Teragardian humans he abandoned for the Icyene. Not the ones on Gielinor who have more value in battle because of runes and being able to use magic. As magic lorewise is better than ranged or melee.

He said humans. Teragardians is going extremely specific which kind of makes the argument void to be honest he populated most planes with humans and also then why would he even have melee/range using followers so that point doesn't make much sense either. Plus there is little to no lore on Teragard other than Saradomin was a god there at some point so anything onward is ALL assumption. So saying he "ditched them in favour of icyene" isn't backed up at all.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

23-May-2014 15:25:57

Balustan

Balustan

Raxxess said :
Balustan said :

He said humans. Teragardians is going extremely specific which kind of makes the argument void to be honest he populated most planes with humans and also then why would he even have melee/range using followers so that point doesn't make much sense either. Plus there is little to no lore on Teragard other than Saradomin was a god there at some point so anything onward is ALL assumption. So saying he "ditched them in favour of icyene" isn't backed up at all.

J Mods have said it and when I said Teragardians I meant all humans he was with before he arrived on Gielinor because I don't have a better term for them. He abandoned humanity because they weren't useful enough and other races were betetr this we know.

Also having ranged and melee users does make sense because not all races use magic and some are better at melee and ranged and also runes are a limited resource. Particularly in the third age. Numbers are a good thing to have. There is also what we call cannon fodder. The reason range and melee are used on Guelinor at all by humans is purely due to the supply of runes.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

23-May-2014 15:33:28

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Balustan said :
Raxxess said :
Balustan said :

J Mods have said it and when I said Teragardians I meant all humans he was with before he arrived on Gielinor because I don't have a better term for them. He abandoned humanity because they weren't useful enough and other races were betetr this we know.

Also having ranged and melee users does make sense because not all races use magic and some are better at melee and ranged and also runes are a limited resource. Particularly in the third age. Numbers are a good thing to have. There is also what we call cannon fodder. The reason range and melee are used on Guelinor at all by humans is purely due to the supply of runes.

Q: What more can you tell us about the relationship between Saradomin and the Human Home World?
Mod Raven: Perhaps you might learn more in future stories about Teragard

We don't know he left humans for powerful races in fact that isn't talked about anywhere. And goes against the actual lore with Saradomin building his following being majority human. Teragard is Isolationist and ruled by a group of a magistrates. So of course since you are arguing headcannon/opinion you could go on forever.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

23-May-2014 15:39:38

Balustan

Balustan

Raxxess said :
Balustan said :
Raxxess said :
Balustan said :

Snip

Q: What more can you tell us about the relationship between Saradomin and the Human Home World?
Mod Raven: Perhaps you might learn more in future stories about Teragard

We don't know he left humans for powerful races in fact that isn't talked about anywhere. And goes against the actual lore with Saradomin building his following being majority human. Teragard is Isolationist and ruled by a group of a magistrates****
**quote][/quote][/quote]

False mod Osborne spoke about this some time ago on twitter. It has been spoken of. It is another negative yes so I can see why you'd choose to ignore it but it was said. It doesn't go against the lore it fits perfectly particularly with the storyline of runecrafting. We know humanity was not powerful back then on Teragard.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

23-May-2014 15:44:11

Quick find code: 341-342-35-65277878 Back to Top