Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Anthrax
Aug Member 2013

Anthrax

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I guess if people want to start over again in order to get a higher spot on the rankings, they should be able to do so. It's not that they gain anything other than an ego boost so why would you vote no?

14-Mar-2014 21:10:38

A Lycann
Mar Member 2013

A Lycann

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally thought the prestige stuff was a brilliant idea, gives everyone a chance to enjoy the game from the basics once more, because after 99/200m xp what's there left for you to gain from skills, just money but after 99'ing or 200m the skill you just don't want to do it any more, no real incentive to try be the best at it any more.

Plus the fact the prestige is optional and you can revert back to your old 99 what's the problem here?
It also give Jagex a chance to release more upgrades to weps/armours etc like gaining additional bonuses on them for the more prestiges you have etc or be able to release new content that requires a prestige to use.

This of course is just my opinion.

16-Mar-2014 21:31:01

Rogun1

Rogun1

Posts: 1,087 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please, Jagex, don't go ahead with prestige. It will make not-so-accomplished players feel as though the game will never end. Seems good at first look, but in retrospect will be regretted. Just spend your time adding more great content to the game and you won't need a prestige system.

16-Mar-2014 23:01:41

Skittle Rain

Skittle Rain

Posts: 3,081 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally don't see a problem with prestige
It is just more player opinions no one has to do this but
who those who really love training a skill they have the choice of
gaining something from it
“Today is a gift , enjoy the present.”

17-Mar-2014 11:08:51

To Glory
Jan Member 2009

To Glory

Posts: 2,694 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anthrax said :
I guess if people want to start over again in order to get a higher spot on the rankings, they should be able to do so. It's not that they gain anything other than an ego boost so why would you vote no?

Because i already am a spot higher than him in the hiscores and i have 60m more fishing xp.

Compete with the seasonal hiscores and don't bother the main hiscores. If you want to compete there, then you will have to do it without shortcuts, as i have done before you.

18-Mar-2014 12:46:05

Ketsujo
Nov Member 2022

Ketsujo

Posts: 1,979 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prestige capes? No. Something needs to be worked out there, because just mindlessly grinding the same skill that is uber expensive as hell like Prayer, Smithing, and Herblore (doesn't include those of you who do warbands or farm frosties)...yea. Something needs to be taken into consideration here.

If we're going to prestige our skills, you should be able to offer us an incentive per level of prestige other than bragging rights that we can afford to blow BILLIONS...repeatedly and often.

There are skills that will literally drain people's drive to train them repeatedly while prestiging...and those skills are listed from the slowest to train to the easiest.

Divination
Constitution
Agility
Thieving
Farming
Slayer
Smithing
Herblore
Prayer

Yes, some of these skills are easy to train if you got 2 party hats and a 2B stack in your bank...but that isn't the point. The point is that the EXP ratio for going all the way back to 1 should be increased by a marginal percent.

Example
Prestige Level 1 = 10% exp increase in awarded exp per action/kill
Prestige Level 2 and 3 = 15% exp increase in awarded exp per action/kill
Prestige Level 4 - 9 = 20% exp increase in awarded exp per action/kill
Prestige Level 10 = 25% exp increase in awarded exp per action/kill

Incentive's for those who already achieved 99's and decided to prestige them shouldn't be forced to gain the same exp every tier of prestige really. Make it worth the effort to push for 200M, and as far as reaching prestige level 10 and getting 99 in that skill, prestige exp should NOT be awarded after reaching 99. A skill should only be able to be prestiged up to 200M xp right? ok. Good.
Runescape Player since 2007

Ultimate Construction Update! - QFC: 74-75-76-65876528
- Go Read It and Comment Away!
Player Owned Kingdoms Update! - QFC: 74-75-440-66076908
- Opinions Needed!

20-Mar-2014 18:02:31 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2014 18:05:11 by Ketsujo

Ketsujo
Nov Member 2022

Ketsujo

Posts: 1,979 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still say that XP should be boosted if we're going to prestige our skills.
I also feel that we should have access to new items, monsters, and combat abilities for pushing for 200M.

GIVE us a reason to want to prestige...
Runescape Player since 2007

Ultimate Construction Update! - QFC: 74-75-76-65876528
- Go Read It and Comment Away!
Player Owned Kingdoms Update! - QFC: 74-75-440-66076908
- Opinions Needed!

28-Mar-2014 02:42:36

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top