Forums

Sailing won't come in 2023

Quick find code: 317-318-277-66278937

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,000 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
You may not think the new skill will come in 2023, neither do I, but "nobody" thinks so?

"Something is brewing, as it seems that OSRS is adding a new skill in 2023! The only dilemma is - what could it be?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/osrs-is-adding-a-new-skill-in-2023%E2%80%A6-what-could-it-be/ar-AA15OIjV

https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/110y7o7/what_will_osrss_new_skill_2023_be/

"CONFIRMED: A New Skill is Coming to OSRS in 2023"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzT_wovtgk

I won't say "nobody" expect a new skill to come to OSRS because I have seen plenty of them all over the social media. I have even seen on on the very 2nd post of this thread:

"So it got delayed in the end?"
- Page 1, Post 2

If you insist they are "nobody", your opinion.
Was it that hard to provide these links at the beginning to avoid people from asking for sources ;) ? In any case, those sources are NOT from Jagex themselves and I'm sure that you know this. We were very much interested to see proof/evidence from Jagex where they stated that Sailing was expected in 2023. You know, Jagex, the makers of RuneScape and the ones responsible for adding Sailing to the game...whenever that will be :P .

10-May-2023 18:26:27 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 18:31:01 by Mrs Ana

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^^
Was it that hard to realize I just made this informative post to tell OSRS players don't expect a new skill in 2023, and discuss what do we think will see in the remaining of 2023 rather?

"So... now what? What do you expect to see this year given the new skill (if it comes) may linger well into 2024 or who knows... maybe 2025."
- OP

My post is not meant to just inform the few examples of "nobodys' (according to you) that OSRS will not come in 2023, why should I put them in the first post? I added them now only because of your request on Page 4 of this thread. There are lots and lots more post like this all over the social media, do you really expect me to put over 9,000 of them on my first post? It is simply unrealistic.

10-May-2023 18:40:50

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

^^

No, of course not. I didn't and don't expect you to add over 9,000 of them to your first post. What we cared about was Jagex's statement where they shared that Sailing was expected in 2023. We all know that they didn't publicly say this and that's the main reason why a few of us were wondering. We knew the answer. We just wanted to be proven wrong, I guess.

10-May-2023 18:44:54

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Mrs Ana said :
^^

No, of course not. I didn't and don't expect you to add over 9,000 of them to your first post. What we cared about was Jagex's statement where they shared that Sailing was expected in 2023. We all know that they didn't publicly say this and that's the main reason why a few of us were wondering. We knew the answer. We just wanted to be proven wrong, I guess.

Again, you asked and flamed the wrong person. I never expected OSRS to release a new skill in 2023, and I never said OSRS said they would release the new skill in 2023.

10-May-2023 18:47:34

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Dilbert2001 said :
Again, you asked and flamed the wrong person. I never expected OSRS to release a new skill in 2023, and I never said OSRS said they would release the new skill in 2023.
"Asked the wrong person"? You were the one that created this thread. I'm not going to ask Bob on another thread since this is one that you created. Furthermore, at least 3 other players shared the same thoughts as I did: Jagex never stated that Sailing was expected in 2023, which is the main focus of my concern and questions regarding OP . Let me quote those below for clarification and visualization:

Tenebri said :
they never claimed it would come in 2023. iirc.

this whole time they have been doing votes to find out which skill it will be. they are now starting the creation of the skill.
Miu said :
And? Point to a single Jagex message that says the new skill would be finished in 2023. Polling doesn't mean the content comes out the next week.
Lelouch Vi B said :
The biggest update in OSRS history won't get fully designed, programmed, balanced, beta tested, polled, rebalanced, beta tested again, polled again, polished, QC'd and implemented all in just 8 months? Really? Man that's quite the shocker.
Zeffirino said :
I think they've always been pretty clear with the fact that timelines are always subject to change.
Holy dogshit said :
I've not heard anyone from Jagex say anything about a release in 2023.

Not sure how people think things are added to games but the skill was just voted in. It's a big thing to add to the game.
Those are five different players sharing the same thoughts that I posted, with me being six. This is what I tried to convey when I asked you, the OP, for sources regarding Jagex's statement, if any...which we well know there isn't any ;) .

10-May-2023 19:08:09

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Nobody, including myself, said that you expected Sailing to be released in 2023. I clearly posted asking you -- you know, the creator of this thread and topic -- for proof/evidence where you witnessed Jagex informing the audience that Sailing was expected in 2023 . You know, Jagex, not you or anyone else. Jagex, the ones responsible for the poll and the implementation of the new Sailing skill.

It was more of a rhetorical question/statement since it was blatantly obvious that Jagex never said such a thing ;) .

