Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Bacxaber

Bacxaber

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I think it's hilarious seeing all the people posting about how greedy the community is.

I'm sorry, but what? Jagex isn't a charity. I don't play RuneScape for free because Jagex is a kind spirited game lover. I pay them money each month, and when you give money to a business, you generally expect results.

If I ordered a new couch, and they told me that it would be delivered on Monday, sent me e-mails and told me "Be ready Monday, your couch is coming." and then told me Monday at 5pm that "Oops, sorry, we don't know when you can get it." I'd get a refund.

I don't see why so many of you act like Jagex doesn't owe the players anything, because they do. They owe me AT THE VERY LEAST, access to the game. And when said game goes down, it is their responsibility to inform me "Hey, we had some downtime, this is what happened, here's why it won't happen again."

Instead, this is the FIRST time I've seen Jagex post about an update being delayed. Maybe it's some massive coincidence that this update happens to be to Solomon's Store, I don't know.

What I do know is that communication like this is totally unacceptable, as a customer I expect that if you give me a date, you can follow through with it, and if you can't, you need to let me know why in a timely manner, and that follows for every update, not just the ones that put more money into your pockets.

Amen, Trevorghost. Amen.

27-Aug-2013 20:08:34

Obi Jango Jr

Obi Jango Jr

Posts: 2,212 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's hilarious seeing all the people posting about how greedy the community is.

I'm sorry, but what? Jagex isn't a charity. I don't play RuneScape for free because Jagex is a kind spirited game lover. I pay them money each month, and when you give money to a business, you generally expect results.

If I ordered a new couch, and they told me that it would be delivered on Monday, sent me e-mails and told me "Be ready Monday, your couch is coming." and then told me Monday at 5pm that "Oops, sorry, we don't know when you can get it." I'd get a refund.

I don't see why so many of you act like Jagex doesn't owe the players anything, because they do. They owe me AT THE VERY LEAST, access to the game. And when said game goes down, it is their responsibility to inform me "Hey, we had some downtime, this is what happened, here's why it won't happen again."

Instead, this is the FIRST time I've seen Jagex post about an update being delayed. Maybe it's some massive coincidence that this update happens to be to Solomon's Store, I don't know.

What I do know is that communication like this is totally unacceptable, as a customer I expect that if you give me a date, you can follow through with it, and if you can't, you need to let me know why in a timely manner, and that follows for every update, not just the ones that put more money into your pockets.

Amen, Trevorghost. Amen.

27-Aug-2013 20:12:15

NZ Sheeps
Dec Member 2018

NZ Sheeps

Posts: 10,342 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The upcoming merger of the Members Loyalty Programme and Solomon's General Store has been temporarily postponed due to some last minute hiccups.

Meanwhile at Jagex HQ:

JMod 1 : "How's the loyalty programme merger coming on?"
JMod 2 : "Why are you asking me? You were doing it..... weren't you?"
JMod 1 : "Oh sh......"

27-Aug-2013 20:23:44

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top