Forums

RuneScape: Idle Adventures

Quick find code: 294-295-339-65750820

Kittenshark

Kittenshark

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I did get lucky enough to be a beta tester, this game is pretty funky with "abilities" that can be easily exploited.

The first is gaining "Anima" or the games version of currency. It comes in two forms blue from "trade skills" red from "combat skills" The blue currency ability "exploit" comes from the area you begin in Draynor Village. If you use all activatable skills in this area you can farm huge amounts of blue and red Anima even with a very slow click speed and at ability level 1.

For those not in the game the skills are as follow.

Construction- Click a job in town to remove 10s from completion time - ***the first problem is this skill is bugged and removes 10s from completion time across all jobs.

Farming- Become present on every town tile- You add yourself as an extra worker increasing Anima gain on completion.

Firemaking- Gain a x2 speed boost to whatever trade you are currently on

Fishing - All trade jobs anima output x1.2

Woodcutting - Click job in town to remove 1m40s from completion time - this skill is not bugged and only affects on tile.

Attack- x2 Boost to Combat Anima in your current town

Ranged - 3 random jobs in town speed of completion x10

So as you see the abilities by themselves aren't broken but they all stack and I can farm nearly 300mil blue anima myself in roughly 30seconds for all skills to finish.

Now there is a "dungeon" section where you fight enemies based on your combat skills and this is also broken or exploitable.

After completing "The Earl of Duke" quest you will have equipment with effects of the following.

Magic speed +25% on from Chaos body
Magic damage output +20% from Staff of Air
Magic damage output +10% from Chaos Shield.

Those combined with a magic level of 27 put my dungeon damage at magic at 462.

cont. in next post running out of room.

27-Apr-2016 02:44:39

Kittenshark

Kittenshark

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kittenshark said :

Now there is a "dungeon" section where you fight enemies based on your combat skills and this is also broken or exploitable.

After completing "The Earl of Duke" quest you will have equipment with effects of the following.

Magic speed +25% on from Chaos body
Magic damage output +20% from Staff of Air
Magic damage output +10% from Chaos Shield.

Those combined with a magic level of 27 put my dungeon damage at magic at 462.

cont. in next post running out of room.

Which isn't broken in of itself as it takes 24 seconds to do that damage. But these skills have abilities you can activate in dungeon as well.

Magic is - Blast- Damage the Current enemy and smaller damage to the next 3 enemies. This skill will kill most enemies and either kill or do major damage to the subsequent enemies as well. The flip side to this is that skill has a pretty sizeable 45 second cooldown.

In till you unlock Agility. Agility is a combat skill that instead of dealing damage reduces cooldowns. With no boost and only at level 20 reduces active abilities such as blast by 166 seconds. My current cooldown on this skill reads at 00.00 meaning as fast as I can click I can cast blast and breeze through dungeons.

However there are boss monsters that can't get one shot and have a fair bit of health. These you can blast down to half health then use Slayer!.

Slayer's active dungeon skill is Weak Spot- Do damage to the current enemy equal to the amount of damage already dealt x1. Those 10k health bosses aren't too bad when a skill with a 10 minute normal cooldown is now roughly 4 -5 seconds with agility constantly going off.

Please note I am only 4 cities and 2 dungeons in. I am currently stuck on a quest with very very very long requirements to make any more progression.

27-Apr-2016 02:54:32 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2016 03:28:28 by Kittenshark

zallman

zallman

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on this game in its beta, started playing it this morning, and wow, I'm already impressed with what this has to offer. I have not at this point in time come across any bugs as of yet. I've also had a lot of experience playing these idle games and have grown quite fond of them to be honest. I haven't gotten that far seeing that I only got it this morning, but here is my thoughts from just opening it up and playing for an hour and a half or so.

//Just a few things I myself like about this game//

Art work 10/10 - the whole carton look gives it a whole new feel to the game in a nice friendly and humorous way which is both appealing to younger generations and older generations (yes I got my mom to give it a go).

The point of the game is gain "Anima" which is the games sort of currency or influence the that your character has in order to progress through the game. I really do enjoy the game concept of using "Anima" and how it works and i find that its a nice addition to the game.

