Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

C E I K

C E I K

Posts: 253 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm honestly ashamed to be a RuneScape player after reading through some of these forum posts. Guys, we may be the consumers, and we may be paying for membership, but designing a game is very difficult - in fact, trying to work out kinks in the programming is one of the most challenging aspects of working in the game design field. If there were a flaw in the update and they released it, it could have broken many other pieces of content.

Think back to the Vorago server-crashing debacle. We were all up in arms about that fiasco because that was a bug that, in all actuality, probably should've been caught before release. Well, now Jagex is taking steps to catch any bugs they can before release, and I for one am grateful for it. We can't yell at them for both sides of the same coin! Right now, they get yelled at if they release content that has a bug (because they released it too early) and they also get yelled at if they postpone content because it has a bug (because they released it too late). Pick a side, guys, but stick to it! Programming is not a simple science, and it requires many hours of work.

Just because we're the consumers doesn't mean we should feel entitled. In fact, nobody should ever feel entitled. It's just presumptuous! Perhaps they should've told us sooner about the delay - I won't necessarily disagree, myself - but worst case scenario, they made a simple mistake that we shouldn't give them hell for, and best case scenario they had a legitimate reason for not telling us sooner!

27-Aug-2013 19:59:35

LVXIII

LVXIII

Posts: 694 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for choosing a delay over releasing something buggy. It makes me anticipate it all the more. I'm really looking forward to this update. I just wish there was a way to keep Xuan around. :D

EDIT: Thank you Prinzak! It's about time someone worded this so well. I for one, would rather a delay, especially one so minor, over getting a buggy, faulty update. If any of you still play any of Zynga's many poorly constructed cash grabs, you know what I'm talking about. Farmville hasn't worked right EVER!

27-Aug-2013 19:59:46 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 20:05:35 by LVXIII

Trevorghost
Dec Member 2005

Trevorghost

Posts: 11,113 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's hilarious seeing all the people posting about how greedy the community is.

I'm sorry, but what? Jagex isn't a charity. I don't play RuneScape for free because Jagex is a kind spirited game lover. I pay them money each month, and when you give money to a business, you generally expect results.

If I ordered a new couch, and they told me that it would be delivered on Monday, sent me e-mails and told me "Be ready Monday, your couch is coming." and then told me Monday at 5pm that "Oops, sorry, we don't know when you can get it." I'd get a refund.

I don't see why so many of you act like Jagex doesn't owe the players anything, because they do. They owe me AT THE VERY LEAST, access to the game. And when said game goes down, it is their responsibility to inform me "Hey, we had some downtime, this is what happened, here's why it won't happen again."

Instead, this is the FIRST time I've seen Jagex post about an update being delayed. Maybe it's some massive coincidence that this update happens to be to Solomon's Store, I don't know.

What I do know is that communication like this is totally unacceptable, as a customer I expect that if you give me a date, you can follow through with it, and if you can't, you need to let me know why in a timely manner, and that follows for every update, not just the ones that put more money into your pockets.
Max Quest Points. Max Cool Points. Host of the Immensely Popular Lords of the Wait.

27-Aug-2013 20:00:52

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top