Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jimla said :
Mr RobinHood said :
Nattie, no reason to get defensive you said the negatives heavily outweighed the positives, I'm sure if you explained to us what those are, people would be willing to respectively engage in conversation, no reason to get defensive

We're just curious what the bad is

There is absolutely no use in trying to explain.

I've tried multiple times to politely explain in detail my position and why I personally voted 'NO' against this update. However, these posts usually enrage butthurt 'YES' voters who are unwilling/unable to try and see the issue from another perspective, and in a few cases they've even lashed out at me in personal attacks out of disagreement.

The funny part to me is that most of the 'YES' voters who are really upset over the poll results right now, are people who would hardly be affected by prestige in the first place. They call the other voters selfish, but perhaps these people need to actually consider that there are a group of players (granted, a minority) that would actually be significantly impacted by this update and would see thousands of hours of efforts down to the toilet unless they choose to compete all over again and earn their rank back from scratch.

In the end it is just plain immature to flame and get angry over the fact other people may have different opinions. If you've been following this debate from the start you would know that there are interesting arguments both for & against prestige, many of which are actually very good points. Everybody has the right to vote for what they feel is the right thing for the game, and if you don't agree with their vote then too bad.

Just remember this is not the end of the line here. Jagex WILL be revisiting this prestige idea in the very near future and taking our feedback into account. However, this time lets hope they do it in a way that is fair to everybody.

TYANDIMISSYOUXO<3

17-Oct-2013 20:26:34

Mothermaker
Jun Member 2023

Mothermaker

Posts: 914 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Moffit said :
i 100% agree, it would be too similar to call of duty.... and those who have played call of duty know that its just a continuous cycle with very little reward. i think that 120 in all skills with an additional 120 cape for each skill would be more than enough motivation for people to put added work into their account, especially if they are maxed. then jagex can add new content through that and add more to do through each skill without having to add things that don't really fit into their current place/ level in the skill

This is the type of ignorance I'm talkin about. Prestige is not CoDfish exclusive, but has been in games that both pre-date and post-date this overdone shooter. Unfortunately ignorance usually wins here.

17-Oct-2013 20:27:51

Fiona
Jan Member 2007

Fiona

Posts: 3,479 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jimla said :
Mr RobinHood said :
Nattie, no reason to get defensive you said the negatives heavily outweighed the positives, I'm sure if you explained to us what those are, people would be willing to respectively engage in conversation, no reason to get defensive

There is absolutely no use in trying to explain.

I've tried multiple times to politely explain in detail my position and why I personally voted 'NO' against this update. However, these posts usually enrage butthurt 'YES' voters who are unwilling/unable to try and see the issue from another perspective, and in a few cases they've even lashed out at me in personal attacks out of disagreement.

The funny part to me is that most of the 'YES' voters who are really upset over the poll results right now, are people who would hardly be affected by prestige in the first place. They call the other voters selfish, but perhaps these people need to actually consider that there are a group of players (granted, a minority) that would actually be significantly impacted by this update and would see thousands of hours of efforts down to the toilet unless they choose to compete all over again and earn their rank back from scratch.

In the end it is just plain immature to flame and get angry over the fact other people may have different opinions. If you've been following this debate from the start you would know that there are interesting arguments both for & against prestige, many of which are actually very good points. Everybody has the right to vote for what they feel is the right thing for the game, and if you don't agree with their vote then too bad.

Just remember this is not the end of the line here. Jagex WILL be revisiting this prestige idea in the very near future and taking our feedback into account. However, this time lets hope they do it in a way that is fair to everybody.

I agree! Ty.

17-Oct-2013 20:28:06

Zamorak Soul
Jul Member 2010

Zamorak Soul

Posts: 620 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would prefer it if there were no prestige system at all. This gives players who have the time and money to max over and over just so much more to gloat about. Instead of a maxed player saying "hahaha I'm maxed haha" they can say "HAHAHA I'VE USED PRESTIGE TO MAX 5 TIMES HAAAAAAHAHAHA"
Trimmed Completionist on 3/10/17 in memory of my father. Striving for IFB and True Trim.
49/50 Boss Pets | True Trim Forum
Hail Zamorak, Lord of Chaos!

17-Oct-2013 20:30:00

Lotuspod

Lotuspod

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nat said :
Mr RobinHood said :

High levels will either leave, or grind until they die - as I said before, unhealthy completion.

Low levels will quickly become bored with their rude, afking high level comrades - once again, something I already expanded on.

Those currently going for Max or Comp will become discouraged with the prospect of having to do it again.

More bots due to increased prices of goods 0 which would soon cause them to drop again - as we all know Jagex takes years getting to bot solutions.

More useless items that no one will use, causing items to drop in price farther.

More of doing the same thing players have done for years - without the fun.

More people getting banned because of botting these skills again (Wait nevermind thats a good thing)

I'd go on but I'd like to look at other posts.

These are pretty much all unfounded opinions, and most have nothing to do with prestige. Come out and say the real reason already.

Or keep going....bc you're getting pretty funny. Would you like a tinfoil hat?

17-Oct-2013 20:30:28

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Meh. There's no point. You give them a valid reason, valid suggestions to fix it, to make the update more realistic and useful, and they still bash you.

I'm just going to assume you're all idiots, don't read what I've posted(and what other naysayers have posted), or are just trolls.

And for those that just don't understand the NO perspective, imagine playing for 10 years. Now imagine finally getting the a Completionist Cape. Then imagine planning on getting 200m's in the skills you love to train. Hold on a minute. Is that a div blog?

IS THAT DIV BLOG TELLING ME 200M'S WONT BE RELEVANT SOON?! OH BOY ITS MY TIME TO SHINE.

....Oh wait...I don't have 10 years to waste again :c.

17-Oct-2013 20:31:30

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Lotuspod said :
nat said :
Mr RobinHood said :

High levels will either leave, or grind until they die - as I said before, unhealthy completion.

Low levels will quickly become bored with their rude, afking high level comrades - once again, something I already expanded on.

Those currently going for Max or Comp will become discouraged with the prospect of having to do it again.

More bots due to increased prices of goods 0 which would soon cause them to drop again - as we all know Jagex takes years getting to bot solutions.

More useless items that no one will use, causing items to drop in price farther.

More of doing the same thing players have done for years - without the fun.

More people getting banned because of botting these skills again (Wait nevermind thats a good thing)

I'd go on but I'd like to look at other posts.

These are pretty much all unfounded opinions, and most have nothing to do with prestige. Come out and say the real reason already.

Or keep going....bc you're getting pretty funny. Would you like a tinfoil hat?

I've read what you've posted towards other people and have come to the con*usion that you're an idiot or a troll. And will be ignoring your posts furthermore. Tycomeagainxo

17-Oct-2013 20:32:30

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nat said :
Meh. There's no point. You give them a valid reason, valid suggestions to fix it, to make the update more realistic and useful, and they still bash you.

I'm just going to assume you're all idiots, don't read what I've posted(and what other naysayers have posted), or are just trolls.

And for those that just don't understand the NO perspective, imagine playing for 10 years. Now imagine finally getting the a Completionist Cape. Then imagine planning on getting 200m's in the skills you love to train. Hold on a minute. Is that a div blog?

IS THAT DIV BLOG TELLING ME 200M'S WONT BE RELEVANT SOON?! OH BOY ITS MY TIME TO SHINE.

....Oh wait...I don't have 10 years to waste again :c.

^ +1 from a fellow aspy
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

17-Oct-2013 20:33:45

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top