Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
White Jaguar said :
Mothermaker said :
White Jaguar said :
No, the rsc beta started in 1999. Why do you think the beginning year for jagex's copyright is 1999?

I encourage you to do some research. Deviousmud was 1999 and was never released. Runescape, now called classic, was released to the public in 2001.

Officially released you mean. As a complete game w/ members. Its cute that you are trying to tell me that something that I personally lived is wrong lol. I can get an old of friend of mine, who also played back then, to come post about how wrong you are as well. But then, if you don't believe me about the copyright, which you need to have something released that someone can copy in the first place, I feel sad for you. After all, you probably weren't born yet at that point huh

For someone as old as you must be to have played the orginal Beta, you sure seem immature with that last comment.

17-Oct-2013 21:20:22

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyways, I'm outty...

65 pages later to sum up the No's

"I don't want to level up again, so nobody should"
" My current xp is wasted"

For those of you just joining, the yesses are a bit more complex but if you actually read the DEV blog you'll see the benefits from there..... Which I implore everyone to do before voting yes or no.

Take care, Their rework to satisfy everybody should be interesting, I wonder what kind of compromises will have to be made to get a ridiculous 75% voting approval (Old school would HAVE NEVER REACHED THAT, they did not even let us vote no!)
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 21:20:46 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 21:21:48 by Mr RobinHood

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ferenc2017 said :
nat said :
Lol self admittedly mentally unstable. Oman.......... I'm more stable than most humans m8. You lost me at that by the way. Cba reading the rest of your posts.

*runs virus scanner*

-virus detected unable to remove it-

Auw... :(

LOL.

17-Oct-2013 21:21:33

FlyingFox
Sep Member 2011

FlyingFox

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
Anyways, I'm outty...

65 pages later to sum up the No's

"I don't want to level up again, so nobody should"
" My current xp is wasted"

For those of you just joining, the yesses are a bit more complex but if you actually read the DEV blog you'll see the benefits from there..... Which I implore everyone to do before voting yes or no.

Take care, Their rework to satisfy everybody should be interesting, I wonder what kind of compromises will have to be made to get a ridiculous 75% voting approval (Old school would HAVE NEVER REACHED THAT, they did not even let us vote no!)

There';s more to hoody's short sightedness people :)

but thanks anyway hoods.

17-Oct-2013 21:21:59 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 21:22:32 by FlyingFox

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ave Brassica,

For people that prestige 1 or 2 skills, they will buy resources, but for those that prestige all of their skills, they will mine the ores to smith, cut the logs to burn and fletch, and fish the food to cook.

They will also require finished products, as Jagex made it you need to eat the appropriate food for your level, you would need armor to wear as you can't wear high level gear until you get that level again, and will need weapons to do combat with until you can use high level weapons again.

It will allow veterans to play along with new players and make the new players fill welcomed to the game of runescape.

I have often gone dungeoneering with somebody just starting out in dungeoning, but most people won't dungeon with somebody unless they are a specific combat or dungeon level.

Imagine if quite a few people prestiged and were forced to either solo dungeon or go dungeoning with newcomers. It would help rebuild a community.

17-Oct-2013 21:25:18

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlyingFox said :

Stay on topic please,

Smurfie, I doubt you have played for a long time. And isn't it to you more fun that someone would actually use your dragonhide bodies, rather than alching them?
Problem with amulets is that they aren't even worth alching, and like a LOT of items like even dragon square shields, you see no one uses them for anything anymore.

By inserting this prestige system you only flood the market with these redundant items.
I prefer to see high levels actually NEEDING those amulets for their own goals, rather than adding them to the 23423432423432 redundant ones.

As I've stated in numerous threads concerning Divination and dragon items as well as things like the differences between imcando pickaxe / inferno adze (like one complaining about the dragon rewards from BotD), there can be ways to generate a demand for those products.

Staying with an 'either/or' instead of moving to an 'and' position is only hurting your argument.

17-Oct-2013 21:26:03

FlyingFox
Sep Member 2011

FlyingFox

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlyingFox said :
Hey everyone, I already made a post here, but i started to think about it, and wonder why I was so keen on saying NO to this update. And it's actually quite simple :
It's just not good enough.

Sure you could reset all level 99s and continue prestige, but it will cause more problems than do it good. It looks like a high level new option, but actually it will influence the newcomers to this game greatly.
What is currently not appealing to newcomers is how USELESS the items are that they create. You made it to making your own Amulet of Strength? Congratulations ! Go add it to the pile of 2498734287654 other amulets we don't use because HA HA we're higher level than you.

When I think of prestiging something, (and not completely undermine the fun of being a low level, instead of showing them they have to first suck it up, then get to the good stuff, and then realize they want to suck it up again twice as hard,) , I think of an extra way to give a challenge to higher levels.

So why not combine the two? Is it so hard to create a prestige system that would for example ask 5 strength amulets to create a new just improved version of it? (or trimmed for my part) This will make the demand for the amulets themselves and ACTUALLY MAKING THEM a LOT more rewarding, rather than adding to the infinite pile of redundancy.

And what if those improved amulets were to be only able to be made at the end of the line, at 99? They would attract new players by showing we actually need them to continue our journey, rather than keeping them at a distance. Or pretend we're one of them. Because we're not.

But guys don't forget that the reason we play this game in the first place is so we don't feel like a number in a highscore. It's because we feel we contribute to the whole. And that has been lost ever since grand exchange came out.

Are there yes or no voters against this idea?

17-Oct-2013 21:26:05

Hungraninc
Jul Member 2023

Hungraninc

Posts: 1,496 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there!
Alright so I voted yes because I am interested to see what you do with this content. I'd like you to reconsider the 75% thing. They content is directed at high level players but there is no requirements to vote based on this. I also would hate for content you deem good enough for us to not be put in the game. There will always be content people aren't going to do/like.

Something I'd like to see done with this though maybe in the future. A prestige for quests. I honestly don't care if we get rewards or not. If it means entering the game I'd take zero benefits from this. But it would be awesome to start a quest over from scratch to remember the story. There are quests I did 7-8 years ago. I don't remember a single bit of them lol. It would be nice to revisit the old stories once again without creating a new account.

17-Oct-2013 21:27:03

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prom3theus said :
My understanding was that the 200 mil xp cap was not a choice of Jagex's, but rather a limitation because of the coding. Like the limitation on items in a stack. It's not something that can be changed without a complete rewrite of everything from scratch.

this

17-Oct-2013 21:27:32

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top