Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Dan McFancy

Dan McFancy

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tombing said :
Hey there Dan.

To my understanding, accounts that were used in the Runescape version that you're familiar with in the early-mid 2000's were reset when OSRS (Old School Runescape - current version) was released.

I believe that the administration team is able to still provide you with your account, but it will be transferred to Runescape 3. Again to my understanding, your original Runescape username and login are the only things that you can maintain on Old School Runescape.

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong, fellow Runescapers.

Best,
Space Signal

Hi there, thanks for the reply mate, I appreciate the help. I should clarify, when I logged on this time it created the name 'Dan McFancy' so I suspect I'd mistakenly created a new account, despite using my old login.

It's a bit confusing as I'm fairly sure I played a bit of Old School RS about a year ago or so on my old account, so this might just be me being silly.

Is there a way I can contact the Admin team? I was looking through the FAQs and didn't see a solution that fit.

17-Jul-2021 17:05:59

Easter
Dec Member 2013

Easter

Posts: 145 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RuneScape Classic is closed - if your talking about your account on the first version of RS.
If you transferred your stats to RS2 when that came out in 2004, then your stats will be on RuneScape 3.

At the moment there are 2 versions of RS, RS3 and OSRS. All OSRS accounts started fresh and had no link to RSC or RS3.

22-Jul-2021 11:30:52

Condition
Feb Member 2013

Condition

Posts: 3,691 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeez this is old, back when ML Gudi was a j mod. 5/21/2017 The day I claimed ownership of the Old School Content Suggestions.

Official owner of the Old School Content Suggestions forum.

29-Jul-2021 10:58:40 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2021 10:58:51 by Condition

flute159

flute159

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hi ive just recently been unbanned from a 10 year plus ban for some reason and i am so gratefull but it seems my account is only playable on runescape 3 but when i used to play on this account runescape was the old school one im just asking if there is anyway my accout can be taken off runescpe 3 and put on the old school version so i can relive my child hood memories again as i am not familier with the way runescape 3 works i havnt played in so many years thank you

12-Aug-2021 20:25:23

Delilahnator

Delilahnator

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
U A E said :
We need world servers in the Middle East as the best ping for us is a German world which is always over 120 ping!

Second this. RS brings people together, and bringing more people into the fold with good ping servers is def desirable for the community. But there's a lot of Jx corporate concerns that go into the decision of where and how servers are made. I could talk in-depth about them, but...

TL;DR: The best way that you, an end user, can push for ME servers to exist is to get more people in the area interested and then, potentially, into mems, as well as game and forum mods.

This gives Jagex a greater financial incentive to make ME servers, and as some point the perceived benefits would A: outweigh the perceived costs and risks, and B: increase the overall prioritisation of the potential investment. Jx has finite resources to build and run servers, after all.

"Recruit a friend" is useful for this, because you just get free in-game bonuses on top. I don't remember if it's directly a thing for osrs, but osrs and nu-rs are ofc linked, interest in one can lead to interest in another.

29-Aug-2021 17:02:41

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top