Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm. Just having a 'thread reply ' or similar tooltip would be less misleading. With a 'reply to this post' tooltip on a button accessed from each person's post, it gives the impression that that post is the particular post on the thread that you would be replying to by clicking that button. Hmm, need to update my feedback on the 'new forums' feedback thread now! lol AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

22-Mar-2015 20:30:59

Cozmic

Cozmic

Posts: 16,435 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So here's a miscellaneous suggestion: when I click "quote" I wish that the quote would be added to the end of what I have typed in the "add reply" box, instead of replacing it. That way I could reply to two posts with quotes, without having to copy and paste the first one.

22-Mar-2015 20:39:32

Treemaid

Treemaid

Original message details are unavailable.
Hey all,

So I have setup a test branch in the office (christened 3.1) and in it I have re-added the "show in thread" button you have all been missing - apologies I just simply missed it when reading through the legacy code base.

We're going to look at a couple more features / fix a few more bugs based on your feedback so as always feel free to post it in the forums or tweet it to me and we'll consider any of it that is realistically achievable.

I know a lot of you were disappointed by the lack of changes to profile view. To cut a long story short the forums is a very old system that adding new features to is very fiddly (specifically anything that involves storage or vast searching of threads). This means methods such as profiling your favourite threads or adding a JMOD icon to threads where a JMOD has posted are very awkward to do. Whilst nothing is impossible we do have to balance our time with what is most beneficial to the business at the present time (something that Mod Rascasse probably has one of the hardest jobs doing). So please don't feel that we ignore your feedback we do make every effort to read and act on as much of it as we reasonably can :)

Hope this update brings a little more cheer to the community!

ps the JMOD spinning crown is still under debate ;)

Just posting this here for any who may have missed it. Disappointed at what was said about the customisation of our profile thread list, but not surprised. Looks like until the forums get their massive overhaul, that's something we're not going to see. And I doubt those who have the job of prioritising dev time are likely to ever see the forums as an area to prioritise, all the more so since the drift towards social media instead. We've waited years for the big forum update and I've finally got to admit that now I'm all out of hope.

Still, looking on the bright side, the little tweaks have been welcome non-the-less. :)
AKA: Arbr**** Vie

25-Mar-2015 20:36:16

Treemaid

Treemaid

Wilf said :
"Looks like until the forums get their massive overhaul, that's something we're not going to see."

Blind faith or a very optimistic person :P

That was optimistic? I'd hate to think what pessimistic is then. lol

And bye bye forum avatar. They're very quick to remove them nowdays! Used to be months and months - which for a change was a welcome oversight. ;)
AKA: Arbr**** Vie

27-Mar-2015 12:40:29

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Posts: 10,793 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for posting that Treemaid!

It is a shame the profile can't be customised more, but I feel it will always be the case. We can hardly complain with the amount of updates and changes brought about and how they listened to players so closely for the first time in ages. Usually Jagex driven with a little player input but this wasn't like that, so thank you! ^_^ Hopefully see more of that in the future *fingers crossed*

Finally back from Mexico and updated all the threads... still can't update my table of contents on the WIT though -.-
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Miss Misty
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Owner - Montys Crusaders

30-Apr-2015 02:49:53

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top