Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
technically its been a while postponed now, a merge was promised about a week after the loyalty program was releeced but they changed their mind and bring up the topic recently again.

Could you provide a source for this claim? I pay pretty clear attention to the FAQ's and JMod responses and, from what I remember, they said something along the lines of "We may explore the option of allowing SGS items to be purchased with loyalty points in the future, but there are no such plans at this time ."

It's no secret that much of the Jagex staff was against SoF and SGS to begin with, and have long wanted to provide a way of using both services without the use of RuneCoins. It's the upper management who decided to incorporate cash shops into the game and Jagex staff has been fighting them every step of the way. The fact that this merger is happening at all is a testament to the wills of Jagex staff, and I'm honestly surprised they managed to get the greenlight. With that said, they never made any promises of a merger because it was very much a matter of staff vs management, with management having final say.

27-Aug-2013 22:33:34

OneForAll8th
Apr Member 2020

OneForAll8th

Posts: 528 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@DarkJamzi
I'm border line quitting anyway, Jagex, and the community as a whole has been severely lack luster for some time now. It's not a matter of I'm trying to 'flame' them, just the fact they've been awful with player communication and posting important information on their, ya know, home page for ages now.

You can call me, or any other player who feels irritated by this a whiner all you like. But that wont change the fact that they're nothing like they used to be, and care mainly about micro transactions along with putting out updates that CLEARLY have far to many issues, giving more then enough reason that they should of waited, or never made said update in the first place.

As for the community, yeah, if it ever goes back to being as it was maybe around 09-11 if even that late well then I'll be surprised. But yes, it must be absurd for me to feel this way.
"I've got a few screws loose, but I'm a l'Cie, same as you."

27-Aug-2013 22:35:50 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 22:36:52 by OneForAll8th

Ambroscus

Ambroscus

Posts: 443 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If memory serves, the loyalty system itself was released on the 28th of its respective month/year, so in a way it's rather fitting (assuming it is released tomorrow, that is.)

27-Aug-2013 22:37:55 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 22:39:08 by Ambroscus

Poseidon986
Nov Member 2021

Poseidon986

Posts: 251 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really hope it won't be delayed on Wednesday..

if it is my guess gonna be in next bts

I said this early in this thread, they are pretty much delaying it for first week release next month and save a week's worth of updating, it's really that obvious when something like this happens at the end of a month.

"Hey guys we got you some cool features coming up on day X!"

Day X arrives

"Oh snap, sorry guys, the cool features are now being delayed with no ETA but i'll throw a little bone of hope and say it will come tommorow (i'm doubting it will)"

Me & some other players:
"Jagex trolling 2 da max!"

They say they caught some issues that are forcing it to be delayed, you know, everyone and their mother can make an excuse nowadays to avoid most things and they did awfull this time. Posting a message that it's getting delayed without giving any info on what's going on and being late to giving said warning pretty much shows how much they care what we think.

Also i'm not raging, i'm trolling a trolling company that should know better what to do with their customers, because every story has an end, just need to figure when "The End" sign actually hits their heads and it's gameover for the leftover community. Also said story has been derailed way off-path and has lost the light a couple of times, so it's deep in the dark, trying to see the light once again, and we, the community know how they just keep sinking themselves into the darkness even more rather than getting out of it and step into the light and slowly recover the old-self they once used to be.

If someone's getting blamed for this WALL OF TEXT, it should be zamorak200hp. That guy bored me to death to the point of making me comment stuff like this.

27-Aug-2013 22:40:54

Acer

Acer

Posts: 2,108 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You see, this was actually very literal. the last minute hiccups were from Mod Mark. He was crying so hard at the fact he would be making less money from Soloman's store he had an uncontrollable hiccup fit.

luls :O

27-Aug-2013 22:42:57

Turbolntegra

Turbolntegra

Posts: 121 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i for one am getting very aggravated.... i was 2 days away from receiving 11k loyalty points and then the shop got closed down and because of the whole thing being shut down it has now been about a week and a half that i am overdue these loyalty points.... its frustrating, i was counting on those points to get my penance aura, but no who know when i will get it.... why was there a stop put on receiving the points as per usual just because the shop is "temporarily closed" meanwhile we can still purchase what is there....

27-Aug-2013 23:02:47

Kentt
Dec Member 2023

Kentt

Posts: 12,115 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bit hard not to laugh at the players who are getting angry. This is a bonus, and in no way hurts you or your account if it takes an extra day.

Besides, not like this would be the first time there was an update on Wednesday or Thursday, right?
Viking Clan Founder

27-Aug-2013 23:05:39

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top