Forums

Your first Forum experience?

Quick find code: 278-279-801-65500073

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, you finally decided to start using the RuneScape Forums...

What was your first Forum interaction and how was it?

What was the first thing about the Forums that you noticed? A bunch of details, some particular feature... Perhaps there was something you liked/disliked right away?

Additional questions for more experienced Forums visitors: What hooked you, what made you a regular forumer? What was your best moment on the Forums?

New Forum users' replies are especially welcome :)
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

23-Jan-2014 19:00:33

1042 Hit K0

1042 Hit K0

Posts: 1,629 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I first used the forums it was initially for a clan I was in at the time and they asked me to go onto the forums to check out events and fill out an application to get things going. It was pretty confusing at first but I ended up moving into other sections of the forums and have been using them actively while playing RuneScape.

I just began becoming interested in getting involved and posting feedback for content I wish to see in the future or recent updates concerning the game. It's also fun to just post around and see what's going on and such. I don't really have a favorite memory, though.
"See-Anne"

23-Jan-2014 19:02:41 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2014 19:04:53 by 1042 Hit K0

Jeremy C
Jun Member 2008

Jeremy C

Posts: 15,525 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I actually went to the Account Help forum asking a question regarding the reporting system. During my endeavor, I started posting on threads while waiting for a response to mine and from that day forward my forum activity just took off.
Jeremy C

23-Jan-2014 19:06:09

Loggy

Loggy

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,505 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Many years back I discovered forum games, though I probably only made 10-20 posts there before moving on.

A few weeks later I got some firelighters from a clue scroll, and (not knowing they were untradeable) created a thread asking what they were worth, and felt rather silly after I got one reply :(

Years later I got into lurking Game Feedback and continued through its assorted namechanges, making very few posts in the process. It's only in the last couple of years that I've actually got into posting heavily, though I'm not really sure why I started.

23-Jan-2014 19:06:26

VIP Tom
Feb
fmod Member

VIP Tom

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,042 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I started in the Recent Game Update forum and haven't moved out since! It is like my 'home' forum. I used to love looking in the forum when the "System Update" counter in-game appeared as the news posts would usually appear on here first, before they appeared on the homepage. I then started to ask questions about updates and compiled a few questions on somebody's thread about an update and that is kind of how my thread started (and still goes on today, over 3 years later!).

Your first experiences of anything are always the most memorable and it's always good to reflect back on them as they can usually bring a smile. :P

Tom

23-Jan-2014 19:09:34

An Ur

An Ur

Posts: 16,116 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I first used the forums years ago to post suggestions on how to make bank tabs (back then there was just one line) and nothing else. When i got back on RS araund 2011 i mostly used it for lurking, and making ocasional post on a thead i saw nobady anwsering. Or i fealt that i chould make a better anwser on it.

Then the EoC wars started...

We do not speak of the battles fought here, but i mostly tried to chill out people and not making #rage posts as much as i chould. Durring that time prety much every thead was EoC battles, and not many bothered to anwser questions that get posted on the forums every day so i decided to fill in the gap. :)

I use the forums now mostly to chat in the lounges, post suggestions and lurk for help theads. I sometimes start or participate in a forum skirmish, but mostly try to stop them now. :P

Original message details are unavailable.
How does one contact a ninja?
I don't know what to put here.

23-Jan-2014 19:13:32

Kentt

Kentt

Posts: 12,115 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think my very first forum post was in the "Old" Rants forum actually.

Don't worry, I wasn't raging about anything - I posted in response to another post I found to be extremely humourous (I think it was the "Onion Man Attacks! thread).
Viking Clan Founder

23-Jan-2014 19:20:32

2   2 5
Nov Member 2003

2   2 5

Posts: 17,037 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't remember a great deal of why I ventured to the forums but I do remember using it early on supporting and creating threads relating to how underpowered magic was at the time (ancient spells were not a thing) and various issues related to an even more melee centered game. It was great to see so many players who had also felt magic (and range) be more viable combat styles.

The forums have changed so much since I started using them and were more obscure than today. One thing that annoyed me was that spaces in one name did not display as they currently do. My name would have displayed as 2 2 5 instead of 2---2-5. What made this matter worse was there happened to be player who's name was 2 2 5 (hiscores no longer shows such a player), and while this player never did post, it had potential to be rather aggravating should they have. The naming issue also lead to a number of accusations when some would attempt to look my skill up. Eventually It lead to a very long lived thread, once having the title of being the oldest thread on the forums, that might have lead to spaces finally displaying correctly in names.

Back then, massive threads were possible...the 2k limit was non existent.
Helpful Links: Forum Help | Account Help | BBcodes

2---2-5

23-Jan-2014 19:27:40 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2014 19:32:05 by 2   2 5

Quick find code: 278-279-801-65500073 Back to Top