Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Furvi

Furvi

Posts: 1,889 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, just on a side note -

What do English players have to do with it?
Doesn't this website offer a option to toggle viewed languages?
And I'd assume you have multi-linguists that work for you that peruse the forums..

So again, why was a social networking side prioritized over your own?

If you care THAT much about Twitter or Facebook because they're the hip thing nowadays, just get rid of the RSOF. It never seems to be of any use to players anyway, and the obnoxious lack of community involvement when it comes to responses to players dilemmas are laughable.

Oh, a discussion thread posted by a JMod? Cool, I may be able to actually get an answer from one of th- Oh wait no, they just quote and respond to players who make the redundant comment about this JMod liking bananas. Wow oh wow.

27-Aug-2013 16:54:28

2   2 5
Nov Member 2003

2   2 5

Posts: 17,037 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow

If they release when they say they will and if even one insignificant but was found we would see nothing but #blahblahwasready and complaints how it was rushed. If they delay it, perhaps from finding a game breaking bug, we get rather childish rants about them not being able to fulfill their anticipated update date.

It's a delay of a day or so (maybe 2), it's not like they canceled it. Maybe jagex should have posted a sticky before hand along the lines of, "hey possible no update today", depending what they were attempting to do. Once it's released we can *all* go complain about how overpriced everything is.
Helpful Links: Forum Help | Account Help | BBcodes

2---2-5

27-Aug-2013 16:55:06

Xerdge

Xerdge

Posts: 2,852 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
So let me get this straight. An update that involves players spending more money via RWTing or membership gets a newspost because it's delayed for "a day or so".

Meanwhile, how many countless actual content updates like new skills, combat updates, quests, etc. have been delayed for weeks on end with no word as to why or when we'll actually get them?

Quality customer service Jagex. Only when money is involved do you care.

+1

Their communication skills irritate me so, so very much. It's a shame, for a such a great company, (And really they are, aside from communications and customer service) their downfall is ultimatly going to be just that, the ability to communicate in a timely, friendly, NOT LIES manner.

27-Aug-2013 16:55:58

Trevorghost
Dec Member 2005

Trevorghost

Posts: 11,113 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Some people on here really need to calm down.

Let the apologies come pouring in. I expect better from a company I support monthly with my money. Sure, it's not the most exciting update to me, but it's incredibly unprofessional to wait until the last day and then pull something like this.

And again, why can't they do this when an update that doesn't involve MTS is delayed?
Max Quest Points. Max Cool Points. Host of the Immensely Popular Lords of the Wait.

27-Aug-2013 16:56:09

TEEZKUT
Aug Member 2022

TEEZKUT

Posts: 1,722 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Michelle, where will Runefest news will be up?
It was sort of promised to come already LAST WEEK!

Thanks
8x Runefest attendee
|
Cosplayer
|
2014 GG, Sirenic
|
2015 GG, Malevolent
|
2016 GG, Nomad
|
Twitter: @Teezkut
|

27-Aug-2013 16:58:13

Dessyre777
Jan Member 2021

Dessyre777

Posts: 324 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whole day to message the players and no home page news? This is worse support than Age of conan online, may they never update but they atleast say somthing about it.

Relese this
"We cant be sorry"
attitude. All people make misstakes but some admit it and we can call it a day.

This is what they really say:

"The upcoming merger of the Members
*Loyalty*
Programme and Solomon's General Store has been temporarily postponed due to some last minute problem and bad communation between jagex staff.

We anticipate that the problem from our side will only last for ever or so. We will strive to deliver this exciting new bad support service to you as soon as possible.

If you'd like to find out more about the forthcoming merge of the Members
*Loyalty*
Programme into Solomon's General Store you can read our non existent answers on Runescape homepage and find them on twitter.

27-Aug-2013 16:58:33

Alliciat
Mar Member 2007

Alliciat

Posts: 861 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not surprised at this delay, or pleased, but would rather a delay than a big fail if added to soon! Better to iron out the wrinkles before going live. Wish this approach was used for ALL game updates/additions.

27-Aug-2013 16:58:50

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top