Forums

Sailing won't come in 2023

Quick find code: 317-318-277-66278937

Lelouch Vi B
Jan Member 2017

Lelouch Vi B

Posts: 2,111 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The biggest update in OSRS history won't get fully designed, programmed, balanced, beta tested, polled, rebalanced, beta tested again, polled again, polished, QC'd and implemented all in just 8 months? Really? Man that's quite the shocker. Now with added
[SARCASM]
Warnings for those less astute!

Archaeology Elite Skill Suggestion

30-Apr-2023 00:38:03 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2023 00:38:56 by Lelouch Vi B

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
E I E dInO said :
The question is what content will we see in 2023 other than other than Bounty Hunter, DT2 and Forestry? Does OSRS have more roadmap to show, or that's all we get in 2023?

Looks like that's pretty much it for OSRS 2023. On their latest banner Advert, OSRS put "Bounty Hunter coming in 2023", "Forestry coming in 2023", "Dessert Treasure 2 coming in 2023" and "Sailing new skilling coming soon" there. Nothing else and we know Skilling won't come out in 2023, and it will be much longer actually according to Mod Kieran. Perhaps "soon" means 2024 summer or fall if not later.

That said, I'll expect OSRS to spread out the re-release of Bounty Hunter, Forestry and DT2. They probably are going to take all the time and release DT2 at the end of Summer or September, so the remaining content in 2023 won't look too scarce.

30-Apr-2023 20:21:08

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Zeffirino said :
I think they've always been pretty clear with the fact that timelines are always subject to change.

Knowing OSRS for 10 years, I know they have never been on time with their roadmaps. Unfortunately, it won't stop plenty others to have high degree of expectancy only to be let down though.

02-May-2023 17:25:53

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001 said :
E I E dInO said :
The question is what content will we see in 2023 other than other than Bounty Hunter, DT2 and Forestry? Does OSRS have more roadmap to show, or that's all we get in 2023?

Looks like that's pretty much it for OSRS 2023. On their latest banner Advert, OSRS put "Bounty Hunter coming in 2023", "Forestry coming in 2023", "Dessert Treasure 2 coming in 2023" and "Sailing new skilling coming soon" there. Nothing else and we know Skilling won't come out in 2023, and it will be much longer actually according to Mod Kieran. Perhaps "soon" means 2024 summer or fall if not later.

That said, I'll expect OSRS to spread out the re-release of Bounty Hunter, Forestry and DT2. They probably are going to take all the time and release DT2 at the end of Summer or September, so the remaining content in 2023 won't look too scarce.

Game Jam might have told us what OSRS is going to fill the void. Something like:

"Mod Ed worked on porting over The Path of Glouphrie, a quest which was present in the August 2007 Archive of RuneScape.[ He also worked on porting over The Temple at Senntisten."

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/132z07n/comment/ji8dvze/?context=3

They are going to just copy-paste old quests to OSRS. Of note, in the Lore Livestream of DT2, Mod Ed said there would not be Temple at Senntisten in OSRS. They would do something different in DT2. Seems like it changed now. It seems like they are just copying City of Senntisten over and DT2 will be light in the lore side than originally mentioned.

Essentially DT2 is becoming the recycled City of Senntisten quest + smaller quest mainly to put up new bosses and they will be released separately. This is similar to the breaking up of Forestry into 2 separate releases.

03-May-2023 22:45:42 - Last edited on 03-May-2023 23:16:01 by Dilbert2001

Emiroe

Emiroe

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe that it would actually be a positive outcome if Jagex were to delay its release and take their time to flesh out the update.

If Sailing were to be postponed until 2024 or later, it would give Jagex more time to carefully develop and refine the content. This would likely result in a more polished and enjoyable gameplay experience for all of us. Rather than rushing to meet a deadline, Jagex could focus on ensuring that the content is balanced, bug-free, and incorporates player feedback.

While it can be disappointing to have to wait longer for new content, I believe that in this case, it would be well worth the wait. So let's keep our fingers crossed that Jagex takes their time with Sailing and delivers a truly exceptional addition to the game.

04-May-2023 09:08:44

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emiroe said :
I believe that it would actually be a positive outcome if Jagex were to delay its release and take their time to flesh out the update.

If Sailing were to be postponed until 2024 or later, it would give Jagex more time to carefully develop and refine the content. This would likely result in a more polished and enjoyable gameplay experience for all of us. Rather than rushing to meet a deadline, Jagex could focus on ensuring that the content is balanced, bug-free, and incorporates player feedback.

While it can be disappointing to have to wait longer for new content, I believe that in this case, it would be well worth the wait. So let's keep our fingers crossed that Jagex takes their time with Sailing and delivers a truly exceptional addition to the game.

My thoughts exactly and there is no question that this is their intention. Even with the progress that's already been made in the roadmap Jagex has said time and time again that reversing course is completely an option. After previous attempts at skills they understand what the process should look like now and ensure that they don't spook anyone.

04-May-2023 12:03:53

Quick find code: 317-318-277-66278937 Back to Top