Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Zylnari
Nov Member 2023

Zylnari

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would it be possible to get some clarification regarding what falls under the reportable offense "solicitation"? While the official RS wiki states that asking for a boyfriend or girlfriend in-game is considered solicitation, it does not elaborate further.

I've seen many players in-game or on other RS-related communities accuse beggars (especially the noticeably wealthy ones) of soliciting, which makes sense under some definitions for solicitation (that being making a request for money).

So, what does solicitation cover? Is it simply asking for a girlfriend/boyfriend or is there more to it?

10-Dec-2015 12:10:42 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2015 12:13:38 by Zylnari

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Yusou Bhoroi said :
I must have just been unlucky with my choice of threads.
Did those threads happen to be in the "Existing Game Content" section?

Some were, some were in NGC-S, FGU, Ninja & RGU. There was one in the Minigame section, too..

Think I had bad luck with comming accross them, but it was a bit saddening, when 2/3 of the first 20 or so threads I looked at, either contained swearing/filter bypassing, or involved bullying/namecalling.

Ik I tend to have a low threshold for what I consider to be rude/offensive, but that's mostly down to having seen how badly hurt folks can get from what others consider to be 'normal'. I'm also a user of another large forum where I've never once seen anything rude (unless you count accidental mistranslations), so am well aware forums can function without it (and large groups of people, from different backgrounds, can, too).

10-Dec-2015 16:31:01

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zylnari said :
Would it be possible to get some clarification regarding what falls under the reportable offense "solicitation"? While the official RS wiki states that asking for a boyfriend or girlfriend in-game is considered solicitation, it does not elaborate further.

I've seen many players in-game or on other RS-related communities accuse beggars (especially the noticeably wealthy ones) of soliciting, which makes sense under some definitions for solicitation (that being making a request for money).

So, what does solicitation cover? Is it simply asking for a girlfriend/boyfriend or is there more to it?

I believe it is down to context (bear in mind Mods have little to go by, when checking reports).

Generally, it is confined to the things stated in the rules (otherwise the whole teamwork, clan recruitment, trading, minigame, quest help and even just chat threads, as the solicit responses, would be disallowed), though I have known of one person getting muted for soliciting with begging, this may have come as an action on their disruptive behaviour (they only mentioned somone had said they reported them for soliciting, but having seen what they were doing, it could have counted as disruptive).

Everything else soliciting-related has been to do with asming for (off-site) contact details, or the bf/gf thing.

10-Dec-2015 16:38:05

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"An open thread like this put the fmods in a very difficult situation, as fmod policies are for fmods' eyes only - hence the public cannot propose amendments to something they don't know."

LOL

13-Dec-2015 11:04:15

Dryflyer

Dryflyer

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is this the correct section of the forum to ask about difficulties in logging into my account ? I can obviously login to the website since I can create a post, yet I cant go into my account settings or message board. It simply acts as though my ******** was never entered. I'm looking for assistance.

19-Dec-2015 19:55:27

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dryflyer said :
Is this the correct section of the forum to ask about difficulties in logging into my account ? I can obviously login to the website since I can create a post, yet I cant go into my account settings or message board. It simply acts as though my ******** was never entered. I'm looking for assistance.
I think the Tech Support section might be a better place.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada