Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

K Shock
Jan Member 2012

K Shock

Posts: 2,831 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the idea of a prestige system, there are skills that I just haven't used or put time into after achieving level 99. Some of them are skills that I enjoyed, but I want the max cape, so I ignore in favor of lower level skills.

I'm hoping to have max by next June and at that point, there really wont be much for me to do. I don't want to end up like a few rl friends who only come back on to level the new skills then not see them in game for months/years. Prestige gives an incentive for me to go ahead and level them again - and hopefully, meet some new friends along the way, and give some pointers as I've done the path to 99 once before.

17-Oct-2013 20:20:33

KittyFlower
Dec Member 2021

KittyFlower

Posts: 5,971 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Magic Mama said :
KittyFlower said :
Idk if any Jmods are still reading this thread.... but my one concern is my untrimmed mining cape. I have it keepsaked. will i still be able to use and wear this IF i decide to prestige my mining? or will i not be able to wear any of my 99 capes once i have prestiged it until my level shows 99 again?

I think it was said in the other thread that prestiging does not limit your ability to wear skill cape or comp capes.

thanks for answering me!!! i greatly appreciate it!!!

17-Oct-2013 20:21:07

DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Posts: 54 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted 'No' on this.

I just don't see how it makes the hiscores any more competitive.

The people who play the most and therefore gain the most exp will be at the top, same as it's always been.

You're basically raising the ceiling and then giving us a step ladder to reach it with as though that somehow makes it easier.

Having said that, if it makes it to 75%, then fine, I will be part of the minority that simply doesn't use it. However, it's at 62% right now and if it reaches 75% I'd be surprised.

17-Oct-2013 20:22:56

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
Nattie, no reason to get defensive you said the negatives heavily outweighed the positives, I'm sure if you explained to us what those are, people would be willing to respectively engage in conversation, no reason to get defensive

We're just curious what the bad is

High levels will either leave, or grind until they die - as I said before, unhealthy completion.

Low levels will quickly become bored with their rude, afking high level comrades - once again, something I already expanded on.

Those currently going for Max or Comp will become discouraged with the prospect of having to do it again.

More bots due to increased prices of goods 0 which would soon cause them to drop again - as we all know Jagex takes years getting to bot solutions.

More useless items that no one will use, causing items to drop in price farther.

More of doing the same thing players have done for years - without the fun.

More people getting banned because of botting these skills again (Wait nevermind thats a good thing)

I'd go on but I'd like to look at other posts.

17-Oct-2013 20:25:18

M a y be
Aug Member 2008

M a y be

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like the idea of prestige, the ability to replay the game as such once you hit 99.

I think prestige should only be an option to those that have max'ed and then they get the opportunity to reset 'all' to 1 (with the revert option available for new quests etc. - again with no xp counting towards your prestige but still counting towards your total xp)

For high scores - as well as prestige, keep total xp gained as a column on there (regardless of those who choose to reset or not) perhaps defaulting to sort by prestige level but allowing the opportunity to sort by total xp gained as well - this means those with high xp in a skill (who chose not to reset) still get the recognition they rightfully deserve.

17-Oct-2013 20:25:24

Jimla

Jimla

Posts: 5,394 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
Nattie, no reason to get defensive you said the negatives heavily outweighed the positives, I'm sure if you explained to us what those are, people would be willing to respectively engage in conversation, no reason to get defensive

We're just curious what the bad is

There is absolutely no use in trying to explain.

I've tried multiple times to politely explain in detail my position and why I personally voted 'NO' against this update. However, these posts usually enrage butthurt 'YES' voters who are unwilling/unable to try and see the issue from another perspective, and in a few cases they've even lashed out at me in personal attacks out of disagreement.

The funny part to me is that most of the 'YES' voters who are really upset over the poll results right now, are people who would hardly be affected by prestige in the first place. They call the other voters selfish, but perhaps these people need to actually consider that there are a group of players (granted, a minority) that would actually be significantly impacted by this update and would see thousands of hours of efforts down to the toilet unless they choose to compete all over again and earn their rank back from scratch.

In the end it is just plain immature to flame and get angry over the fact other people may have different opinions. If you've been following this debate from the start you would know that there are interesting arguments both for & against prestige, many of which are actually very good points. Everybody has the right to vote for what they feel is the right thing for the game, and if you don't agree with their vote then too bad.

Just remember this is not the end of the line here. Jagex WILL be revisiting this prestige idea in the very near future and taking our feedback into account. However, this time lets hope they do it in a way that is fair to everybody.

17-Oct-2013 20:25:47

Fiona
Jan Member 2007

Fiona

Posts: 3,479 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lotuspod said :
2 huge posts above me and still no valid reasons to vote no lol

Just because you and others don't like someone's reasons to vote "NO" or clearly don't understand them does not make them invalid or any less important. :O

17-Oct-2013 20:26:14

Lotuspod

Lotuspod

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DisturbedNeo said :
I voted 'No' on this.

I just don't see how it makes the hiscores any more competitive.

The people who play the most and therefore gain the most exp will be at the top, same as it's always been.

You're basically raising the ceiling and then giving us a step ladder to reach it with as though that somehow makes it easier.

Having said that, if it makes it to 75%, then fine, I will be part of the minority that simply doesn't use it. However, it's at 62% right now and if it reaches 75% I'd be surprised.

Is there a reason in here, or just a bunch of pointless nonsense without any logic or reason at all?

17-Oct-2013 20:26:17

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top