Forums

MMG - Myths and Misconceptions

Quick find code: 294-295-309-65341957

Saxo
Mar Member 2020

Saxo

Posts: 7,687 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edward March said :
Chart 3 has an odd spike in 2012. Why are there so many players still less than level 100?

Free membership trial, I'd assume.

Kaleefas said :
Take that everyone that said we had 100k players online everyday. We only now see the true players online.

And to those that are blaming the EoC for the players online
#takethat

EoC did hurt the online players... to try and say otherwise you're deluded.. I'd like to see the amount of people who's online time cut down significantly after EoC was release compared to before it, before you post saying "but there was still bots before eoc" then jagex claim they have 100% detection systems, take those users out and give us concrete numbers..

Example the current EoC numbers is roughly that before OSRS was released, and yet OSRS has 20k~ online at times.. while i'm sure not all of them played up until EOC's release, I think it's safe to say alot did.

04-Apr-2014 20:51:03 - Last edited on 04-Apr-2014 20:52:05 by Saxo

M A D Toxic
Aug Member 2023

M A D Toxic

Posts: 2,784 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow.

This is far more information than I ever expected to see!
2003 Here with 2514 total if that helps at all.
Also..Far over 26yo hahaha.

Perhaps it can be looked into the sheer copious amount of update and additions to the game? If it is overwhelming for me I can only imagine that it must look insurmountable to a new player. Yes the weekly updates are great for the top 500 players that play so much but for your "Average" player the ones that "pay the bills".......

In short I thank you for being so forthcoming with this behind the scenes data.

PS: I broke down my days played by the years in game and I average 16 minutes per day hahahaha.

04-Apr-2014 20:57:34

Saxo
Mar Member 2020

Saxo

Posts: 7,687 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cake King said :
I'm curious how you got that ratio of males to females.

aswell as age.. alot of players didn't have to put their date of birth if they registered before a certain date, all you had to do was tick a box saying you're over 13 i believe

04-Apr-2014 20:59:39

Ichiboa
May Member 2015

Ichiboa

Posts: 194 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed being able to see some of the statistical data, and would like to request more information like this to be released in future where applicable. Things like average xp/week or xp/day gained and things of that nature that are not really able to be obtained from highscores would be nice to be able to see. Thanks also for trying to clarify the game's situation.

04-Apr-2014 21:00:32 - Last edited on 04-Apr-2014 21:01:52 by Ichiboa

Edward March

Edward March

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saxo said :
Edward March said :
Chart 3 has an odd spike in 2012. Why are there so many players still less than level 100?

Free membership trial, I'd assume.

That would imply that these are inactive + active accounts... would that make this year's spike look very impressive?

04-Apr-2014 21:01:42 - Last edited on 04-Apr-2014 21:02:58 by Edward March

The Abater

The Abater

Posts: 1,575 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the age / gender statistics aren't wholly accurate due to people putting incorrect information. Certainly the daily amount people play and the average net worth of players is interesting. The fact that only 1% of players have over 1 billion is intriguing.

04-Apr-2014 21:02:05

mith dragons
May Member 2008

mith dragons

Posts: 3,418 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great read! Glad things were clarified!

Also, the botwatch was not perfect at first and any accounts were reinstated and compensated (if needed). The issues were fixed. Nearly 2 years later, im sure its flawless. Also, anyone who says the know for a fact that you know someone who was innocent..all i have to say is that you dont know for a fact. You dont know what they did for certain and you certainly dont know if they are innocent and when they got detected. Any recent bans are accurate as it is flawless at this point. The issues were resolved.

04-Apr-2014 21:02:23

Quick find code: 294-295-309-65341957 Back to Top