Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

AI-lslam

AI-lslam

Posts: 3,955 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan - not a promise - that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready.
This is a dying game. Everything about it is just gaining XP and levels for a stupid cape, it's not about the unlocks. The skills are broken, combat system is dull and repetitive. And the MTX...lol.

27-Aug-2013 23:06:14

Flack41940
Oct Member 2023

Flack41940

Posts: 211 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
You guys complain when they release things with bugs, and now you complain when they're postponing to fix those bugs before they release it.

*sigh*

Sigh is the least of it, my friend.. /facedesk

27-Aug-2013 23:09:50

Keltrick
Dec Member 2019

Keltrick

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol the amount of rage surrounding this delay of (mainly) access to cosmetic items is really quite amusing and interesting. Just goes to show how what a smart business decision was to add Solomons.
Even the people who wouldn't pay to get the stuff are craving it enough to rage about a days delay. This, despite the outward pretense of disdain many have probably shown in the past towards those who bought these cosmetics.

You clearly haven't read any of the posts on this particular forum, please, we don't need anymore ignorance here than necessary.

27-Aug-2013 23:28:11

Babalom
Jun Member 2015

Babalom

Posts: 1,762 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People complain when things are released and they contain issues.
People complain when things are delayed to fix issues.
People complain simply because they like to complain.

I greatly prefer the delayed release, because I would much rather wait a few extra days for a superior product. Jagex clearly states that they reserve the right to change release dates (re: disclaimer at the bottom of BTS articles).

If you are demanding a perfect product on time, every time, and have no experience with software development, you're not familiar with the difficulty and complexity that is programming. If you have experience with software development and you're still complaining, you're out of touch with reality. Bugs occur when you write code. Plain and simple.

Keep doing your thing Jagex, plenty of us understand the effort you're putting in.

27-Aug-2013 23:34:06

ricky roma
Mar Member 2011

ricky roma

Posts: 206 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To be honest, I am quite happy about this.
Not that it got postponed, but that Jagex realized it wasn't ready. They have a history of releasing unfinished updates, and I'm glad they decided to wait until it was 100% ready.

27-Aug-2013 23:37:48

Lux Obscura

Lux Obscura

Posts: 2,531 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex is a joke. Im just about done with this game. Nothing is EVER done when its scheduled to be.

Okay. Bye. You won't be missed.

Players who complain that updates should not be released until they are ready, but then complain that they should be released on time, regardless of being ready or not, should not pollute the game with their hypocrisy.

People just want a reason to hate Jagex, no matter how completely stupid it is.

27-Aug-2013 23:38:52

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top