Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

AzazelSlayer

AzazelSlayer

Posts: 3,222 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Lol the amount of rage surrounding this delay of (mainly) access to cosmetic items is really quite amusing and interesting. Just goes to show how what a smart business decision was to add Solomons.
Even the people who wouldn't pay to get the stuff are craving it enough to rage about a days delay. This, despite the outward pretense of disdain many have probably shown in the past towards those who bought these cosmetics.

Except we are not raging about the update but about another issue of how long it took them to tell us about the delay.
Curse Combatants
Best Learning Pvm Clan in Rs, 2k Total, T85 Range or Mage weapon
Feel free to guest in our clan chat ! it is always open

27-Aug-2013 17:20:22

Shadow Elf

Shadow Elf

Posts: 3,601 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol the amount of rage surrounding this delay of (mainly) access to cosmetic items is really quite amusing and interesting. Just goes to show how what a smart business decision was to add Solomons.
Even the people who wouldn't pay to get the stuff are craving it enough to rage about a days delay. This, despite the outward pretense of disdain many have probably shown in the past towards those who bought these cosmetics.

Except we are not raging about the update but about another issue of how long it took them to tell us about the delay.

For this to matter so much it shows the huge level of anticipation, and so my statement stands.

27-Aug-2013 17:22:07

Dessyre777
Jan Member 2021

Dessyre777

Posts: 324 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Everyone is disappointed with a delay, developers don't like having to do it, but it is better to push the content back a day or so than to launch and have things go wrong."

As a company, People wanna know when/why/where and if there is a cost/refund as soon as possble,and they wont be happy but companys gives info at the moment as the problem is there and get
"Some"
info in time of when/why/where in that moment for some comfort.

Here is what you did today jagex "When: "Today errrr sometime, prehaps his week? No eta for a update wow? That has not happend everyday :O " "Why: "Bugs.." Yea understandeble" "Where: " Please wait whole day to get some info or look on our twitter page but there will be no eta"

27-Aug-2013 17:23:11 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 17:27:45 by Dessyre777

Wilmslow

Wilmslow

Posts: 4,614 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just answering a few more repeating themes:

There was no official announcement on social media of the delay as far as I'm aware. I can't speak for other JMods but I only mentioned there would be an announcement later in the day (this news post).

Everyone is disappointed with a delay, developers don't like having to do it, but it is better to push the content back a day or so than to launch and have things go wrong.

You admit mentioning outside of forums first. Why not mention it on the forum?

We are not disappointed with the launch delay that we understand, even the delay in information is reasonable IF it the information blackout had been respected by all mods including yourself on all methods of communication.

27-Aug-2013 17:24:14

AzazelSlayer

AzazelSlayer

Posts: 3,222 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

For this to matter so much it shows the huge level of anticipation, and so my statement stands.

I do not personally care about the update.. I just like rage about how Jagex is losing its player base because of lack of communication skills
Curse Combatants
Best Learning Pvm Clan in Rs, 2k Total, T85 Range or Mage weapon
Feel free to guest in our clan chat ! it is always open

27-Aug-2013 17:24:34

Shadow Elf

Shadow Elf

Posts: 3,601 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

I do not personally care about the update.. I just like rage about how Jagex is losing its player base because of lack of communication skills

ok ;)

27-Aug-2013 17:25:18

Nuke Yelps
Jan Member 2015

Nuke Yelps

Posts: 5,220 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

This. It's not the update that is causing my disappointment, but how dismal it's ability to communicate with the playerbase. They leave us in the dark too often for too long.

27-Aug-2013 17:27:44 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 17:29:15 by Nuke Yelps

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top