Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Aug-2013 20:25:09

Peloreus

Peloreus

Posts: 55 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Why the hell did it take you so long just to post this?

You don't get my thanks.
You said two hours ago that information is coming and you never had the decency to tell us it was delayed then. TWO HOURS WITHOUT ANYTHING.

Why do you treat us like this? Who is the higher up that decided to keep us in the dark.

It's bloody disgusting that we're being treated like this.

Oh my bloody f**ing god! O_o Waiting two hours or even a day to see some new cosmetic gear is mistreatment? You've obviously never seen real mistreatment, because this is really nothing major. I really hope you're trolling. lol :D

PS: Someone higher up keeping us in the
dark!?
Don't you think that's a tad bit cynical?

27-Aug-2013 20:25:43

Venoxulous

Venoxulous

Posts: 1,591 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's hilarious seeing all the people posting about how greedy the community is.

I'm sorry, but what? Jagex isn't a charity. I don't play RuneScape for free because Jagex is a kind spirited game lover. I pay them money each month, and when you give money to a business, you generally expect results.

If I ordered a new couch, and they told me that it would be delivered on Monday, sent me e-mails and told me "Be ready Monday, your couch is coming." and then told me Monday at 5pm that "Oops, sorry, we don't know when you can get it." I'd get a refund.

I don't see why so many of you act like Jagex doesn't owe the players anything, because they do. They owe me AT THE VERY LEAST, access to the game. And when said game goes down, it is their responsibility to inform me "Hey, we had some downtime, this is what happened, here's why it won't happen again."

Instead, this is the FIRST time I've seen Jagex post about an update being delayed. Maybe it's some massive coincidence that this update happens to be to Solomon's Store, I don't know.

What I do know is that communication like this is totally unacceptable, as a customer I expect that if you give me a date, you can follow through with it, and if you can't, you need to let me know why in a timely manner, and that follows for every update, not just the ones that put more money into your pockets.

Amen, Trevorghost. Amen.

Crack that whip TrevorGhost!!!

27-Aug-2013 20:26:51

OneForAll8th
Apr Member 2020

OneForAll8th

Posts: 528 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The point a lot of people are missing, Jagex is terrible with player communication. THAT'S why people are getting annoyed, it's been like that for so long now, and no changes have been seemed to be made or at least attempted.

For saying you respect your loyal players, it's a crock to be honest. Jagex has drastically gone down hill for some time now, it's obvious they don't listen to player feedback and are more interested in micro transactions. Though one of the biggest faults they've carried along for some time now, is how bad they've been at communicating with their players.

For any smart asses, no it's not 'Oh they can't message every single player.' obviously not, that's what they have AN ENTIRE SITE FOR, not these cheap excuses they post on like Facebook and Twitter. I know for a fact that not NEARLY enough people regularly check updates from Jagex on there, when something is down, or there's an delay to an update post it on the front page where 99% of the player population can see.

There's really a lot more I could say, but this isn't really the place for it. But what I'll leave off on is a question hopefully someone could answer. So, when does our year start? You know, the fabled promised year of the players. Also for the love of god, stop sticking up for them, they honestly don't deserve it. Though in all honesty even WHEN we players and whoever else point out their flaws, nothing ever comes of it.
"I've got a few screws loose, but I'm a l'Cie, same as you."

27-Aug-2013 20:31:58 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 20:34:43 by OneForAll8th

Faded Myths

Faded Myths

Posts: 3,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the FIRST time I've seen Jagex post about an update being delayed. Maybe it's some massive coincidence that this update happens to be to Solomon's Store, I don't know.

What I do know is that communication like this is totally unacceptable, as a customer I expect that if you give me a date, you can follow through with it, and if you can't, you need to let me know why in a timely manner, and that follows for every update, not just the ones that put more money into your pockets.

Firstly, the reason why this is the first time you've seen Jagex post about an update
being delayed is because, usually, they don't state a specific date. However, in the case of this update, they did state a date and so when that could not be met it was only right that they post a reasoning as to why.

And they did that, so I'm really not sure what your problem is? I'm as annoyed as anyone that this wasn't released today because I go away tomorrow on holiday for a week and now won't be able to try any of it out 'til I get back.

But there is no reason for me to make a fuss about it. It is coming this week, which is what really matters at the end of the day. It'll be here when I get back home.

All Jagex owe's you (in regards to this) is the update itself, which is happening. It isn't like the update is cancelled and never going to happen.

.*º•··«..„,„..»··•º*.
»
M
ÿ
Š î
g
l\lä†
µ®€
«

`•°*“ˆ˜´¨`˜ˆ”*°•´

27-Aug-2013 20:37:26 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 20:38:13 by Faded Myths

Kellz
Jul Member 2009

Kellz

Posts: 2,407 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So...what does this mean for me ?

My monthly points were set for tomorrow which would have tied in perfectly with the update being today, if you're postponing it does that mean I won't get the 'improved' loyalty amount tomorrow just the 15k again..?

It went from being a so-so update due to the bad prices to being a meh update completely, the only thing against the prices that kept me happy was hoping I would get some decent points tomorrow :(

My boyfriend says you likely weren't planning to give anybody increased points this month anyway to make it fair. I personally don't agree seeing as i'll have to wait a whole month now and some people will get their increased points within the next few days when it is their point day :P

~Kellz~

GTA5 September 17th

Queen of the Lost Kings
A Trimmed Comp wearing a Kellz

27-Aug-2013 20:42:06

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@DarkJamzi -

Of course I lost you. You name the players calling them out of their childish behavior as; themselves, children.

If you were trying to address some issue that prevented something from being implemented on its' release date, would you have taken matters into your own hands in the same manner they did?

I'm hoping by sucking up to them you are aware of what they did. It's one thing to make sure the update is prepared but when it comes to informing players about it they could not have handled it any worse.

They removed every single banner or notification signifying that the update would occur today nearly two hours prior to sending out a normal means of communication. They only removed those banners to save face. The last thing they wanted was to post this message and then have the vast majority of people point out their error with the date stamped banners.

Why it took two full hours if not more after doing so to properly inform players is beyond me. Their main excuse was 'translating' so that more people could understand. Translating what? A small paragraphs' bit of text? Since when does translation take that long? Is this the dark ages, where multi-linguists or even google translate don't exist?

They did not remove every single notification, it still says it when you want to go to the loyalty section:

Where has the Loyalty Programme gone?

The Loyalty Programme is currently undergoing improvements, and will be available again on 27 August 2013.

For assistance, you may visit our Support Centre.

And I never suck up to anyone, I just say it as it is. I ranted my fair share against Jagex, mostly about dungeoneering, but getting a bit sick of this community. Ranting is fine if there is a good enough reason, a communication not coming when YOU expect it, is absurd imo. ;)

27-Aug-2013 20:43:27

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top