Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

San
Jul Member 2023

San

Posts: 4,259 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilson said :
Lol idk what e3 is, bet y'all think I'm stupid.

Imagine, if you will:

Casually browsing the local farmer's market, like the discerning middle class fellow you are, you happen upon a stand you've not seen before.

"New Restaurant Opening In Town: Free Samples Here" the sign reads.

Intrigued, you take one of the free samples.

As it enters your mouth, a taste explosion occurs on your tongue, gently massaging the palate, oozing out flavours and textures the likes of which you've never experienced before. The beautiful aroma fills your nostrils, and after several exceptionally satisfying bites, you swallow, marveling at the marvelous marvel to which you have just been privy.

"Wow!" you think. "This place sounds, smells and tastes amazing. I can't wait for the restaurant to open. If that sample is anything to go by, it may well be the best restaurant ever".

A few weeks, and in the local newspaper you read an advert that the restaurant will be opening mid august. "Taking reservations now!" it says. Excitedly, you ring up to book a place.

Once through, a man tells you that you have to pay for the meal before you even get there. "Well, it was so good, I might as well pay the £50. I'm sure it will be great in any case".

Mid August arrives, and you set off to the grand opening of this amazing establishment.

Once there, you are shown to a table.

"But where is the seat?" you ask bemusedly.

"The seat will be £10 extra" say the man. But you feel a meal wouldn't be much fun if you had to stand for all of it, so you pay the £10, get a seat, and place your order.

After 30 minutes, your meal arrives.

It's a dog turd on a plate.

"But the sample was so brilliant, how can this meal that I prepaid for, and even bought the extra content for, be so terrible?", you wonder.
Sailing

16-Jun-2015 03:43:22 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 03:47:01 by San

San
Jul Member 2023

San

Posts: 4,259 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But alas, this is how it must be. After the meal, you ask where the bathroom is. Upon being told it's £20 extra, you storm out, appalled at such an abhorrent establishment.

Thinking upon how awful a dining experience was, you vow never to be lured in by the promise of the free sample, never to prepay for a meal, and never to support a restaurant that charges you a tenner for a chair.

Until the next farmer's market, when you do it all again.
Sailing

16-Jun-2015 03:43:28 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 04:02:17 by San

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just have to say that Barbarian Assault is a great minigame but the amount of noobs and people who leave completely ruins it lol.
I need collector points but suddenly so does everyone else lol. :/
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

16-Jun-2015 14:40:15 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 14:41:33 by Ownage Omg

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilson said :
Lol idk what e3 is, bet y'all think I'm stupid.

It's boring
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

16-Jun-2015 18:33:18

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top