Forums

Are the pre-GE folks dead?

Quick find code: 317-318-690-66150915

the muad lib

the muad lib

Posts: 239 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
daedlus58 said :
irl pker dib said :
I mean Raids III was announced and that's all that really matters, not some new bottable skill.
Just because raids matter to you does not mean skills do not matter to real players.

Pretty much. The problem is that new skills are harder to pass than a new raid due to how drastically a new skill'd impact the game. Besides, there's the fact that some people like me think we should focus on improving the currently dead content skills first to make skilling great again.
Black Lives Matter , White Silence is
Violence

With great privilege comes great responsibility
She/They/Theirs

08-Feb-2021 01:38:51

Bakertjenub
Aug Member 2018

Bakertjenub

Posts: 54 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, i also am a player from before the GE on the original RS. 2005 or 2006 i guess.

I've got double feelings by this. On my old main account, i cant live without the GE. Its easy way to buy items, but i'm not overusing it to get my own materials. I'll only use it to buy the hard to get upgrades, or tot quickly buy that one quest item you forgot that you can also buy in a shop somwhere in ardougne, but i'm too lazy and pay the tripple amount for it to get that one rope.

I'm mostly playing ironman accounts tho. And not because of the GE, but because i love to play the game it was intended to. To actually use the skills. (seriously, who of the non-ironman accounts use their skills? have you ever trained mining, fishing or woodcutting?)

I remember those crowds at the bank and fally park, and it made the game seem so much more alive. But at the same time, when i think about it. I didnt even know how the game worked back then. the first 3 years of me playing runescape my highest level was maybe 20 woodcutting? It took ages to upgrade your gear, because it was (for a kid) impossible to get in between these lobster and coal spams, to find your adamant sword. Especially if your english wasnt that good back then. Nowadays, i probably can handle that. But it would be a disaster for other players that lack the language, time and patience to do so. (and yea, that is a thing these days)

I always used the general stores to see if there was something i could buy there for a bargain. Always out of money here. I remember i once bought a rune scimitar there (idk what noob it sold to the general store tho) but i was so happy with that rune scimmy. Just to find out my levels were too low to use it.

That scimitar is still on my bank today, however it's been used already. I love the nostalgia, but i should not want to go back to that, if you dont like the ge, start an ironman account! or play like one and trade manually if you like that so much :)

16-Oct-2021 00:42:52

daedlus58

daedlus58

Posts: 1,530 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dom Finarfin said :
The game is an adventure without GE, you would actually have to play all its content to get the obscure items and by collecting a few extra items, you can help your friends or sell them for a nice profit.
Not really. Almost everything you could need in a quest could be bought from a merchant. It was no harder to gather materials then that it is with the ge.

The only difference the ge made is that the money was concentrated in a few accounts while the rest struggled to get a million gps. Now everyone has the ability to make large amounts of money.

16-Oct-2021 17:01:02

Skeenage

Skeenage

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not dead, but I died on OSRS. I quit after the GE update.. It destroyed the game for me.

I'm posting because I logged in today out of nostalgia, but I won't be returning. Probably a good thing as now I can enjoy the real world.

My favourite things about this game were making money and friends. I used to train my stats, especially ranged levels, and for money I would mostly merchant.

I played from a young noob around 2003 until the updates to wildly/trade .etc and quit., I returned to OSRS when it came out, and was surprised when they brought back the GE again.

Interesting how while logged in today someone randomly tells me that I am a fletch bot (looked up my highscores?).... Lol that never happened in the good times, it was the opposite, oh well.

Bye

05-Dec-2021 01:19:36

Quick find code: 317-318-690-66150915 Back to Top