RSOF & FANSITES

Quick find code: 278-279-973-65848713

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JMOD TIDBIT

MOD MARK, JAGEX & 'PROJECT' FXP

Mod Mark met with Mr. Daniel Zeichner MP to discuss 'project' FXP. Sounds mysterious doesn't it? FXP, Future Experience Points is a computer game concept & development competition for school and college students ages 14-19 years & a whole lot more.

The following will provide a bit of additional information on FXP. You will also find below a news article published February 24, 2017 in The Blog by CW (Cambridge Wireless) about the FXP 2017 Festival competition where Mod Mark explains why it is important for Jagex to support initiatives like FXP.

Mod Mark Twitter

FXP

The Blog By CW (Cambridge Wireless)

[END]
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

15-Mar-2017 06:48:57

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING...

WRONG IMPRESSIONS

INNUENDO

Some people are saying that some of the content on the Jagex Official Jmods on Twitter feed this past weekend looked like clips for an upcoming movie. Silly me, I had to ask the name of the movie. I was told it was titled (quote) Ice Mountain - you don't go there to fish (quote). I'm like wait, what?

I go to the twitter feed, have a peek & was like okay. It did appear that there were a few tweets that could be considered containing a bit of innuendo but this wasn't the first time content that appeared to contain innuendo has been posted to official twitter accounts. Tbh, though, I still really wasn't getting the movie title reference. Well, that was until I used google.

Constructive Criticism

This only goes to show that if something is tweeted out on an official company twitter account that appears to contain innuendo, folks may form a wrong impression about it even if it was completely innocent. They will talk about it & not in a flattering way either but rather in a way that is offensive. They will most definitely tell others about.

I have to wonder what kind of impression would someone from the outside, for instance like someone judging the companies social media content would walk away with after looking at content that appears to be tainted by innuendo on the official company twitter account feed?

The disclaimer that accompanies the current company twitter feeds that goes something like this, 'views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else' does not negate the fact that the person who is expressing these views is a representative of the company on an official account. What is posted to an official company twitter account reflects on the company & the brand.

continued...

15-Mar-2017 17:31:14

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

It is also worthwhile to mention that it appears that the Jagex advertising campaigns do not appear to target those users who fall within the 18+ age group but rather those users that fall within the 8 to 18 age group.

Not everyone who plays RS falls within the 18 - 30 age group either nor would everyone that falls within that age group share the same values either since the RS community is a global community. Ignoring this fact only serves to damage the brand & its reputation.

Innuendo has no place on the forums & that should be, by common sense extend to the official company twitter accounts too.

POLITICS

It is also a bit surprising to see that under the banner of a retweet political preference appear to be finding there way onto the official company twitter accounts too. As mentioned, RuneScape is a game that is played by a global community so by that fact alone not everyone would share the same political views. Even people who live in the same geographical area do not share the same political views.

Politics or political views has no place on the forums & that should be, by common sense extend to the official company twitter accounts too.

As noted within this very forum there is a thread that is currently discussing if politics should be allowed to be discussed on RSOF.

A political section? by Krista, QFC 278-279-727-65885952

Please be sure to visit that thread to express your views on this topic there.

SOLUTION

Why not just post RS stuff to the official company twitter accounts since you can hardly go wrong there & leave the other personal stuff to a personal twitter account. That would be a viable solution to not giving anyone a wrong impression that reflects badly on the company & the brand.

15-Mar-2017 17:32:37

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

TWITTER

THE GREAT JAGEX BAKE-OFF

The Jmods put on their aprons & got busy baking to create a variety of baked goodies for The Great Jagex Bake-Off. The proceeds raised from The Great Jagex Bake-Off will go to charity. The charity was not specified. The following images are of some of the goodies that were included in the bake-off. [1]

Who says cake ain't cool?

Mod Vegard's contribution to yesterday's Great Jagex Bake-Off.

[1] Post updated to include tweet posted on 23 Mar 2017

22-Mar-2017 23:50:08 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2017 21:07:22 by Windsofnight

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

TWITTER

WHTdeHECK? !

The evening appeared to start off nicely...

and then just a few hours later...

