Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

9 Tails
Aug Member 2021

9 Tails

Posts: 694 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Warrior737 said :
Did you do a poll to release EoC? No

Why do you make a poll to release this update?

Can you make a poll to remove EoC? No

**** you.

Lol'd, I wish they would re-poll EoC. There was a poll, but you had to play the beta to actually vote in it. I didn't know this until last week, the poll "passed" 80%, go to Google and search "EoC Survey Poll" and it should be one of the first ones. I completely disagree with the results, but what can you do I guess.

18-Oct-2013 02:22:52

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Final Bane said :
-snip-

You still keep your extra exp.

It just doesn't get grandfathered in to Prestige itself.

If you had actually READ the blog, you'd see that the exp gathered DOES count.

If you get 200m each Prestige, you'll be higher in exp than someone who does the bare minimum and then prestiges again.

It's no different than someone who gets the 13.1 for a 99 and then moves on because the only skill there's benefit from (if not maxed and looking to) to go beyond that is Dungeoneering.

If you get 200m in everything before Prestiging, you'll be higher than people who only get the bare minimum in each skill, and higher yet than people who only focus on their favorite(s). They'll be ahead in total prestiges, but not total overall per prestige, and further from that in total total.

Not that I've seen you say so, but it's still disappointing the people I last replied to almost twenty pages are still crying that they shouldn't waste time on Prestige and instead should make leveling better or give us new levels/content.

They can do both. And you'll have even more reason to actually do so with prestige, since it not allows people to gain more exp, but to have reason to do so because it'll actually show .

Even great musicians will go back to the basics, they don't just sit there and let themselves stagnate.

18-Oct-2013 02:25:29

Oras Shadow

Oras Shadow

Posts: 10,249 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like ConquestAlex's idea much better than the Prestige one.

I've been reading about Prestige for almost 90 minutes and am still left with more questions than answers!

Why would anyone in their right mind erase 200m exp just to gain a symbol showing how crazy they are?

It would be nice if that 200m exp could be converted into a concrete level tho.

18-Oct-2013 02:29:30

English King
Aug Member 2023

English King

Posts: 6,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted no because of several reasons just to name a few...

Free play can't do...
Jagex took away the competition I had with free players by removing highscores...
Jagex promised to bring back highscores for free play....THEY HAVE NOT...
Can't trust Jagex because they often go back on word...they say it will be seperate and then will probably end up as only 1 highscore...
Jagex originally said fees wouldn't go up but now they have gone up 3 times since I started game which drove me from being a member so much...
Players are looking for fun content yet I haven't really seen anything that fun in game in the past 4 years...
Most stuff basically repeated stuff even events have been slacking or those new events tideous not that fun...
'07 wasted content and staff time just because jagex wouldn't listen to the majority of the players not wanting EOC and weaknesses added splitting up the community even more... ( Would of been easier and less headaches to make eoc weapons for those that wanted the new style)
TOO much free xp via sof and other stuff took away the challenge in the first place and x this x that made the game jagex playable not player playable everyone afks almost making the community so quiet and boring...
list goes on and on but pointless to tell jagex I've already did to no avail and more and more players and long time friends moving on to other games or just quiting...

Why am I here? I did leave for while played new game loved it, community is great, can email each other via in game, but it was combat based and got into the top 200 on it but decided and still hope that this game will return with more challenge and fun waiting and waiting....checked out new skill basically like runespan most players dont bother to make items they just want to hurry and get 99s to get their ranks back...Sailing or piracy would of been more fun skill than divination... Sorry if repeat lag and forums not working to well

18-Oct-2013 02:29:38

Oses

Oses

Posts: 244 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I will be voting no, and here's why:

1. If prestige goes through, even if it's optional, people will be compelled to do it, for the items, for the bragging rights, whatever. It will hurt the economy and discourage newer players because the grind to 99 (which is a long journey anyway when compared to any other mmo) will not be the end if they want any acknowledgement of their hard work whatsoever.
2. The same result could be obtained by working with the technical limitations to remove the experience cap and not reward any items for post 99 milestones.
3. Changing the level cap to 120 in everything except combat skills would work beautifully if it was phased in slowly as the content was developed, and on a skill to skill basis. It would provide wiggle room for new, higher level content and better xp methods, as well as unlocking what should be max level abilities anyway (ie, smithing dragon armor).

18-Oct-2013 02:32:35

Prrple
Dec Member 2023

Prrple

Posts: 404 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted no, Idk why.
I always like going against "good/bad" updates.
I don't play this game anymore and yet I'm still a member "Just for lols"...
It's like smoking weed and telling yourself it's not addicting nor bad of a drug, when it really alters your reality of understanding current events of your daily life.
EXAMPLE : If player A and player B are woodcutting for some odd reason
and player A be like: What is your woodcutting level?
Player B: Prestige 2, 96.
Player C: wtf? you think your better then me? no. Then that player C goes on a life of competing to become the best woodcutter out there and ruining the aspect of his reality and forcing him into unhealthy gameplay and socializing. Cause like cmon.. its an MMO? right.

p.s - can someone reply to this and help me figure out what the eff I said?
god, i need a drink.

18-Oct-2013 03:13:56

RawrGuardian

RawrGuardian

Posts: 6,349 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Songs said :
RawrGuardian said :
The poll, and this discussion should be only for players who have at least 1 99 skill.

MOST of the votes for "yes" or people who like the update do not have a single 99. They have no right to be in this poll.

and you know this how?

Adventure logs

The only people who can use this feature are people with a 99, so it's fair to say that only people with 99's should be allowed to vote. How could someone even understand the downsides to this update without first having a 99?

It's like on Call of Duty... "Prestige" sounds cool, until you spend many hours getting to the highest level, and then it sounds terrible to many as everything you unlocked is reset.

On RS it's very similar... people who have over 13m XP or top ranked on the highscores feel like they are getting cheated out of all the extra xp / ranks they have obtained. Along with this, it makes the goal of "achieving 99" insignificant as it won't be the "highest level" any longer. It'll be like 1st prestige on call of duty...no one cares... only prestige that matters is 15th prestige or whatever the "highest rank" is.

18-Oct-2013 03:14:33 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 03:21:18 by RawrGuardian

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top