Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

blackphat ro
Sep Member 2023

blackphat ro

Posts: 962 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
The upcoming merger of the Members Loyalty Programme and Solomon's General Store has been temporarily postponed due to some last minute hiccups.

We anticipate that the delay will only last for a day or so. We will strive to deliver this exciting new service to you as soon as we have ironed out a few kinks in the system.

If you'd like to find out more about the forthcoming merge of the Members Loyalty Programme into Solomon's General Store you can <a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/Members_Loyalty_Programme#FAQs_for_Future_Changes">read our FAQ</a>.

The upcoming merger? It was meant to be out already by the time this was posted.

Meanwhile, EOC was broken when that came out, and that didn't stop Jagex.

Priorities. All wrong.

28-Aug-2013 11:37:20 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 11:38:26 by blackphat ro

blackphat ro
Sep Member 2023

blackphat ro

Posts: 962 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Owner/CEO/President/Whoever: OK sales and customer support teams, we're going to be having an event next Tuesday that many customers will be attending during which we will introduce them to some new products and some upgrades to the customer loyalty program. We will definitely have all of our program and product information available for you to distribute to customers by Tuesday, so make absolutely sure that you display the advertising materials for this event around our stores and related retailers.

*Tuesday, opening time*
Sales person: No, sir i'm sorry we actually have absolutely no information regarding the new products or program as of yet. I can't really tell you much more because i don't know.

*Tuesday, many hours later towards the end of the one-day event*
Sales person: Attention all customers - due to unexpected difficulties in the new products and program, this event will be postponed temporarily for probably about a day or so maybe. We will notify you via our website for when the event will be rescheduled.

Dr. Vector: You guys do business kinda similar to another company I can think of, which is to say your way of doing business is terrible and whoever's responsible should be out of a job for doing so.

^ LIKE

28-Aug-2013 11:44:05

Grey Petrel

Grey Petrel

Posts: 656 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wonder if the kink in the system was blind panic setting in that they may lose money over this

Jagex is in a difficult position although player numbers are falling they are still making money through selling Squal spins and Soloman store. However they also need to retain players better than they are at present.

If the loyality bonuses are too good they will lose money because people will spend less at the store.

If the loyality bonuses are poor they have less chance of retaining their veteran players

I wonder if there is some last minute head scratching over this. Player numbers are continuing to fall so they better get it right.

28-Aug-2013 12:04:26 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 12:05:27 by Grey Petrel

Purge
Aug Member 2002

Purge

Posts: 2,737 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All of this discussion boils down to one simple thing: Jagex should NEVER announce specific release dates... EVER. If Jagex had said that this update was going to be released sometime in August or early September for instance then none of the players would have anything to complain about.

That simple sentence would have saved Jagex from looking bad and the players raging because Jagex wouldn't have made the mistake of announcing a release date 2 weeks in advance and then failing to actually release with no initial explanation.

That’s free advice Jagex, I hope you take it...

28-Aug-2013 12:19:08

Danke Minaj

Danke Minaj

Posts: 871 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All of this discussion boils down to one simple thing: Jagex should NEVER announce specific release dates... EVER. If Jagex had said that this update was going to be released sometime in August or early September for instance then none of the players would have anything to complain about.

That simple sentence would have saved Jagex from looking bad and the players raging because Jagex wouldn't have made the mistake of announcing a release date 2 weeks in advance and then failing to actually release with no initial explanation.

I'm afraid non-specific release dates are also not the way to go with Jagex. I give you "two new skills in early 2013" as an example.

28-Aug-2013 12:41:33

Li Xia

Li Xia

Posts: 692 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

What he Said...

were de fufu is the update... son of a chimp!

Cr#p, should of known... n whos fault exactly is it that player rates are dropping, if in fact that is true...
~Catch fire~

28-Aug-2013 12:44:31 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 12:47:32 by Li Xia

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top