Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Furvi

Furvi

Posts: 1,889 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Taiyoukouen -

I'm more amused at the fact that every second/third post out of all the pages isn't complaining about the fact that it was postponed. They're; in reality, complaining about the amazing handling of letting us know . You tell me why it took them hours upon hours to relay us (ALL of us, not some friend chat nonsense) a message about it.

Hours upon hours after they had already removed time stamped banners. Doing so early on it's pretty simple to draw a conclusion that they knew by removing these that they more than likely weren't going to be able to deliver an update today. Even when the update goes live, they would typically keep around or at least alter those banners to get more attention drawn towards the update.

How hard would it have been to post a quick sticky? The incredible details in the post surely couldn't have been something that drew out the time in which it was posted. I mean, three incredibly small paragraphs? WOW!

Sure they let us know; that I cannot doubt. But all these people enabling such awful handling of a situation such as this one isn't going to be good for us in the long run. It doesn't matter what the update is - whether it'll change the whole game or is something as small as a series of patches. What matters is talking to us and not treating us like some money-dispensing robot.

28-Aug-2013 01:04:28

Orcrist9
Oct Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,183 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I wasn't expecting this, I am not at all surprised that this update was delayed. I am not so concerned with the delay (that is understandable, take the time you need to have it presented correctly) as much as I am the lack of appropriate correspondence.

Jagex, from the very words of your own CEO, Mark Gerhard, you made a company vow, a promise to improve Jagex's relationship with the community and, more specifically, communication with the community. However, what we got instead was bits and pieces of information being posted by Jagex moderators on social networking sites versus the official website where most people read their official news.

In fact, in the recent website poll asking players how they preferred to obtain their Runescape news, the vast majority responded by saying "the Mainpage," but, strangely following after that post, we've seen an increase in information spews on social networking sites.

I also find the whole "we had to translate to other languages" argument to be incredibly sketchy. Excuse my insight, but it honestly doesn't take hours to translate what you posted into five other languages when you have people specifically hired to do so (the fact that you cater to people of six languages is evidence of that alone).

Jagex, if you want to improve your relationship and communication with the players then here's a few tips for you:

1. Post official information the Mainpage
2. Post official information in a quick and pithy manner
3. Avoid using social networking before the official website
4. Only use social networking for minor correspondence with players

Follow those four basic tips and you should do pretty fine. Remember Jagex, you have a wonderfully large website, use it and don't waste it on social networking.

To anyone who is incapable of reading with comprehension: I don't care about the delay, I only care about the communication.

Regards,

Orcrist9
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

28-Aug-2013 01:35:09 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 01:38:02 by Orcrist9

NZ Sheeps
Dec Member 2018

NZ Sheeps

Posts: 10,342 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
This is not even close to WoW... If you don't like it then just leave... No one asked for your opinion... People are tired of hearing that this game changed... I honestly think it is a good change and so does 50k+ people who play it now

You mean the 35k who are playing it now - the other 15k are playing Old School.

What does it say when one third of the membership base prefers a 6 year old version over the current one?

28-Aug-2013 01:39:50 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2013 01:40:44 by NZ Sheeps

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top