Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Orcrist9
Oct Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,183 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
This is not even close to WoW... If you don't like it then just leave... No one asked for your opinion... People are tired of hearing that this game changed... I honestly think it is a good change and so does 50k+ people who play it now

You mean the 35k who are playing it now - the other 15k are playing Old School.

What does it say when one third of the membership base prefers a 6 year old version over the current one?

To both of you: the "number of people now playing" in no way shape or form accurately highlights or reflects the literal number of individuals who play, which game version they play or whether or not they're a member.
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

28-Aug-2013 01:43:56

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You mean the 35k who are playing it now - the other 15k are playing Old School.

What does it say when one third of the membership base prefers a 6 year old version over the current one?

As someone who has recently started playing OSRS regularly, it might not hold as negative a connotation as you may think.

I still enjoy the current game. There have been some changes and updates that I haven't been a fan of but, in totality, it is still very enjoyable to me and I plan to continue playing it as I always have.

The reason I have started playing OSRS isn't that I'm displeased with the current game. It's more than I can appreciate them both as vastly different games with the same premise, both enjoyable in their own ways. I've obviously enjoyed RuneScape through the ages as I've been playing for over a decade, so it's no surprise that I would enjoy OSRS - And it's not just the old gameplay that makes it enjoyable for me, but the fact that I get to play through all the old quests and content again in the same context I first experienced them in.

But just the same, I enjoy the current version of RuneScape because it's a new way of playing an old game. It has its flaws, but no more than OSRS; both versions have their kinks and those come with respective charm.

The point I'm trying to make is that just because a large amount of players are playing OSRS, that doesn't mean that they prefer it to the current version. I'm sure that's the case for a portion of them, maybe even the majority, but it's certainly not the entirety.

28-Aug-2013 01:55:49

SuperDood
Jun Member 2022

SuperDood

Posts: 212 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To both of you: the "number of people now playing" in no way shape or form accurately highlights or reflects the literal number of individuals who play, which game version they play or whether or not they're a member.

^This^

Many people have jobs, school, multiple accounts etc. The Current Online count represents a very small fraction of the actual gaming community as a whole

28-Aug-2013 02:03:22

Lil Red 101
Aug Member 2021

Lil Red 101

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The upcoming merger of the Members Loyalty Programme and Solomon's General Store has been temporarily postponed due to some last minute hiccups.

Meanwhile at Jagex HQ:

JMod 1 : "How's the loyalty programme merger coming on?"
JMod 2 : "Why are you asking me? You were doing it..... weren't you?"
JMod 1 : "Oh sh......"

^the highlight of my reading through 40 pages, made it all worth it.

But anyway I'm seeing a few groups of people here:

1. People who are upset at lack of communication (which I believe was most of the complaints I read)
2. People who were let down by the delay, but aren't complaining because everyone wants a nice product.
3. People who rant at the first group but claim they are just mad at the delay of the update. (which was stated over and over again that that's not why they are complaining)
4. Trolls who just bash on anything.
5. People who are trying to provide feedback to help fix the overall attitudes of the community.

I can't say I disagree with the first group of players, since the large banner on the first page, the BTS, and the opening message in my chat box whenever I logged in, I was expecting this to be ready. I believe it would have been better if they sent an announcement that said it would be delayed first thing here, the second they discovered a problem, I don't think too many people would be raging. Everyone would probably still be disappointed but hey, after 2 weeks of reminders it was going to be the 27th, who wouldn't?

It just seems like this could have been handled better, not just the posting onto the home page either. If an update will need more than 2 weeks, don't go announcing a release date if you're not sure it will make it. Hell, give yourselves more time for an update, make sure it's done and make sure it's tested three days before you plan to release.
(1/2)

28-Aug-2013 02:09:49

Savior

Savior

Posts: 523 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Too bad :( I've been looking forward to this for a while, but I guess it's better to do something fully instead of releasing a unfinished product.

Edit: Second post! Wooho!

Now if they had only done that with Eoc =/

28-Aug-2013 02:12:41

Lil Red 101
Aug Member 2021

Lil Red 101

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you plan it out that way, your users won't really know that there might have been a delay to an update because you already saw and solved it, and in return they are happy with a finished update that was released when you said it would be.

I know it's not a promise as so many have posted the bottom on the forum before, but when you throw a date in everyone's faces for WEEKS and then don't deliver you really just don't look like you cared to use the time you had.

Well that's just my take on everything, if you disagree you disagree. Doesn't really have anything to do with ME, since skipping over a post isn't hard. :P I'll be awaiting the update, hopefully it'll be wonderful and flawless. And maybe you've added in new colors.

(2/2)

28-Aug-2013 02:14:05

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top