Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Furvi

Furvi

Posts: 1,889 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Weltall 2:

This is irrelevant considering Jagex has previously made update stickies noting the smallest of release timeframe hiccups. Oh, it'll be 20 minutes off what only we knew would be the exact time of release? Let's let the players know.

Why change that? Why go to the polar opposite of that and fail to deliver a simple 'bear with us' message regardless of the status of the update? They have even more people to help them with such simplistic and minute tasks.. it's not like telling a monkey to write Shakespeare.

Just because an update may or may not make its' targeted release date/time is absolutely no reason to go on absolute radio silence.

One of their first steps today was to remove the banners nothing a specific day. That means they knew they likely wouldn't reach their mark. What was stopping them from saying that then and there? Instead they waited until a couple hours after the fact then proceeded to post this.

27-Aug-2013 17:38:29

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Aug-2013 17:38:31

AzazelSlayer

AzazelSlayer

Posts: 3,222 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Everyone should calm down. Weekly updates to any software based product is no easy feat. In my experience working as an administrator in a software development firm, weekly updates either get delayed or pulled often as testing finishes up on a monday or tuesday morning in some cases and other documents are buttoned up. The lack of communication most likely originated from someone trying to either get an ETA on how long it would take to fix the bug and based on the ETA could the release still go or not.

They had to decide first if they were going to delay it before they could alert players that they would delay it. There is a thought process and methodolgy around this which takes time to complete. Likewise, they most likely have to speak to other departments and let them know what is going on so that the message we receive is clear, concise, and consistent.

The only irony I am finding about the complaints is that if this issue wasn't found then players would be raging becasue it wasn't found. I feel for Jagex because they are always between a rock and a hardplace. They can never do anything correctly or fast enough.

Sorry but that is not the problem here.. We are angry with the lack of communication not with the update itself. Do not make excuses for the company because they have lack of Communication skills
Curse Combatants
Best Learning Pvm Clan in Rs, 2k Total, T85 Range or Mage weapon
Feel free to guest in our clan chat ! it is always open

27-Aug-2013 17:39:07

Fiery Waters

Fiery Waters

Posts: 499 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I seem to recall another similar incidence from a few years ago..
What was it again?

Oh right..

'twas the time they said they'd release Bank Boosters into the Loyalty Shop in the 'coming weeks' and forgot about it forever!

#Gotta-Love-Dem-Jamflegex
#Customer-Relations-Done-Right (hours of not letting people know what happened ftw!)

27-Aug-2013 17:40:36

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the information. I just wish this thread had been posted a lot sooner. :|

Edit to add: ^ the free bank booster was available in Solomon's months ago. I claimed mine.

27-Aug-2013 17:41:13 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 17:42:22 by Megycal

Weltall 2
Sep Member 2017

Weltall 2

Posts: 2,208 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Fluff Fox

It's completely relevant as not every update is the same nor the process for every update the same. Some updates clearly can be done quickly with a small hickup. Some issues are not as easily identifable as other issues. One has to first take the time to understand how long it's going to take before it's pushed out. If one doesn't know if it will take 20 minutes or 1 day then it can't be said how long it's going to take. The fact is they probably didn't know exactually how long it was going to take in the 2 hours that nothing was said. They first have to figure it out before telling players what will happen.

Second, if they came out and said that they were having issues bear with them to then back that up later and scrub it altogether then the player based would be even more angry than they are now. The fact is, they took the right approach in first understanding how long it was going to take before making an announcement even if it took a couple hours to figure that out.

@The other guy who posted -100 something about lack of communication

As I have explained this post and my other, before communicating one must know what they are communicating about. Finding bugs takes time as every issue is different and every program has different complications. They had to take time to understand what they were dealing with then communicate that appropriately. It takes time and this time two hours was the time it took.

27-Aug-2013 17:46:41 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2013 17:49:16 by Weltall 2

Li Xia

Li Xia

Posts: 692 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[quote id=15-16-725-65133072-132-327329833]''Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month. This, however, is only a plan - not a promise - that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, [b][b][/b][/b][b][black]as we will never launch an update before it is ready.''[/black][/b][u][/u] exeactly the text i was looking for.... could anyone have missed this PART OF THE MESSAGE :) its true, its only a plan, never a promise... right, forgot that sorry ( in this case about the release date)
~Catch fire~

27-Aug-2013 17:48:53

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top