Forums

Super September is coming!

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882

Mewlii

Mewlii

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whew. Took me half an hour to read every post up to now. Guess it's time to throw in my two cents.

It's not a perfect event, no, but it's something new to do and for that I can't complain. I can understand some users are upset about the 'complete all 30 challenges'/'top 1k players' but I'm assuming the point of this Super Challenges Event is to be challenging . Of course it's unfair that people have work/school/etc but that's just how the cookie crumbles. You have to work for this event and its top rewards. You're not having EXP/rewards flung at your face from hither and yon.

I guess my overall suggestion for future monthly events like these would be to give us a warning a month in advance so people that do have jobs (school kids, you should be focusing on your education, not games! ;) ) can make any arrangements if need be.

31-Aug-2013 07:39:18

War tortoise
Sep Member 2011

War tortoise

Posts: 9,487 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
In a way it's like a kick in the teeth. This is one the better updates and up there amongst some of the nicest rewards, but from the 3rd September to the 10th, I'll be away on holiday. So it feels like a kick in the backside. With no internet access and a holiday being a holiday, is there no way to obtain these without having to come the whole 30 days of September?

You guys may reply go on Runescape on your holiday, but who does that? :/

I do.

Also I have college, but I will NOT MISS ANY DAY OF THIS EVENT EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!
Lost Woods numba 1, (NOT EE, Those scrubs are liars ;p)

*~War Tortoise

31-Aug-2013 07:57:17

Love panduhh

Love panduhh

Posts: 379 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You guys sure do complain a lot, everyone who has work or school can you not alteast put in 1 hour of your day? Come on now people. This is awesome! looking forward to getting the guild suit! Please change the loyalty points to a Large lamp!

31-Aug-2013 08:26:33

Way oHammer
Dec Member 2023

Way oHammer

Posts: 212 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I support 3 main suggestions here because I find it extremely unfair to make an event for all paying customers but limit some rewards to those players that have more time to play.

1) Daily Challenges
Why make the challenges only last 1 day? Make them stack up to 5 so everyone who has a job/private life/other duties outside of rs has a chance to benefit from this event as much as so called "no-lifers".

2) Golden Superhero Outfit
Why limit it to 1k players? This attitude of Yours is already spreading greed and jealousy before the event even started! I am not a big cosmetics collector but this outfit fits (and I bet not only) my taste very well and I really would like to get it as well as many other players. Tho I like the idea of competing I don't like to compete over things.

3) Loyalty Points
Are You out of Your mind, Jagex? I am a member nonstop a long time before Loyalty Points even existed and when the number of Loyalty Points per month stopped at 15k Points I was somehow annoyed because You write on your homepage that the number of those points gained increases every consecutive month of membership paid. And now You want to give those points to those people only, that [as mentioned in 1)] due to personal circumstances have more time to clear daily challenges? This just doesn't fit in my opinion.

Where is the idea of anything can be obtained by everybody participating in Your events? To me this is 1 big unfairness and as You continue Your behaviour in this way somewhen the day will come when it's too much and I will just gladly quit RS (of course with a bitter taste of regret for having lost the game I once loved so much).

31-Aug-2013 09:44:28

Ruby 1

Ruby 1

Posts: 324 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not impressed and disappointed :( because i know that i won't be able to log in for 3 days during September because of rl commitments! So i will miss out on the Shield and the Golden outfit!
Please make it less days out of the 30 to recieve the golden outfit, or make it like the daily challenges where we still have 4 days before the 5th challenge drops from the list, that way i will have a chance to complete all 30 challenges.

31-Aug-2013 09:54:52 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2013 09:58:28 by Ruby 1

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Way oHammer

I agree it is very unfair and silly. But regarding the Golden outfit: It is no longer exclusive for the first 1000 player who do the challenges. It is now available to anyone does the 30 challenges.

You can read Mod Michelle posts in this thread by viewing her profile and search her specific posts in this thread.
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

31-Aug-2013 11:11:45

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882 Back to Top