Forums

Are the pre-GE folks dead?

Quick find code: 317-318-690-66150915

Boo-st
Nov Member 2023

Boo-st

Posts: 121 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, on RS3 I have the 15 year cape.

I also feel like the people that never experienced pre-ge, have missed out on golden era Runescape.

I remember pre-ge when 'merching' was like a unofficial skill. Me and all my friends would often take breaks from training, skilling, pking, Pvm, clue scrolls etc, and pump time into merching.

We would world hop the selling worlds which were always at full and I would have to refresh constantly to quickly log in once a vacancy shows. I would scout all the banks in Varrock and Falador, thousands of players spamming buying and selling. I would find my buying prices, find my selling prices, and begin merching to make money, sell items, or buy items.

It really was a skill in it self, Runescape was so vibrant, now when I play. No one will speak, I always initiate conversation and have been impressed with the awesome people I have met since starting again - But it will never have the same social vibrancy it used to

10-Dec-2020 12:24:41

The Amun Ra
Apr Member 2007

The Amun Ra

Posts: 109 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm from those days, being playing RS since 2006. But I don't miss pre-GE times, not at all. I was all about completing quests and such and having only an hour of computer time limit then, it was hell of annoying when I couldn't obtain things to train skills.

04-Jan-2021 20:38:43

Funky1096

Funky1096

Posts: 164 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Angel2D4 said :
Gadoli said :
Why would someone hate GE?

Because it almost entirely removed the need to explore the game and find things on your own.

Because it offers a single place where ALL bots can dump their ill gotten gains.

Because it entirely removes the players CHOICE to NOT buy from bots (using the grand exchange you don't have a clue who you're buying from and you most certainly enable bots to dump their wares easily when you use it).

Back before the first grand exchange was put in we could identify bots easily and many of us chose to not buy from them.

That's off the top of my head with very little thought.

This, the game feels less fun because bots reduce labor value and the GE encourages hyperinflation and hyper efficiency.

07-Feb-2021 02:46:18

Cajjj

Cajjj

Posts: 377 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This game sucks now. Both the modern RS3, post RS3 game and Old School Runescape.

I come in here today for the first time in several months and I see Jagex STILL has NOT implemented any new skill. Updates are still a bunch of padding and rebalancing content to try to patch any exploits the players come across.

As someone who started back in early 2013 when OSRS released, seeing it today makes me sick.

I just find it amusing that I’m now rank 20,000 something in Slayer, when I have over 17 million experience.

No level cap removal, same boring and dull content, same bullcrap from Jagex.

I quit around 2016 - 2017 because I got tired of the game. I have found nothing in the recent updates this year in 2021 that has convinced me at all in bothering to come back.

Same dull, uninspired updates from a company that has no vision for this game.

If you asked me back im 2013 - 2015 if OSRS was worth playing I would of said yes. But now I’m so far behind when it comes to combat gear, changes to the combat triangle, and just skill training in general, I see no point in me playing all over again.

And for anyone curious, I was around back in the 2004 - 2007 era of RuneScape. I think Jagex ought to make another OSRS circa 2013 - 2014.

All I see is this game is becoming another pre EOC, if that hasn’t happened already.

07-Feb-2021 04:28:35

Clonewars3

Clonewars3

Posts: 24,094 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am a pre-GE Runescaper, only by a little. I joined in 2006, and GE came in 2007 I think. I still remember the day being a little kid when the GE was updated. While it has made it easier to sell stuff instead of Varrock bank being the marketplace, it brings back memories of the truly old Runescape.

07-Feb-2021 21:02:30

Quick find code: 317-318-690-66150915 Back to Top