Quick find code: 278-279-973-65848713

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^

1. Read the OP

2. Follow the discussion taking place.

4. RSOF threads as well as Reddit threads are spotlighted here. Tweets are also spotlighted.

3. If you have issues with the content of this thread please report it to the Forum Help thread, Qfc 254-255-526-65726662

I hope this helps. Thanks.
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

15-Dec-2016 13:32:05

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Windsofnight said :
^

1. Read the OP

2. Follow the discussion taking place.

4. RSOF threads as well as Reddit threads are spotlighted here. Tweets are also spotlighted.

3. If you have issues with the content of this thread please report it to the Forum Help thread, Qfc 254-255-526-65726662

I hope this helps. Thanks.
Don't give me that Windsofnight, what this thread was about was '
Not only does it appear that maybe RSOF gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Jmod support but it it also appears that maybe the majority of the Official Jagex Approved Fansites do too!
', Jagex giving more attention / action to Reddit and less or no attention to The RSOF.
Why I did say what I said is that you are advertising other Players threads in The RSOF that have nothing to do with 'where Jagex is paying attention to'. You yourself are dragging your subject way off topic and it already isn't about Jagex anymore, about Jagex not paying attention to The RSOF. Anyway, it's your own thread so you yourself are entitled to do what you wanna do yourself but you are inconsistent if you may ask me.

15-Dec-2016 23:53:03

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

As mentioned previously, if you have issues with the content of this thread or any other post that I make on RSOF , then please post those concerns to the Forum Help thread, Qfc 254-255-526-65726662. Thanks.

16-Dec-2016 01:22:03

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Posts: 8,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have you got a tl;dr for this thread?

Also, are there any JMods responses in this? if so, link em.

I personally find it funny how we one or a few players from RSOF who browse reddit then like to chat rubbish about it on forums. It's fine if you dont like how it works there, or what goes on there. But remember, RSOF is always held to higher standards in terms of what can and cannot be posted there. Lets try to make sure we are not "attacking other groups of players" now, eh.

16-Dec-2016 02:49:12

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Posts: 8,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, I 100% agree with Mod Balance. The time spent on each is appropriate.

Its definitely wise for Jagex to spend time where the action is happening and where the community actually is.

Also, to be honest, is it really even that necessary to have JMod interaction? The purpose for talking platforms is simply to discuss with each other. The fact that JMods are involved is just a bonus the way I see it. Jagex is probably one of the more community-involved companies that I've seen.

Furthermore, the JMod activity on RSOF has been better than just before Balance arrived.

If you really need JMod activity to have fun on the forums, then maybe you're not using them properly?

In terms of information etc, then yes I guess they should try to post info on both platforms as close together in time as possible, but don't they do this more often than not?

Personally, I'm fine with how it is.

16-Dec-2016 02:58:49

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS PLOX

Is it a official Jagex led social media site, 'cause all the other click the button links go to Jagex led pages on those social media platforms or is it a Jagex Official Approved Fansite?

RuneScape Website Home Page

On the RuneScape Websites Home Page, down at the bottom right hand corner is a section called "FOLLOW US". It contains the recognized logos for Facebook, Twitter, You Tube & Google+. Clicking on those buttons takes you to the Offical Jagex led social media pages on those platforms. All well & good right?

Reddit is also included in this click on the button lineup.

As a matter of fact it is the first button listed for you to click on!

You might be wondering when did Jagex make a Offical Jagex led subreddit? They didn't.

Clicking the Reddit logo button takes you to the r/runescape page, which, btw, is not an Offical Jagex led page on that platform but is, according to Jagex, an Official Jagex Approved Fansite.

Okay Jagex, so besides following you on every social media platform that you have a official Jagex led page on I have to follow you on an Offical Jagex Approved Fansite too?!

#rukiddingme

#getrrunescapeoffofthehomepage

16-Dec-2016 16:52:59

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

'I personally find it funny how we one or a few players from RSOF who browse reddit then like to chat rubbish about it on forums. It's fine if you dont like how it works there, or what goes on there. But remember, RSOF is always held to higher standards in terms of what can and cannot be posted there. Lets try to make sure we are not "attacking other groups of players" now, eh.'

--

'...browse reddit & then like to chat rubbish about it (reddit) on RSOF? 'Lets try to make sure we are not "attacking other groups of players" now, eh.'

Wait, what? My bad, but lol.

Did you read the OP? If you did, perhaps you may have missed the citation that accompanies part of the OP. The citation is to a number of Reddit threads. Those threads haven't disappeared from the internet so you can still read the content of them.

There is also a Reddit thread referenced on 9.4 that sings a very similar tune as those referenced Reddit threads do too.

Perhaps you missed this thread on Reddit that was posted around the same time as the thread mentioned on 9.4:

Reddit: Looks like Someone doesn't like Reddit. submitted 20 days ago - 80 comments, where the OP is an image of one of the RSOF Fmod teams forum avatar that identifies who he is even with his user name poorly painted out.

These examples are not unique type threads or one off type threads that pop up every once in awhile on Reddit either. It is common place to see these types of threads posted to Reddit all of the time.

Who is talking rubbish about who?

It's not me, nor is it anyone else that is posting on RSOF that is discussing the imbalance between the support given to Reddit vs. the support given to RSOF.

Nor is any one posting whining little hit pieces on RSOF about Reddit that mirror the content of the above mentioned Reddit threads either.

17-Dec-2016 01:24:52

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

AS DEEP DRINKETH THE GOOSE AS THE GANDER (1546, Heywood)

"attacking other groups of players"

REDDIT

8. Do not target a single player/user.

Posts that involve a highly publicised event will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Censor the name(s) of the users you wish to give example of otherwise the post will be removed.

Referenced Reddit Threads (Post 18.8 ):

Yet,

Our RSOF Fmods Forum Avatar images are posted all the time on Reddit. Those images readily identify who they are, it is not like they change their forum avatars on a daily basis.

Our RSOF Fmods are also targeted by name on Reddit.

In addition, the RSOF community has also been targeted on Reddit for the simple fact that we use RSOF. Single player/users are also targeted on Reddit. RS Jmods are also targeted too.

No one or group is exempt from being targeted on Reddit.

So, yes RSOF does indeed hold to a higher standard. However, if you feel that the content of this thread somehow falls into the realm of "attacking other groups of players" then please feel free to post those concerns on the Forum Help thread, qfc 254-255-526-65726662.

---

RE: 18.6

Fair enough, if you are happy with the way things are that is great. :D

17-Dec-2016 01:26:22

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Although I am not posting on this thread to any effect, I am following it with great interest. As I am sure are many others.

Thanks, Winds.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

17-Dec-2016 13:17:51 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2016 13:18:24 by FiFi LaFeles

Quick find code: 278-279-973-65848713 Back to Top