Forums

/ The Virtuous of Saradomin \

Quick find code: 341-342-35-65277878

Balustan

Balustan

Posts: 19,291 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raxxess said :
And Teragard is where Saradomin got the original humans that he used to populate other realms so lore wise he didn't abandon them at all in fact it is exactly the opposite he took them with him.

No he had humanity and spread them out yes but then found the Icyene and abandoned them. He only abandoned them after finding a "better" race.

Which is why Guthix invited humans as Saradomin was no longer with them, why Robert knew of Saradomin but did not have fealty to him and why no humans arrived on Gielinor with Saradomin.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

23-May-2014 15:47:00

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Balustan said :
Raxxess said :
And Teragard is where Saradomin got the original humans that he used to populate other realms so lore wise he didn't abandon them at all in fact it is exactly the opposite he took them with him.

No he had humanity and spread them out yes but then found the Icyene and abandoned them. He only abandoned them after finding a "better" race.

Which is why Guthix invited humans as Saradomin was no longer with them, why Robert knew of Saradomin but did not have fealty to him and why no humans arrived on Gielinor with Saradomin.

That again is a lot more headcannon. We don't know why guthix moved the humans as J-mod quotes have indicated there could have been multiple reasons that may be covered in future content. Or whether Guthix moved them in spite of saradomin.

Plus robert the strong's notes don't hint at Teragardians being "weak" they just don't have runestones but instead have the schism that powers their advanced technology and they draw power from it.

And why would saradomin need to bring humans to gielinor if guthix already did that for him? As we saw from the codex ultimatus its not exactly easy to bring beings of great number to worlds. And if the Icyene are his chosen race because they are much more powerful and he ditched the humans why was his BoL army majority human with only one Icyene.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

23-May-2014 16:07:11 - Last edited on 23-May-2014 16:09:32 by Raxxess

Balustan

Balustan

The humans who Guthix brought were abandoned by Saradomin else Guthix would never have brought them. This is canon.

Robert is from thousands of years later when they were stronger and some thousands of years after the abandonment by Saradomin.

Why not bring all his Icyene? Read the Loarnab lore it should be pretty obvious why he didn't bring in a whole race by himself.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

23-May-2014 16:09:50

Seraphius
Jul Member 2023

Seraphius

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Balustan said :
The humans who Guthix brought were abandoned by Saradomin else Guthix would never have brought them. This is canon.

Robert is from thousands of years later when they were stronger and some thousands of years after the abandonment by Saradomin.

Why not bring all his Icyene? Read the Loarnab lore it should be pretty obvious why he didn't bring in a whole race by himself.

Abandoned by Saradomin? I would very much like to see exactly where that canon information was established.

23-May-2014 16:24:51

Neo Bestia

Neo Bestia

Posts: 7,275 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, you're on a head canon spree today Balustan.

we don't know the exact reason Guthix took humans to Gielinor. If we are to believe one of the.possibilities, he could have done so out of spite.

Saradomin abandoning them was mentioned, but he obviously didn't abandon all of them, and then there's a lot of guessing as to all of this. Did this humans expect Saradomin to protect them or just leave them on new lands to populate?

Maybe the parting of ways was consented, for all we know, and we're just thinking the worst.

23-May-2014 16:34:53

Raxxess

Raxxess

Neo Bestia said :

we don't know the exact reason Guthix took humans to Gielinor. If we are to believe one of the.possibilities, he could have done so out of spite.

Saradomin abandoning them was mentioned, but he obviously didn't abandon all of them, and then there's a lot of guessing as to all of this. Did this humans expect Saradomin to protect them or just leave them on new lands to populate?

Maybe the parting of ways was consented, for all we know, and we're just thinking the worst.

Oh good. I couldn't find anything on it I kind of assumed it was all head cannon as most of the previous ones were.

There was a J-Mod quote a while back questioning if Guthix took the humans from the planes in spite of saradomin. But I think that whole previous point about Saradomin abandoning humans is false. He brought them with him when he used them to colonize other worlds.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

23-May-2014 16:39:47

Balustan

Balustan

Neo Bestia said :

He didn't abandon them all? Erm yes he did. It was stated on twitter. Abandonment is not consent. Sorry but this just shows why I don't take Saradominists seriously on this forum.

Claim they want more lore on their god, when it's negative they claim it's not true and not lore.

Also Guthix taking them out of spite is ridiculous and quite frankly the people who are even considering that notion are not worth being taken seriously. I know Guthix was very flawed but that is not one of them.

@Raxxess so if I brought say 5 cats across various countries with me and then just left them for a further one because I found some dogs that is not abandoning them? Sorry your claim that he abandoned them is false shows your inability to discuss lore.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

23-May-2014 16:45:27

Seraphius
Jul Member 2023

Seraphius

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you at least bring more concrete evidence to bear before bashing all the Saradominists on this thread? And:

Balustan said :
Also Guthix taking them out of spite is ridiculous and quite frankly the people who are even considering that notion are not worth being taken seriously. I know Guthix was very flawed but that is not one of them.

Is there anything that indicated Guthix to be incapable of spite at all? Guthix hated Saradomin, and he never got a chance to evaluate Saradomin objectively. And seeing as he was still freshly divine at that time, he could have brought humans to Gielinor simply as an 'in your face' statement to Saradomin.

23-May-2014 16:55:03 - Last edited on 23-May-2014 16:56:55 by Seraphius

Raxxess

Raxxess

Balustan said :
Neo Bestia said :

He didn't abandon them all? Erm yes he did. It was stated on twitter. Abandonment is not consent. Sorry but this just shows why I don't take Saradominists seriously on this forum.

Claim they want more lore on their god, when it's negative they claim it's not true and not lore.

@Raxxess so if I brought say 5 cats across various countries with me and then just left them for a further one because I found some dogs that is not abandoning them? Sorry your claim that he abandoned them is false shows your inability to discuss lore.

We were discussing lore. Then you made up a bunch of opinions and head cannon. saying that they are J-mod twitter quotes and didn't provide any quote backing your claim. You say you don't take us seriously but you literally come on this forum just to argue..

Your example doesn't fit either there is no known age on when Saradomin first arrived on new domina so all your points have no lore backing them which is why we don't accept them, because they are opinion and head cannon. You can have an opinion but don't try and pass it off to us as fact and then get mad when we don't accept it.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

23-May-2014 16:55:34 - Last edited on 23-May-2014 16:56:12 by Raxxess

Neo Bestia

Neo Bestia

Posts: 7,275 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Balustan said :
Neo Bestia said :

No, he didn't abandon them all. Obviously there's a sense of loyalty still between humans and Saradomin.

The Guthix part was stated in a quote. So no, it would seem it's not far fetched.

Also to abandon has more than one definition. The one you mentioned could resemble one, but there are many more who don't have such a negative implication.

23-May-2014 17:00:32 - Last edited on 23-May-2014 17:03:05 by Neo Bestia

Quick find code: 341-342-35-65277878 Back to Top