So far the UI of the game is okay, just when changing your location to a different region , for example Draynor to Lumbridge, I find it a little tedious and this could be made quicker.

But all in all I'm happy with what it has to offer now, in this point in time, ill give a better review on what i think and feel needs to be done in the future, but this is looks very promising.

05-Jul-2016 12:39:31

Tommey

Tommey

Posts: 1,634 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What's the right place for questions and feedback about this game?
I can't find a place for this on the Hippo site.
For now I will post it here.

Currently I'm stuck at the Ankou quest, it tells me to level up my Slayer level, while that level has not appeared on my list at all.

I think it should be made more clear in the game what's good to invest in. I'm just randomly spending anima now, since it is not clear to me what's going to help me. I know how the combat skills work, but I'm mostly talking about investing in workers.

There are quite some typo's, like when you talk to Bob the Cat, it says 'hoenestly' instead of honestly.

I was too eager to play and now I am a female, lol. Was there an option for this at the start that I missed, or is there no option to change your appearance yet?

Sometimes it's confusing what things do. Like when a piece of equipment says +10% Thieving speed, does that mean the workers that are thieving do it faster, or does it mean that in combat, the thieving ability reloads faster? Or both?

I like the game so far. Even though the design isn't RuneScape-like, I like it.

I should probably play some more RuneScape as well.. Buying a year package and then not playing, makes this a very expensive game, relatively :p
"Scabaras' followers are deep thinkers, coming to conclusions tempered by lack of distractions. If you wish for a life of study, you can do no better than to follow his ways."

18-Jul-2016 13:02:07

Krogahn
Jun Member 2023

Krogahn

Posts: 340 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been testing the game for a few days now. While I have encountered only a few technical bugs, I still feel the game is flawed.

The quests Ankou Very Much and Prime Example, as well as the Divine Quest, What is Sewn, are virtually impossible to complete at this stage of the game. (For separate reasons)

Ankou Very Much:
-No Slayer skill is available.
-No Ankou appears in the Edgeville Dungeon.

Prime Example:
-Gaining 40 Farming is a ridiculous task. At 29, it cost nearly 1 billion anima per level. **

**[The scale in which you collect/require anima is nonsensical. For example, in order to add another citizen to my crafting skill, it will cost me 3.13 Octillion Blue Anima. Octillion. I was unaware such a number even exist, let alone fathom the hours, days, weeks, and months it will take just to reach this amount.]

What is Sewn:
- Zombie and Skeletons do not appear in any dungeon I have encountered so far.

Now. For the biggest issue of them all.
Threads of Time

Every time I open the Threads of Time tab, the game locks on that tab, and freezes. I have to close the game and restart it every time. This is a problem, as I can no longer reset the world because of it. This is the most troublesome issue I have had with the game.

Other than these issues, (which I see as very fixable) the game is enjoyable. Although, it is extremely pointless, as it adds nothing to in-game Runescape. It just seems like another way to extract microtransactions.
Ban all ALT1 users.

22-Jul-2016 17:15:12

Tommey

Tommey

Posts: 1,634 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Jagex,

We (or I) know that this game is run by the Hippo's, but we don't know where to post our feedback. Please redirect us?

Krogahn said :
Ankou Very Much:
-No Slayer skill is available.
-No Ankou appears in the Edgeville Dungeon.
Yes! That's where I'm stuck too :/
Seems like I can't progress, haven't even played in a few days now since why would I?
"Scabaras' followers are deep thinkers, coming to conclusions tempered by lack of distractions. If you wish for a life of study, you can do no better than to follow his ways."

26-Jul-2016 15:08:18

Mod Balance

Mod Balance

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Tommey said :
We (or I) know that this game is run by the Hippo's, but we don't know where to post our feedback. Please redirect us?

The Steam forums! You can post on the Idle Adventures forums on Steam where HyperHippo are regularly reading and taking feedback. Of course, there's quite a bit of work to be getting on with so you might not get an instant response ;)
Mod Balance
| Head of Community |
Follower of Guthix

19-Aug-2016 10:45:37

Quick find code: 294-295-339-65750820 Back to Top