Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
=/' ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

27-Aug-2013 17:05:39

Mod Michelle

Mod Michelle

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Just answering a few more repeating themes:

The notice needed to be translated, and this takes time. Players may therefore have already been aware of the delay. In regards to players already being aware, an official notification was still needed due to the banner giving a specific date. If you were already aware before the news post, that's good, the news post was for those who weren't aware.

There was no official announcement on social media of the delay as far as I'm aware. I can't speak for other JMods but I only mentioned there would be an announcement later in the day (this news post).

Everyone is disappointed with a delay, developers don't like having to do it, but it is better to push the content back a day or so than to launch and have things go wrong.
~The
Mod
Michelle
~

27-Aug-2013 17:06:08

Sg Randall
Aug Member 2007

Sg Randall

Posts: 4,482 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No update this week? *rage quits*.

EDIT: Can you tell us what the problem is? Or is it just a matter of someone leaning too much on the delete key?

EDIT2: This better be worth the wait.
Why so serious ?
;)

? ?
Help me!

27-Aug-2013 17:06:51 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 16:24:54 by Sg Randall

Xerdge

Xerdge

Posts: 2,852 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Some people on here really need to calm down.

It's not the fact the update was delayed, its just a stupid MTS waste of an update week, update. That years back would of been the "in other news..." update.

It's the fact Jagex can't efficiently communicate, the fact they tried to hide their mistakes instead of simply posting on the forums "Update delayed, we had an issue, sorry! Look forward to it tomorrow!"

It's irritating, its been going on for WAY TO LONG. Their player base if falling away because of it, yea last year was their most profitable because of MTS.. but eventually there wont be enough players to spend money on the MTS.

Jagex needs to get their priority's straight, and most players who have been here for years are really getting tired of waiting for that to happen.

I don't think its too much to ask of a company, to simply act professional.

+1

When was the last time a Jagex Mod posted Player Fixes which they used to do and now they have not posted on that thread in a year ?. When was the last time a Jagex mod posted on a random thread they read and it was more than just saying. " I cant wait for this update "

Jagex says its getting feedback.. But from who ?

Well from what I understand they fired 10 CS mod's last month, and another 10 got the axe this month. So maybe we shouldn't of taken the "Oh I love pizza" post from Jmods on a serious thread, for granted. As it probably wont get better than that anytime soon.

27-Aug-2013 17:07:23

Furvi

Furvi

Posts: 1,889 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That 'delay the final update of the month to push it into next month to cut down on the content in total we need to make' thing is no longer some paranoid coincidence. If it happens again with this month, I'll have one less step taken towards removing my card for recurring payments.

27-Aug-2013 17:07:44

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,410 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the line goes in the movie Grown Ups 2 ...

Say whaaaaa!

But yea, better it to be late and sure of things then to be on time and with possible troubles.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can rent you paradise. | Currently training Necromancy for Max cape, when does this skill get fun?
Checking Papayas on OSRS, currently 93 Farming.

27-Aug-2013 17:08:45 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 17:09:55 by Raldrineorth

Nickit
Sep Member 2009

Nickit

Posts: 1,248 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan - not a promise - that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready."

They put this at the bottom of every BTS, some of you people need to learn how to read.

27-Aug-2013 17:09:32

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top