Forums

Summer Party

Quick find code: 294-295-50-63920245

Mod William

Mod William

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Summer has arrived in Gielinor! To celebrate, we are having a beach party, and you are all invited! Solomon's Store has a range of hot new summer items right now, and the Squeal of Fortune will have some unique summer party prizes from tomorrow. Shark fists, anyone?
Squeal of Fortune
It’s the Summer of Fortune and - from tomorrow - Yelps will be adding a host of party items for you to try your luck at winning.
Want to relax and bask in the sun? Win the new sunbathing emote and be the envy of your RuneScape friends!
Want to enjoy the holiday merriment with friends and clan mates? Try the beach ball for a social kick-about and dampen your rivals' spirits with a barrage of water balloons, which can even be thrown at NPCs! If all that excitement is making you hungry, there is the new seaside rock and candy floss food. Both combine an instant heal with a heal-over-time effect, and while the candy floss is members-only, the seaside rock can be enjoyed by free players and members alike.
If you’re really lucky you may even bag yourself a set of the craziest melee weapons ever in RuneScape: shark fists ! That’s actual shark heads mounted on your hands! These new claw-type weapons can be switched between four different forms, each with a more awesome look and higher stats than the last. These forms have Attack requirements ranging from 1 to 55, so they’re the ideal summer battle accessory, whatever your combat level.
All of these super summer items will be on the Squeal of Fortune throughout August and September and - for this weekend only - have improved chances to win! Remember that members get three spins per day over the course of August, so - if you haven't already - subscribe here !
Solomon’s General Store
Solomon has lots of summer treats for you this week. First off, he has added a four-piece beachwear outfit with a RuneScape twist!
Ever wondered if a parasol would make a good sword? Solomon thinks so! With this new accessory, any two-handed sword you wield will take on the appearance of a beach parasol. Solomon has also added a new two-part 'Kick Sand' emote, plus an amazing new teleport animation featuring a gnomecopter!
And if that wasn’t enough, why not stand out from the crowd with the new title: 'The Hot'?

The new items in Solomon’s General Store are available now, and will stay there permanently. The Squeal of Fortune items will arrive on Friday, and will be available for August and September only.

The community team will be running a number of events to kick off our summer celebrations. Click here to find out how you can take part.
Have fun, and party on !
The RuneScape Team

02-Aug-2012 15:15:34

Pitt6berg

Pitt6berg

Posts: 1,049 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First post!
Why, despite a large number of criticism do you guys continue to update sof/sgs? We don't want any more updates for them! Give us some better content. Focus on getting us quality quests instead of this crap! We dont want it!!! Where's the largely talked about and so promised bot nuke? Probably put aside so they could give us more sof/sgs updates, crazy!

02-Aug-2012 15:17:53 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2012 15:20:44 by Pitt6berg

Go Blue
Apr Member 2009

Go Blue

Posts: 554 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit: First page!
I think I speak on behalf of everyone of RuneScape when I say, "Thank you for focusing on SoF updates that nobody wants instead of actual game content that we can play and enjoy. You're the best Jagex!" (That was sarcasm in case you didn't quite get the message Jagex.)
And also, how about instead of coming out with crap like this you focus on things that will actually make RuneScape better? Maybe if you focused on Optimus instead of these "updates", Optimus would have actually solved the bot problem (at least temporarily) instead of doing jack squat.
P.S. I have decided that when I become a billionaire I am going to buy 51% of Jagex so I can get rid of all of these awful updates. Just telling you guys so you're prepared!

02-Aug-2012 15:20:29 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2012 15:36:02 by Go Blue

Kanga Tudi

Kanga Tudi

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No more garbage updates please? I hope people of Jagex and the investors actually realise that you would make much more money by making quality content and good updates in general than you ever will with this SoF & Solomon's general store crap. Also, I would like to point that I don't mind the Solomon's store as the stuff is cosmetic but SoF is just disgusting as it's pretty much the same as RWT with Jagex. Obviously I'd rather no RWT at all. :@

02-Aug-2012 15:25:07 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2012 15:39:59 by Kanga Tudi

Quick find code: 294-295-50-63920245 Back to Top