Now, if asking for sources is considered "flaming", I should have reported my professors :@ .

10-May-2023 19:08:11 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 19:12:21 by Mrs Ana

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
Al the "five different players" you quoted didn't reply to me, and I didn't reply to them because it seems like they are questioning the other person who thinks the new skill is deleted or will be still bugged whenever it will be released. I don't know why you brough them, and again, perhaps you should reply to the person who made the 2nd post of this thread.

I never said OSRS said they would release the new skill in 2023, why asked me for proof?

10-May-2023 19:18:31

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001 said :
Dilbert2001 said :
E I E dInO said :
The question is what content will we see in 2023 other than other than Bounty Hunter, DT2 and Forestry? Does OSRS have more roadmap to show, or that's all we get in 2023?

Looks like that's pretty much it for OSRS 2023. On their latest banner Advert, OSRS put "Bounty Hunter coming in 2023", "Forestry coming in 2023", "Dessert Treasure 2 coming in 2023" and "Sailing new skilling coming soon" there. Nothing else and we know Skilling won't come out in 2023, and it will be much longer actually according to Mod Kieran. Perhaps "soon" means 2024 summer or fall if not later.

That said, I'll expect OSRS to spread out the re-release of Bounty Hunter, Forestry and DT2. They probably are going to take all the time and release DT2 at the end of Summer or September, so the remaining content in 2023 won't look too scarce.

Game Jam might have told us what OSRS is going to fill the void. Something like:

"Mod Ed worked on porting over The Path of Glouphrie, a quest which was present in the August 2007 Archive of RuneScape.[ He also worked on porting over The Temple at Senntisten."

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/132z07n/comment/ji8dvze/?context=3

They are going to just copy-paste old quests to OSRS. Of note, in the Lore Livestream of DT2, Mod Ed said there would not be Temple at Senntisten in OSRS. They would do something different in DT2. Seems like it changed now. It seems like they are just copying City of Senntisten over and DT2 will be light in the lore side than originally mentioned.

Essentially DT2 is becoming the recycled City of Senntisten quest + smaller quest mainly to put up new bosses and they will be released separately. This is similar to the breaking up of Forestry into 2 separate releases.

Do you all think Forestry I will come this month as OSRS last mentioned?

10-May-2023 19:22:03

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Dilbert2001 said :
^^
Al the "five different players" you quoted didn't reply to me, and I didn't reply to them because it seems like they are questioning the other person who thinks the new skill is deleted or will be still bugged whenever it will be released. I don't know why you brough them, and again, perhaps you should reply to the person who made the 2nd post of this thread.

I never said OSRS said they would release the new skill in 2023, why asked me for proof?
Hmmm...they didn't have to directly respond to you in order for you to respond to their comments on your thread...which, explicitly should refer to the thread's title and OP. At least one of them, Miu , did respond to you. It's just that you chose to omit their reply to your thread, which is totally fine. You aren't obliged to respond to anyone here, but at least don't misinform others by falsely claiming that they didn't respond to you when in fact they did. That's why they posted on this thread, just like I did myself too ^_^ .

I brought them up because they all share the same thoughts and questions regarding the expected release date for the Sailing skill, which wasn't expected in 2023 and Jagex definitely wasn't expecting the Sailing skill to be added to the game this year.

I do not have to respond to Tenebri's 2nd post on this thread because he and I share the same thoughts regarding the topic at hand :) .

I'll answer this again: I asked you for sources because you have shared with us that the Sailing skill isn't going to be added to the game in 2023...so, I'm wondering if there was any indication from Jagex themselves that the Sailing skill was expected in 2023? Hint: It wasn't as they said shared this :P .

10-May-2023 19:27:01 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 19:29:06 by Mrs Ana

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
I have already clearly shown you the source on OP that the Sailing skill isn't going to be added to the game in 2023. Mod Kieran of the OSRS Team clearly said so:

" Certainly for the full skill's delivery, we're not looking at this year, it'd be way longer than that."
- Mod Kieran

So the new skill won't come in 2023. They are just hoping they can just get the first of many betas out this year. If you delve deeper into the article I quoted on OP, they told us the first beta they are hopefully going to deliver in 2023 will only be on the navigation of our ships. There will still be no concrete designs on what game content they can/will add to Sailing.

Not only are we not going to have the new skill delivered this year, we probably will have to wait way longer into 2024, if not 2025, and certainly not 2023. For those who are really picky, you may also say OSRS didn't even tell us Sailing (or any new skill) will definitely come in 2024. They only told us it certainly won't come in 2023, and it will take "way longer than that", but how far into 2024... or 2025... or beyond? They didn't tell us.

10-May-2023 19:32:53 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 19:40:56 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 317-318-277-66278937 Back to Top