Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Ragnarzk

Ragnarzk

Posts: 164 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They should make it to when you prestige you get slightly "stronger" than your previous set of leveling. So prestige 2 on the strength skill would be like.. .05 % stronger than prestige 1 players corresponding to the level that's prestiged, etc.

31-Mar-2014 02:27:24

Lysium
Jul Member 2012

Lysium

Posts: 4,703 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still think prestige should be implemented into the game, with perhaps an increase in xp gain after prestiging.

If level 100+ content would to be added, this xp boost could be removed obviously.

Master capes stay with 104m lifetime xp.

Prestiging dungeoneering might be at level 120, since there is content past 99, but I can't really decide for that as I do not know how long 120 takes, compared to reached level 99 for the first time.
Owner of Ellie, Shrimpy & KBD pet! :D

04-Apr-2014 23:19:32

John Stewart

John Stewart

Posts: 517 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wish Jagex made Runescape 3 a new game instead of just doing a graphical update. Made a totally separate game like Old school runescape is.

It seems jagex is trying to milk this game to the max. When people are reaching max level and max xp in a skill then that should be a sign that the game is coming to an end.

Very dissapointed in the direction this game is heading. Like many others I will probably give transformers a chance when it is released but I hope to god it isn't as terribly ran as this game is. Please to god no micro-transactions that change the game.

11-Apr-2014 17:47:31

Mariva

Mariva

Posts: 401 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alexander V said :
Mod Crow said :
Alexander V said :
Many thanks for the opportunity to allow us to vote. I voted 'no' simply because I have invested so much of my time already into this game, and don't have the time to do it all over again.

The aim of Prestige was to make it entirely optional as to whether you choose to do it again and also give you the option to just 'switch back' to your stats if you got tired of re-levelling them. You wouldn't have been forced into doing it or locked into training again if you chose to do so.

I appreciate that, I really do. And for a while I was indifferent as to whether Prestige was added to the game. 'Yes' — players wouldn't be forced to do it, but it would naturally pressure players into competing and spending more time training skills they had already spent countless hours training, simply to avoid having their current achievements diminished.

I fear that the Prestige system would encourage (whether intentional or not) unhealthy and excessive gameplay . Perhaps a better solution would be to increase levels to 120 and add new content to the existing skills instead of just encouraging players to accumulate unreasonable amounts of experience with the same content again and again.

Making people level their skills back to 99 takes probably less gameplay than leveling everything to 120.
So I don't really get the logic in that statement

-Mariva

01-May-2014 20:40:02 - Last edited on 01-May-2014 20:41:57 by Mariva

Dark Scale64

Dark Scale64

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My name is Jack, and I'm posting off my brothers account into one of the community forum pages to hopefully seek the hand I acquire from the Runescape community.

I played Runescape in my early childhood days, playing with friends, family and always striving to stay ahead in skill levels to be the best. I was a frequent player for two years before assuring my parents that memberships are safe and I wouldn't get scammed from such a popular and reliable company as Jagex, this was supported with receiving my 6 month membership later that month. From this period I played the game without hesitation and I was quite upset when i realized my membership had ended. I left of from where i had begun, pushing to level all my skills to the highest I could before moving onto another. I logged into Varok, a popular city and well known for the fire making at the East bank and the efficient east and west mines for easy banking access. Although i was using this location to level my rune crafting via the earth altar which was located north-east of Varok at this point in the game. It was the next thing which astounded me.

I logged into my account after having dinner, shocked to see a permanent ban issued to me for macroing. I was quick to react to this claim and aimed to resolve this issue as quickly as possible however being 14 years of age and my punctuation and grammar lacking specificity, did not read well looking back on it. Essentially wasting an appeal. Now three years down the track I aim to obtain my account, by posting in forums and telling my story in ambition to pull someones attention.

I believe I was issued the ban as I had just finished my membership, entering F2P. I cannot think of any other explanation. Perhaps a JMod noticed me and alerted Jagex or issued the ban there and then?

I would be appreciative if the community in particularly a JMod could assist me in my claim to retrieve my account.

Yours Sincerely Jack.

Account details heathy3033

09-May-2014 08:43:13

Alioth
Apr Member 2011

Alioth

Posts: 3,303 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I voted yes for this although there is something im wondering...

Lets just say I reset my runecrafte level because runespan made 77 to 99 far to quick and easy, Would the exp I get from the second time around leveling also still be counted for my main runecraft stat towards getting 120 cape?

I get the feeling that its a stupid question and the answer is already there but ive some how missed it...

R
ykros...

D
arkness Is Not Always
E
vil...
Just Often
M
isunderstood
By
O
thers...