Forums

Scams & How to Avoid Them Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-916-66063177

miner69er189
Sep Member 2023

miner69er189

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is a scammer that I believe needs to be reported as not only is he trying to scam but he also threatened that if I continued to tell others of him being a scammer, that he would change his name to be very close to mine in retaliation, in attempt to make me be seen as a scammer myself. The user is currently "Helkya" but threatened to change to " Miner69er181". His scam youtube channel is Noz770 and his link is malware. I also have a photo proving he said this.

28-Aug-2023 10:58:53 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2023 10:59:39 by miner69er189

Demitros
Sep Member 2023

Demitros

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why hello there. I thought I'd report in a strange occurrence at the tree gnome stronghold. Feels like a scam to me.. This gnome woman got in the way of the flax I was picking & she got her skull split with my rune pick axe :( Now I'm fearful I'll be wanted by these devious scam artists & true justice be denied!

11-Sep-2023 01:38:30

Demitros
Sep Member 2023

Demitros

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just imagine for a moment what I have to go through here.. Not only am I out of x1 flax & a measly 4 prayer experience for burying her lousy bones like any proper gentlemen would do in such a bizarre hap[penstance.. I also have to deal with the trauma that comes with a seemingly not so innocent gnome woman purposefully & maliciously running under my pick ax & committing seppuku.. & being viewed as a vagabond by gnome society :(

11-Sep-2023 01:49:29

Th3 Good Guy

Th3 Good Guy

Posts: 57 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's great to see players like you taking the initiative to help others by raising awareness about potential scams and lures in the Old School RuneScape community. Scammers and unethical players have been around for a long time in the game, and it's essential for players, especially newcomers, to be informed and vigilant. Your willingness to provide assistance and answer questions is a valuable contribution to the community.

Here are a few additional tips and suggestions you might consider including in your efforts to educate and protect players from scams:

Trade Safely: Remind players to use the trade screen for transactions. It's a secure way to ensure they receive the items they agreed upon.

Check Item Values: Suggest that players use the Grand Exchange or third-party price-checking tools to verify the value of items before trading. This can help them avoid getting scammed with overpriced items.

Ignore Suspicious Requests: Encourage players to be cautious if they receive offers that sound too good to be true. Scammers often use enticing offers to lure in victims.

Password Safety: Emphasize the importance of keeping their account information, especially their password, safe and not sharing it with anyone. Many scams involve tricking players into revealing their account credentials.

Report Suspected Scammers: Let players know how to report individuals they suspect are involved in scams or lures. Reporting is an effective way to protect the community.

Avoid Risky Situations: Remind players not to follow others into the Wilderness or engage in risky activities, as they could fall victim to lures and scams.

Trustworthy Sources: Encourage players to use official game forums or trusted sources when seeking advice, trading, or joining in-game activities.

Your efforts to share knowledge about these scams and help players stay safe are commendable.
~Th3 Good Guy :)

16-Oct-2023 02:40:24

Quick find code: 317-318-916-66063177 Back to Top