Forums

RuneScape: Idle Adventures

Quick find code: 294-295-339-65750820

SeerSword

SeerSword

Posts: 81 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mods have been answering a lot of questions, so I was hoping you'd answer mine. As a lore fanatic (I love runescape's story and how it is evolving), I'm hoping to learn a lot more about runescape, possibly other realms. Could any Mods tell us more about the setting and/or type of story we're likely to see. Obviously we don't want blatant spoilers, but some teasers could help get people like me even more excited.

19-Feb-2016 05:47:07

Not Fear

Not Fear

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
look guys its runescape 86: AKA what do we call it this time. the deluxe segment 2016 classic version EOC. do you want to play this or the 900 other versions of runescape (each with 100 worlds in themselves to choose from)

this game honestly used to be a m.m.o.r.p.g. type game. but its not multiplayer anymore.

how will i be able to play runescape with other people when there are more variations of runescape than players who even play it? :(

pay to play no more for me. ill pay to play again if jagex focuses their efforts on just "runescape". its shouldn't even be called "runescape 3" just focus your time on one damn game please.
fdsa

19-Feb-2016 07:13:06

Mission Ctrl

Mission Ctrl

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HyperHippo does not have a good record as far as avoiding gamebreaking bugs goes. They had a bug a couple of months back that discounted 99.999% of the cost of your units each time you bought a certain upgrade and could stack. This basically let you beat the game with little effort.

They also once accidentally left a development tool ingame on their 3.0 release that let people claim unlimited quantities of gold, their microtransaction currency used to buy various buffs. Somebody used this in coordination with time hacks of hundreds of years at a time and found that a non-paying user would take ~9 trillion years to unlock all the upgrades available. They are TERRIBLE at balancing and math which is what idle games are all about.

The game has only been out for a year and they've already had multiple gamebreaking bugs - and it's NOT EVEN A COMPLICATED GAME! IT'S A SIMPLE IDLE GAME! If you want an example of a complicated idle game, check Realm Grinder, although it doesn't have the cutesy appeal that Adventure Capitalist does.

The moon, while beatable, has a bit that takes around 6-8 weeks to get a single meaningful upgrade. After getting past that, the rest of the unlocks take less than a day altogether. And this upgrade is only at the halfway point through the exponential growth. Terrible balancing and not engaging at all. The only reason I stuck with it was the completionist in me and knowing it was possible.

A lot of people enjoy the concept of idle games, and they managed to step on it memorably with a quirky idea and memorable quotes/puns, but as far as actual execution and attention to detail they're not a very good company. They lucked out by being one of the first but they do not have an actual quality product. If Cookie Clicker had been monetized instead of being abandoned it would probably have taken the same market place as Adventure Capitalist and nobody would give two ***** about Hyper Hippo.

22-Feb-2016 03:31:10 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2016 03:34:01 by Mission Ctrl

Origin

Origin

Posts: 4,515 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Horrible idea to do it through hippo, i like idle games, most of what ive been playing since my break from rs atm. That being said, an RS idle sounds great but if its in the adventure capitalist format, its going to suck hands down. IMO idle games that are vastly interactive are the better ones, such as idle clickers or idles with heavy micro management, (clicker heroes or tap tap infinity are vastly superior compared) unless RS idle is based on micro management often, its going to be a flop. just my 2 cents.

24-Feb-2016 02:37:31

Quick find code: 294-295-339-65750820 Back to Top