Forums

Super September is coming!

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882

Lord Tharkon

Lord Tharkon

Posts: 3,122 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Blood, sweat and tears, reference to Andre Hazes? Just asking.

Before you ask, he was a Dutch singer and writer of the (in the Netherlands) well known song 'Bloed, zweet en tranen' (translated: Blood, sweat and tears).

Have fun

Seriously? It is a common proverb probably used thousands of times in various situations in multiple languages.
The entire world is bragging about cookies and Jagex doesn't even know how to use them.

02-Sep-2013 15:58:20

ConnorFromAC
May Member 2021

ConnorFromAC

Posts: 435 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This sucks... I love the event and wanted to take place. I was at work 9/1/2013 and read this event was going on from my phone. Then when I get home at 8:00 pm US Central Time.... I have the second day challenge already? ... :( I really wanted that gold superhero outfit... :(

02-Sep-2013 16:40:06

ConnorFromAC
May Member 2021

ConnorFromAC

Posts: 435 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Remember how Runescape is a Medieval Fantasy game? I do. So, why are you doing a "super hero" theme? It doesn't exactly fit. This is Runescape, not DC Universe Online. People who play Runescape are kind of interested in knights, rangers, mages, dragons, etc. and not flamboyant men and women flying around in gaudy rubber outfits with tights and overly flashy accessories. That's not to say they can't be, but the general draw of the game is the medieval fantasy aspect.

I wish there was a "Like" button...

02-Sep-2013 16:44:17

Poseidon986
Nov Member 2021

Poseidon986

Posts: 251 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This sucks... I love the event and wanted to take place. I was at work 9/1/2013 and read this event was going on from my phone. Then when I get home at 8:00 pm US Central Time.... I have the second day challenge already? ... :( I really wanted that gold superhero outfit... :(

How the hell do you expect to win something like that while having a busy life?

There are thousands of no lifers on runescape who would stand in front of you to get the goodies, get real. Someone with a life should know that work comes first and it consumes alot of time, gaming can come after but you can hardly compete with anybody else that plays 24/7.

While i think this event is good, i do think it's awfully planned when it comes to that, all the kids who sit in front of the monitor 24/7 have much higher chances of being in the top 1k, people like you and me, who work for a living and have like 5-6 hours free time a day, can't compete with people like that.

02-Sep-2013 17:11:57

Dark Barra
Feb Member 2022

Dark Barra

Posts: 1,347 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having "no life" is not a prerequisite for this event. The challenges only take 10 minutes a day to complete. Nobody is so busy that they don't have 10 minutes to spare.

Obviously Day 2 started by 8 pm. This is because the world does not run on U.S. time.

Advance notice regarding this event was given out before it started, if people were following the news they had ample opportunity to prepare for it. We were even told what the Day 1 challenge would be ahead of time. Come on.

02-Sep-2013 17:28:03

Suterusu
Mar Member 2023

Suterusu

Posts: 731 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does anyone think this could have been promoted a bit sooner?

I missed out on the first day because no one told me on Sunday that it had happened. So because of that lack of foresight I'm cancelled out from the daily challenges top reward, Just because I didn't know about it.

I'm Annoyed about this. Not alot I can do about it. I'll accept that but It wont stop me being annoyed at jagex for not promoting it in due time.

Edit one: Spotted an error with my own grammar.

02-Sep-2013 18:24:44 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2013 18:27:20 by Suterusu

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882 Back to Top