Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Tifir
Jul Member 2023

Tifir

Posts: 6,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted no.

While I feel the idea has potential, and while I like what is intended, I feel it tries to accomplish those things improperly.

Prestige supposedly will make it easier to get up the high scores; however, it really only widens the gap between old and new.
In addition, the lower level resources supposedly will have a better economy; however, people hardly spend any time at low levels.
I also feel like there are too many possible ways the level resetting could be abused.

It does make me sorta sad to see one of Jagex's more innocent ideas get shot down by the community, a bit sadder to know that I'm helping that.

I'd like to give some of my ideas, if you don't mind.

For making the high scores competitive, well, minigames and seasonal high score ranks could contribute to rank.

Lower-level resources... Well, I'm not too sure about this one, but I think I have something.
I'll use armor and weapons as the example.
Lots of them are being made through smithing and crafting, and if they even get used they just get sold to the GE.
There's a surefire way of making people lose items...
Kill them; gotta make the world more dangerous.
More aggressive enemies, enemies with better ai, enemies that are stronger, and a gravestone nerf to cut gravestone times by a bit.
Make people die more and there's an item sink right there.

17-Oct-2013 13:56:09 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 14:06:18 by Tifir

Croy

Croy

Posts: 49 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just redeemed a bond to be able to vote NO.

I would have liked the poll to be up longer than just till 22nd because I won't have so much time over the next 2 weeks to actively use my membership. But anyways, I voted NO because the prestige system reminds me of Sisyphos (greek mythology, the guy who was forced to roll a stone up a mountain over and over and over...). Even though you said it's optional I do think players will feel forced to use it in order to compete further.

Croy

17-Oct-2013 13:57:04

Mr Wyrd
Aug Member 2006

Mr Wyrd

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It seems to me that all the comments saying 'no' have just completely misunderstood.

This is going to be entirely optional. Don't like it, don't do it. Easy!

For all the benefit it offers I really hope it goes ahead.
I think it is a brilliant idea.

17-Oct-2013 14:01:51

AloNeInChaos
Jun Member 2012

AloNeInChaos

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vexx072 said :
If the prestige system was really aimed at the majority of high lvl players as you so claim I'm almost certain that the majority of us high lvl players would much rather prefer skill lvls increased from 99 to 120. Yea, you say that increasing skill lvl caps would take a lot of time but doesn't everything that comes out great take a lot of time too? Even if it would take a year at the drawing board I would still be for 120 lvls.

17-Oct-2013 14:05:28

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AloNeInChaos said :
Vexx072 said :
If the prestige system was really aimed at the majority of high lvl players as you so claim I'm almost certain that the majority of us high lvl players would much rather prefer skill lvls increased from 99 to 120. Yea, you say that increasing skill lvl caps would take a lot of time but doesn't everything that comes out great take a lot of time too? Even if it would take a year at the drawing board I would still be for 120 lvls.

Of course people would say this because it keeps their current xp in mind, which is still the problem
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 14:07:31

DC Scape
Jul Member 2023

DC Scape

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i have voted no and i'm very proud of that, i cant find the good thing of making this ..

if you guys make the prestige up to Prestige 10 for example that will be fine to me.

its just about players who still Study in Their Collage or School... you guys will Ruin

their Education level , because they will be more addicted just to get a higher ranks.

Thanks for listening.

Best Regards , Lightmirror.

17-Oct-2013 14:11:54

Bizzle213

Bizzle213

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been playing for years and i don't consider myself a high level i believe the prestige would gain great access to new rewards and yes being optional means u don't have to do it if u don't want to, this only affect the ones who feel the need to hold onto high scores and lets people with a desire to gain hi scores as well. I also would like to see the increase in levels to 120 as they do with dungeering and add great rewards and content for that as well. So i vote 'YES' :)

17-Oct-2013 14:12:33

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top