Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Warrior737

Warrior737

Posts: 485 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's funny.. Jagex only makes a poll for the updates they don't want to release.. but they never make a poll for the updates that they want to release it in the beginning...

If Jagex wants to make an update they will do it without a poll. Jagex please don't act like you care about your costumers.

17-Oct-2013 21:28:03 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 21:34:01 by Warrior737

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlyingFox said :
Mr RobinHood said :
Funny was your advice to others nattie

Stay on topic please,

Smurfie, I doubt you have played for a long time. And isn't it to you more fun that someone would actually use your dragonhide bodies, rather than alching them?
Problem with amulets is that they aren't even worth alching, and like a LOT of items like even dragon square shields, you see no one uses them for anything anymore.

By inserting this prestige system you only flood the market with these redundant items.
I prefer to see high levels actually NEEDING those amulets for their own goals, rather than adding them to the 23423432423432 redundant ones.

yes there is a large amount of bronze, iron and steel items in game, and prestiging will add more of such items.

I hope you recognize the sarcasm but in case you don't, there is not tons of redundant items but items that have a low ge value because a maxed player or nearly maxed player has no use of them. Why run around in dragon armor or with a whip, when using such stuff would handicap a player with 99 in a skill?

17-Oct-2013 21:33:33

FlyingFox
Sep Member 2011

FlyingFox

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord . When an item isn't worth making, they go towards the alch value. If there is a demand, they will go towards surpassing their resource value.

All I have seen for years is the resources overcoming the products.

Thank you for your sarcasm. It's a sign of trying to get an advantage over something you simply don't understand. I hope this helps.

17-Oct-2013 21:36:43

Flashaway
May Member 2006

Flashaway

Posts: 3,013 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some people are never satisfied. I absolutely can not stand this idea of prestige as I keep stessing on other posts. Im glad the community has voted No to this and Im glad Jagex will take a u-turn on this by looking at the figures so far.

I do support additional implementations to be made to the highscores like it being made to a seasonal state and cosmetic rewarding at each major milestone i.e. 100mill 200mill xp etc. I do sympathies for the developers who have waster hundreds of hours of their time.

17-Oct-2013 21:36:50

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the case of more people using low-level armour and weps, most of the things that we level'd up with aren't useful anymore and won't be used. Things like brackish blades and chaotics and what not will probably be used more than whips etc.

Not to mention people are just gonna use spins to get to 80/90 to use the higher level stuff.

So many flaws :l...

17-Oct-2013 21:38:18

Rex Caeli

Rex Caeli

Posts: 268 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why i personally think prestige is a better system than level cap on 120:

1) lvl 120 = 104m total xp in that skill, while redoing the skill 1-99 'only' takes another 13m xp. I know that the first steps in a skill are slow xp, but in the end the 13m xp will still be faster than getting an additional 91m xp to reach level 120 in a skill. Not only that, 120 in a skill = reaching level 99 8 times. In my opinion, gaining a level about 800 times is way less boring than getting millions of xp to gain 'only' 21 more levels.

2) prestige makes dead content alive again, while level 120 cap does not. Remember the nexus? That place is almost completely empty nowadays. If you could redo prayer, lots of people would use the nexus to get their first levels in prayer quickly.

3) prestige works indefinitely, while in the current system a lot of people would suddenly 'jump' to 120 magically because they have 104m+ xp in their skills already. A large part of the high-leveled people would not be helped with a higher level cap that way. The game would still remain dull for them (if they even think it is dull) as they would have 120 just by logging in so to speak.

Those are the three main reasons why i voted yes. I repeat: i respect the people who voted 'no' and have a solid reasoning. But simply voting 'no' because you won't be using the prestige system, is selfish.
Completionist cape owner as of 14/10/2015 :)
Master quest cape owner as of 25/12/2015 :)

17-Oct-2013 21:38:27

FlyingFox
Sep Member 2011

FlyingFox

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rex Caeli,

Nice points for voting yes. Under those thoughts i would be inclined to vote yes as well. But keep in mind that people will be using frost dragon bones on a gilded altar and still not meet the nexus.

If they just keep their melee stats, they might even get their own bones, because you could already see everyone having bought up the frost dragon bones when announced the prestige system would take place. They have dropped because they saw it going to 'no' quickly.

I wish people were different, but their actions are painfully predictable

17-Oct-2013 21:40:47 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 21:42:26 by FlyingFox

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have voted "no" as I do not feel the need into prestiging skills, personally, I think it takes a lot of time and effort to get a 99 in any skill, also, I do not feel the need that you have to add a new feature into the game that enables you to prestige a stat, I understand and I am very happy that you have given us the chance to vote if we want it or not purely because the game is the players as well, and I think we should have a say in everything that goes into runescape, as a community I personally think we could all come up with better idea's on how to make the game more fun, I'm not saying it isn't fun, I am saying we can make it funner, as a community we can discuss and come up with new idea's to help improve the game, because if the Mods come up with all of the idea's I do not think it is fair, but allowing us to vote is a very brave thing to do, I appreciate all the time and effort you have put into thinking of a grand idea, I know other people think differently to what I am saying here but this is just me saying what I think personally, anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that you understand what I mean, It is a very good idea and I love the fact that you can go back to the 99 skill you have chosen to prestige.
Thanks
-Zaydey

17-Oct-2013 21:43:34

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rex Caeli said :
Why i personally think prestige is a better system than level cap on 120:

1) lvl 120 = 104m total xp in that skill, while redoing the skill 1-99 'only' takes another 13m xp. I know that the first steps in a skill are slow xp, but in the end the 13m xp will still be faster than getting an additional 91m xp to reach level 120 in a skill. Not only that, 120 in a skill = reaching level 99 8 times. In my opinion, gaining a level about 800 times is way less boring than getting millions of xp to gain 'only' 21 more levels.

2) prestige makes dead content alive again, while level 120 cap does not. Remember the nexus? That place is almost completely empty nowadays. If you could redo prayer, lots of people would use the nexus to get their first levels in prayer quickly.

3) prestige works indefinitely, while in the current system a lot of people would suddenly 'jump' to 120 magically because they have 104m+ xp in their skills already. A large part of the high-leveled people would not be helped with a higher level cap that way. The game would still remain dull for them (if they even think it is dull) as they would have 120 just by logging in so to speak.

Those are the three main reasons why i voted yes. I repeat: i respect the people who voted 'no' and have a solid reasoning. But simply voting 'no' because you won't be using the prestige system, is selfish.

In the case of the Nexus - it was dead content to begin with for high levels, and it won't make a difference with prestige being released. High levels will just use Frosts on their already-made athome alters.

I would actually rather a 120-system because atleast then there's the option to introduce even more content into game, more options to level up as you expect exp rates to change.

17-Oct-2013 21:43:56

Rex Caeli

Rex Caeli

Posts: 268 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlyingFox said :
Rex Caeli,

Nice points for voting yes. Under those thoughts i would be inclined to vote yes as well. But keep in mind that people will be using frost dragon bones on a gilded altar and still not meet the nexus.

If they just keep their melee stats, they might even get their own bones, because you could already see everyone having bought up the frost dragon bones when announced the prestige system would take place. They have dropped because they saw it going to 'no' quickly.

I wish people were different, but their actions are painfully predictable

Was just trying to give an example, maybe i didn't make a good choice :D
Completionist cape owner as of 14/10/2015 :)
Master quest cape owner as of 25/12/2015 :)

17-Oct-2013 21:44:08

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top