Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

PM Sanfew

PM Sanfew

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hellow jagax.

i played nmz for the first time and i lost my saradomin sword ,
this cant happen to me because its says SAFE MINIGAME !!!!!
The Nightmare Zone, commonly referred to as nmz, is a combat-based minigame that is located north of Yanille, northwest of the bank. The minigame involves players having "dreams" to fight bosses they have fought before in quests. It is run by Dominic Onion, who is a mage from Lunar Isle. This Minigame is SAFE meaning you will not lose items on death, however any items you drop manually on the ground will be lost if you die, as you will be taken away from the arena . there stand when i drop an item it will be lose if i died. but i didnt drop it . a monster forses me to do that. in my chat box appears this.'' the heat from the cakes forces you to drop your weapon on the ground. that was the moment i died. so i could not pick it up before i died. i lost 3.4m in a safe minigame!!!! pls return it to me ore help me!!!!

27-Sep-2014 18:56:14

PM Sanfew

PM Sanfew

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hellow jagax.

i played nmz for the first time and i lost my saradomin sword ,
this cant happen to me because its says SAFE MINIGAME !!!!!
The Nightmare Zone, commonly referred to as nmz, is a combat-based minigame that is located north of Yanille, northwest of the bank. The minigame involves players having "dreams" to fight bosses they have fought before in quests. It is run by Dominic Onion, who is a mage from Lunar Isle. This Minigame is SAFE meaning you will not lose items on death, however any items you drop manually on the ground will be lost if you die, as you will be taken away from the arena . there stand when i drop an item it will be lose if i died. but i didnt drop it . a monster forses me to do that. in my chat box appears this.'' the heat from the cakes forces you to drop your weapon on the ground. that was the moment i died. so i could not pick it up before i died. i lost 3.4m in a safe minigame!!!! pls return it to me ore help me!!!!

27-Sep-2014 18:56:55

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, do not bring a full inventory with you inside the dream, because bosses like Flambeed or Fareed can disarm you resulting in your item going on the ground which is considered tantamount to dropping an item on the floor.

Or wear ice gloves.

27-Sep-2014 19:41:31

Mr Crow

Mr Crow

Posts: 4,237 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
if we're getting Iron Man mode within a few weeks (5-8), what is everyones opinion about a PvP only mode?

this too would require you to make a new character but here's the thing, pvp only toons start with 99 in every combat related skill (Atk, STr, Def, Rng, Mage, Pray, ,+ HP) but they can not level up in any other skill. they can not roam around the map. They start on a PvP island where there would be portals to all the pvp areas, and they would be confined to that area, but they can tele back to the pvp starter island by a portal (ex: there would be a portal by the ditch in edgeville that allows people to teleport back to the island.) all accounts would also start of with pvp plate/range/mage armor/ & weapons in their banks. these can not be traded or sold.

27-Sep-2014 20:19:52

Anger Alt
Mar Member 2023

Anger Alt

Posts: 16,548 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Crow said :
if we're getting Iron Man mode within a few weeks (5-8), what is everyones opinion about a PvP only mode?

this too would require you to make a new character but here's the thing, pvp only toons start with 99 in every combat related skill (Atk, STr, Def, Rng, Mage, Pray, ,+ HP) but they can not level up in any other skill. they can not roam around the map. They start on a PvP island where there would be portals to all the pvp areas, and they would be confined to that area, but they can tele back to the pvp starter island by a portal (ex: there would be a portal by the ditch in edgeville that allows people to teleport back to the island.) all accounts would also start of with pvp plate/range/mage armor/ & weapons in their banks. these can not be traded or sold.

Sounds interesting -

Positives: Can PK at max level without grinding for months, helps inexperienced PKers learn to PK without worrying about losing their banks, could get more people involved with PKing if it works correctly

Negatives: If it doesn't work properly, then it could further divide the PvP community and even if it does work properly, it'll reduce the amount of PKers elsewhere again. Another could be pures would ask for pure options for this mode also. (ends up with various different builds being asked for out of fairness)

Just how I see it, I probably missed some points lolz ^_^

27-Sep-2014 21:19:38

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well in that case, HELL NO.
If you want to be maxed go and max lol, this isn't an RSPS.
Crow, idk if you're trying to be funny or if you can't help but come up with dumb ideas lol.
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

27-Sep-2014 21:40:38 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2014 21:41:23 by Ownage Omg

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ownage Omg said :
If you want to be maxed go and max lol, this isn't an RSPS.

Yet we accommodate iron men?
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

27-Sep-2014 22:44:25

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top