Forums

/ The Virtuous of Saradomin \

Quick find code: 341-342-35-65277878

Neo Bestia

Neo Bestia

Posts: 7,275 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaos Lupus said :
@ Neo

I understand what you meant, I was just saying that many other individuals have had to overcome similar odds to get to where they're currently at, in terms of power and status. The path of no two individuals is exactly identical. At the same time, though, one can easily draw comparisons between a Saradominist's path (Sir Owen was brought up earlier) and that of a Bandosian (I brought up the example of General Graardor).

By background, I didn't mean similar societies, customs, etc. I meant the obstacles that certain people have had to overcome are often similar.

There can be similarities, but as I detailed earlier, in my perception, Saradominist societies zeem to have a priori, a lot of conditioning social factors, whereas the rest, and especially Bandosian, seem to focus on brute force and tactics to a lesser degree. (Moia considered useless when she was weak, but now no one would dare question her, Graardor being considered unremarkable but now is undisputed general).

Goimg back to our main point, it would seem that at least Saradomin might see past all this backgrounds and offer good positions to people based on their merits and abilities ( something his human kingdoms seem to replicate poorly).

21-May-2014 03:26:59

Chaos Lupus

Chaos Lupus

Posts: 9,633 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Neo Bestia said :
Chaos Lupus said :
@ Neo

I understand what you meant, I was just saying that many other individuals have had to overcome similar odds to get to where they're currently at, in terms of power and status. The path of no two individuals is exactly identical. At the same time, though, one can easily draw comparisons between a Saradominist's path (Sir Owen was brought up earlier) and that of a Bandosian (I brought up the example of General Graardor).

By background, I didn't mean similar societies, customs, etc. I meant the obstacles that certain people have had to overcome are often similar.

There can be similarities, but as I detailed earlier, in my perception, Saradominist societies zeem to have a priori, a lot of conditioning social factors, whereas the rest, and especially Bandosian, seem to focus on brute force and tactics to a lesser degree. (Moia considered useless when she was weak, but now no one would dare question her, Graardor being considered unremarkable but now is undisputed general).

Goimg back to our main point, it would seem that at least Saradomin might see past all this backgrounds and offer good positions to people based on their merits and abilities ( something his human kingdoms seem to replicate poorly).

I don't find that to be something unique to Saradomin though. Most high ranking individuals from various religions have been given their positions based on ability and/or merit. Those are just logical reasons to put someone in a position of power.
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

21-May-2014 03:33:45

Neo Bestia

Neo Bestia

Posts: 7,275 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaos Lupus said :
Neo Bestia said :
Chaos Lupus said :
@ Neo

I don't find that to be something unique to Saradomin though. Most high ranking individuals from various religions have been given their positions based on ability and/or merit. Those are just logical reasons to put someone in a position of power.

Also, I just found out that Savant, the lady from the Commonorb, got rejected from the Wizard's Tower for being "just a girl" but was accepted in the Temple Knights (and is now Head Librarian, was it?). You could class both organisations as Saradominists sure, but I guess we can tell which one is closer to Saradomin.

This seems to be a trend.

22-May-2014 18:57:01 - Last edited on 22-May-2014 19:07:31 by Neo Bestia

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaos Lupus said :
Neo Bestia said :
Chaos Lupus said :
@ Neo

I think that is very unique to saradomin. Their "ability" is something in case of other factions isn't really ability I mean if your born a greater demon, an ourg, or made out of the anima your started pretty well off. I mean your assertion is almost implying that someone like Kril is born equal to the humans that follow saradomin, which just isn't the case.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

22-May-2014 19:34:23

Chaos Lupus

Chaos Lupus

Posts: 9,633 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Raxxess

'I think that is very unique to saradomin. Their "ability" is something in case of other factions isn't really ability I mean if your born a greater demon, an ourg, or made out of the anima your started pretty well off. I mean your assertion is almost implying that someone like Kril is born equal to the humans that follow saradomin, which just isn't the case.'

^ My assertion is that K'ril had the same odds of rising to his position, more or less, as did Sir Owen. K'ril had to compete with those of his race to get to where he's at today. He holds the 'ts*tsaroth' title because he's the most powerful of his race. Just like K'ril, Graardor, Zilyana, etc. Sir Owen had to compete with the members of his own race to become one of the most prominent human warriors.

Being a powerful tsutsaroth demon doesn't put you ahead of the game when your competition is experienced tsutsaroths. Just the same, Sir Owen wasn't naturally at any advantage over other humans.
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

22-May-2014 20:08:12

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Posts: 2,054 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think it'll surprise anyone, but remember when CD_Paladin_C said he was going to ask Mod Stu why Saradomin said "You dare defy a god? I shall not be denied!" if he was simply angry that you were wasting his time in resurrecting Owen? We have Mod Stu's official answer now:

"He lost his cool and succumbed to pride and anger in a crisis. It was intended to show his lingering human flaws, how he has come to identify more as a god than a human over the centuries, and that godly power in mortal hands is dangerous."

As a side note, who here thinks the Certain Zarosians are going to take that last bit entirely out of context and use it as a platform for saying Zaros is the OTG simply because he's not "technically" a mortal?

22-May-2014 20:15:47 - Last edited on 22-May-2014 20:22:10 by Falcoshin

Elendil
Dec Member 2011

Elendil

Posts: 1,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Both he and Seren were never mortals, so I suppose they are the Two True Gods? :P

And wasn't the whole "one true god" schtick done by Saradomin?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was said by Pad*menes - the NPC, not the Saradominist fanatic.

Wait.

I mean the Saradominist fanatic in the LORE forums.

22-May-2014 20:33:23 - Last edited on 22-May-2014 20:36:22 by Elendil

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Posts: 2,054 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Elendil said :
Both he and Seren were never mortals, so I suppose they are the Two True Gods? :P

EDIT: Nevermind, it was said by Pad*menes - the NPC, not the Saradominist fanatic.

Wait.

You forget that, to the Certain Zarosians, Seren might as well not exist. The only time I ever see them bring her up is usually when they're comparing her to Saradomin.

22-May-2014 20:46:27 - Last edited on 22-May-2014 20:50:28 by Falcoshin

Elendil
Dec Member 2011

Elendil

Posts: 1,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Falcoshin said :
Elendil said :

Wait.

You forget that, to the Certain Zarosians, Seren might as well not exist. The only time I ever see them bring her up is usually when they're comparing her to Saradomin.

And Certain Saradominists call everyone else evil.

And a Certain Serenist loves to hate on Saradomin.

Need I go on about the fanatics? Lore should be discussed by lorehounds, not god fanboys.

22-May-2014 21:06:11

Quick find code: 341-342-35-65277878 Back to Top