Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kinda sad to see this thread not really being used much any more. There seems to be a lot of discussion on The Forum Improvements Thread currently that could well be happening here instead. Makes me feel a little guilty that what I personally consider to be an obsolete thread that is no longer able to fulfil its original function (apart from as a reference for the Web Devs, which needn't be on the public forums at all), seems to be detracting from this thread which was designed for such discussion in the first place.

Anyway, didn't really come here to moan, just voicing my thoughts after having read through the recent FIT posts. What I came here to do was ask if anyone knows what that symbol means that shows particular gems or RS metal types when you hover over someone's name on the forums? My 'elitist' hackles are starting to rise! lol
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

06-May-2015 11:37:09

Hauk Solo
Dec Member 2023

Hauk Solo

Posts: 193 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These 'forum ranks' have confused me a little. I'm not surprised nor concerned about the fact that they have been introduced, but I do not understand the ranking system at all.

Does it go through the metals and then into gems? It is rather strange.

06-May-2015 21:59:52

Treemaid

Treemaid

Sookie Lala said :
Well at least its only seen when you mouse over the avatar, I am pretty sure they were going to have it next to the avatar somewhere but changed it due to feedback before they implemented it.
I guess, looking on the bright side, though it would have been brighter if they'd not implemented that at all in my opinion.

Hauk Solo said :
These 'forum ranks' have confused me a little. I'm not surprised nor concerned about the fact that they have been introduced, but I do not understand the ranking system at all.

Does it go through the metals and then into gems? It is rather strange.
Taking a look at some random players' post counts and symbols, it does look like they start with the metals and go on to the gems, but I agree, it's hardly obvious – though perhaps that's for the best! lol.

I wonder if there's a thread somewhere that explains it.

07-May-2015 12:49:17

Treemaid

Treemaid

Sookie Lala said :
Oh yeah, but apparently it will make the forums more active. Well, that was their reasoning anyways.

Well I'm sure the post count competitors will have a very active time in forum games whacking up their post counts for shiney new badges! lol

Let's hope the more widely spread spammers haven't caught onto this too, ay?

Quality>quantity

07-May-2015 17:27:57 - Last edited on 07-May-2015 17:32:09 by Treemaid

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Posts: 10,793 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the only way to have a suitable ranking system would be if there was a "support" button for posts and it was done by the number of supports really. A buttona ppreciating the quality of posts. All this will do is (as Treemaid states above) is increase Forum Games and potential spamming.

Though personally, I love the concept and idea for regular forum users and those who post things other than just games or spam.
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Miss Misty
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Owner - Montys Crusaders

07-May-2015 20:07:01

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top