Forums

Solomon's Sale

Quick find code: 294-295-286-65175640

Troacctid

Troacctid

Posts: 2,057 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I mean, when the loyalty program was first released, the discounts were there from day 1. So that we could...you know, use the update.

If you didn't want us buying the new items until this week, why would the update not just be delayed until this week?

24-Sep-2013 10:48:23

Mental ET
Oct Member 2023

Mental ET

Posts: 513 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My math may be off, but when I look at alot of the the item costs, I only seem to get 10% discount on runecoin items, instead of at least 20%. Is that a bug or am I just misinterpretating the newspost info given?

(ie: cleaver of tutsaroth was 162, now for 146, Shock eye staff was 146, now 131)

If it's a bug, please look into that, jagex.

24-Sep-2013 12:28:57

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I learned after spending my Runecoins right when I got them with gold membership to wait for a sale. I have been saving my loyalty points since the last sale and I am glad I waited, I got a lot of outfits and emotes and some titles and an aura on sale, including the Gnome Air Teleport.

Tomorrow I should get a few more loyalty points from Super September and I might get a few more outfits or something.
Hi.

24-Sep-2013 12:45:25

Rsrirr
Apr Member 2023

Rsrirr

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i saw the sale i was hoping to get the water dance emote (since we know packs will never be on sale) because i had been 10 coins off FOREVER and i didnt wanna buy coins for only 10. i check the sale and saw it was 75 coins. i only have 73. even when im 2 coins away im not buying. i hate you

24-Sep-2013 12:46:44

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
My math may be off, but when I look at alot of the the item costs, I only seem to get 10% discount on runecoin items, instead of at least 20%. Is that a bug or am I just misinterpretating the newspost info given?

(ie: cleaver of tutsaroth was 162, now for 146, Shock eye staff was 146, now 131)

If I am correct, you see the members discount prices automatically which are lower, and if you went on a F2P account you would see higher prices than you do as a member, so since there is already 10% off, adding another 10% off shows you the 146 price, and brings it to 20% off. I could be mistaken but I think that is right.
Hi.

24-Sep-2013 12:52:35

Mental ET
Oct Member 2023

Mental ET

Posts: 513 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

If I am correct, you see the members discount prices automatically which are lower, and if you went on a F2P account you would see higher prices than you do as a member, so since there is already 10% off, adding another 10% off shows you the 146 price, and brings it to 20% off. I could be mistaken but I think that is right.

Ah ty, forgot all about the 10% member discount.

24-Sep-2013 13:03:56

Tifir
Jul Member 2023

Tifir

Posts: 6,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cutting Loyalty point prices: Good, and should be permanent.
Sale in general: A failure. Loyalty points are hard to obtain. People who used their points before this just got scr3wed. Also, there's nothing in the store to buy with loyalty points other than what originally could be bought in the loyalty store plus like 5% of the items in Solomon's, all of which being the items almost nobody cares about.

More importantly, this is yet ANOTHER promotion, and even worse, you chose to implement this first instead of the new dwarf quest.
I shouldn't expect you to frequently make content take a backseat to promotions, but you guys do it all the time.
Slayer masks could have been a slayer monster drop, a ton of cosmetics on the Squeal could have been from various activities...
I could keep going on.
Many players, myself included, knew you'd do this when you implemented the first of your microtransactions through buyable spins.

24-Sep-2013 13:19:46 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2013 13:26:28 by Tifir

Quick find code: 294-295-286-65175640 Back to Top