Will check the twitter feed tomorrow...you know....just in case Mod Jenesis should of called the popo... :P

24-Mar-2017 01:58:47

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

JMOD TIDBIT

FORUM FEEDBACK

REDDIT

Reddit - On the way to 5/6 months now. How long do YOU think it will take to get forum changes? submitted 1 day ago - (21)

OP:

A:

[END]

Reference:

Forum Feedback by Mod Kalaya 04-Nov-2016 16:04:50 Qfc 278-279-885-65848148 Thread locked 11-Nov-2016 15:43:53 - 39 pages (388 posts) of feedback

[END]

There have been a few threads on RSOF about this subject too. The following thread includes some JMOD TIDBITS on the subject. The second thread, by the same author posted in Febuary of this year did not capture any gold replies.

RSOF

1. So... forum changes, Kalaya? by Simply Peter 23-Nov-2016 15:59:04 Qfc 278-279-990-65853739 Thread locked 29-Nov-2016 16:31:17

[END]

2. how are those forum changes? by Simply Peter 05-Feb-2017 05:42:53 Qfc 278-279-102-65877360 Thread locked 05-Feb-2017 14:28:22

Some people are saying...

That there was a similar type thread referencing the Forum Feedback thread by Mod Kalaya posted in the HLF recently too which captured some gold replies. Those golden replies according to what some people are saying were along the same lines as what has already been posted in the regular forums & on Reddit on this subject.

Conclusion:

This tends to indicate that even though the original thread asking for feedback is working its way to page 50 it is still on the minds of the community.

28-Mar-2017 19:24:53 - Last edited on 28-Mar-2017 20:00:24 by Windsofnight

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

FORUM FEEDBACK

Commentary

Constructive Criticism

As noted, the last gold reply on this topic made this month tends to indicate that the message that is being communicated mirrors the same message that was given four months ago in November 2016.

As it stands it is no wonder by reviewing the comments made to these threads that some folks feel that there is a real disconnect between the CM team & the community.

It also appears that the overall consensus based on the comments posted on these threads appears to be that threads like the Forum Feedback thread are meant to appease the community rather than to seriously take on board feedback from the community that will improve not only the forum but the relationship between the community & the CM team.

It is not very hard to understand the train of thought that there is a disconnect between the community & the CM team since the Forum Feedback thread just happened to be posted right after there had been a number of whining little hit pieces posted on Reddit discussing how bad the forums are & how it should be shut down, that the Fmods are awful & the Jmods are lazy & don't know what they are doing. This is referenced in the OP of this thread.

Another factor appears to be the disregard of the feedback that does not address forum functionality but rather feedback that addresses easy fixes & things that the CM team can address. Surely it doesn't take months on end to come to an consensus about addressing those areas does it? Aren't those areas that fall within the realm of the CM responsibilities?

28-Mar-2017 19:28:15 - Last edited on 28-Mar-2017 20:01:38 by Windsofnight

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Solution

What is so hard about posting a list of areas that are currently under consideration for change based on the feedback the community had provided back in November of 2016 that has nothing to do with forum functionality? After all it was indicated that a page & one half worth of notes were compiled based on that feedback. Isn't communication with the community a key component of CM job?

What is so hard about asking the Web team to post a list of areas that are currently under consideration for change based on the feedback the community had expressed back in November 2016 on forum functionality? It should go without saying that to indicate that a meeting was just held some four months after the feedback had been posted to discuss that feedback doesn't help matters much either.

Surely none of these changes are top secret are they? To indicate that communicating this type of information is unlikely until those changes are released only serves to exacerbate the notion that folks have that there is a real disconnect between the community & the CM team too. Indicating that finding time to address these issues in ones 'spare time' really doesn't help matters much either.

Perhaps this all boils down to a case of mistaken impressions. Perhaps the community is under the mistaken impression that dealing with these types of issues & communicating with the community about their feedback does not really fall within the boundaries & duties of the job.

28-Mar-2017 19:28:44 - Last edited on 28-Mar-2017 20:02:23 by Windsofnight

Quick find code: 278-279-973-65848713 Back to Top