Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Evil_J35u5

Evil_J35u5

Posts: 471 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The amount of vitriol here is amazing.

Yes, they should have posted about it here first. However, whoever posted it to the social media may have been reading the delay as only a couple hours and not a full-blown scrub for the day.

I can understand the extra care taken with this one, as it directly ties in with payment systems. As such, any small bug there could result in a massive headache to the tune of costing thousands of dollars in chargebacks, man hours, processing fees, etc. I'm not saying this is the case, but had this been released and the issue was something that allowed a rogue agent to illegally conduct transactions using your payment information, one of the top complaints would be that it was released too soon.

Chillax guys.

27-Aug-2013 18:22:02

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My problem with the delay in posting this thread is that I read about a J mod saying the update was not going to happen today
three
hours before this thread appeared. If he knew that there was a problem then why couldn't a simple "sorry the update has to be delayed" been posted officially at the same time? I also heard that something was posted on Twitter a long time before on the official forums.
That is what irritates me. Outside sites getting information before the game's own site.

27-Aug-2013 18:22:31

Amaretto
Dec Member 2015

Amaretto

Posts: 763 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Although I understand it is best to withhold an update until further notice if it is not ready, that does not stop me from being extremely disappointed. I was beyond thrilled to find this announcement..last week..? And specifically got on at the designated time to check this merge out!

I just think that if there is any doubt in your minds, any possibility that more time will be needed...It would be best to announce that it will be finished in ten days, rather than a week. EVEN IF it gets finished in a week, at least players will not have any disappointment resulted in delays. Perhaps it would be better to have updates finished earlier, with the update coming out on the assigned day.

27-Aug-2013 18:22:35

Prime_Numb3r

Prime_Numb3r

Posts: 89 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
It feels like Jagex will postpone anything that doesn't benefit them directly...Hope they won't push the release date to next week.

How does delaying an update connected to microtransactions benefits Jagex? If anything, they want to make money ASAP and this slows the process.

27-Aug-2013 18:22:36

Wacky Farmer
Jul Member 2007

Wacky Farmer

Posts: 21,926 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is no pleasing us. It seems like all of the mature adults have left the game and we are left with a bunch of spoiled 12 year olds. Jagex releases a bugged update people whine about how they need to test their &^&^ before release. Jagex delays an update because they have discovered bugs on release date. What is it RS community: Do you want Jagex to release bugged content or not? I, personally prefer them to release updates when ready.

For those complaining about the Divination late release, Mods Hew and Ana did not start working on the skill until after The World Wakes.

yet new skill feels like took 1 week to make i really hope 2nd skill make div more usefull
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

27-Aug-2013 18:23:45

Recursion93
Apr Member 2005

Recursion93

Posts: 3,452 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm absolutely appalled with this community - Nothing will please it, ever.

You complain at Jagex for releasing updates before they are ready, and now that they've actually delayed one to ensure that it is fully functional, you're complaining.

Thank you for delaying the update if it isn't ready - as personally I'd prefer perfected content as opposed to a partially-functioning one.

Subzero

The Cold One
Leader of Incursione

I would suggest reading why the majority of us are annoyed, it's not because it's been delayed, or even because of the delay after stating it'll be released today... but it's the fact it took till 17:00 n the day to tell us that it's being delayed, that is pathetic & poor community communication, before posting please read next time, thanks.

As far a I know a full working day ranges from 08:00/09:00 - 17:00 hours. Which means they had until about 16:30 to get things fixed up and ready for release today. When that time is reached, that is the time to inform the community about it.

But yes, they could indeed have let us known that they had to possibly postpone the update. So we could have taken it into account.

27-Aug-2013 18:24:36

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It feels like Jagex will postpone anything that doesn't benefit them directly...Hope they won't push the release date to next week.

How does delaying an update connected to microtransactions benefits Jagex? If anything, they want to make money ASAP and this slows the process.

hahaha exactly. +1

27-Aug-2013 18:25:02

Evil_J35u5

Evil_J35u5

Posts: 471 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for letting us know, and the first page just goes to show you that people will complain about anything. I mean seriously guys, complaining about not receiving this news post 2 hours earlier is stupid.

They probably had to do the following before making that post:
1. Notice the hiccup.
2. Alert the higher ups to the hiccup.
3. Attempt to diagnose the hiccup.
4. Attempt to fix the hiccup.
5. When they realize after an hour that it would not be fixed within release time they probably called a meeting.
6. After said meeting they finally made this post.

This I agree with. These Community management and Development J-Mods cannot just immediately post and say something won't be released - it has to be run by the higher management after attempts to fix it.

Subzero

The Cold One
Leader of Incursione

Didn't see this before, but this is spot on.

27-Aug-2013 18:26:03

Recursion93
Apr Member 2005

Recursion93

Posts: 3,452 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

hahaha exactly. +1

Reputation perhaps?

27-Aug-2013 18:26:20

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top