Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you do take it appart, I have a tip:

Put all the pieces (screws, et.cetera.) onto a tray, with them either labled, or in a set order; furthermore stick them down with bluetack or similar (though only in small ammounts and don't press them in, or you'll have to fiddle arround getting it out from between threads).

This greatly helps me, when taking appart electric equipment, though that's usually a bit larger, I still use it for PCs and laptops, as it avoids losing anything or accidentaly getting things caught on sleeves/up some helpful person's hoover.. or just muddling up when the tray is knocked, and keeping them on a tray is easier to move arround and access than bags, and you can have the lables easier to read all at once.

11-Feb-2014 17:42:09

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
D: -knows that feeling-

I once popped the casing on a very expensive mic system, and we had one of the inspection hatches open on the main ****ol at the time... it took hours to take things appart and look through all the gubbins to find the tiny components from the mic. ›.‹

I was trying to get the mic to attatch to an electric violin, and tripped over a very helpfull puppy.. I was in a pannic as to what was the most important ~ Mic, desk, dog, violin, et.cetera, and avoiding knocking over drinks and things which probably shouldn't have been there, either.. but that's life, I suppose. At least I didn't pop the dog. :D

How did the watchband end up?

11-Feb-2014 21:44:41 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2014 21:45:58 by Yusou Bhoroi

Treemaid

Treemaid

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yus, good tip about the screws, that!
I did try taking a few covers off, and hoovering what I could see, (which wasn't a great deal). I wasn't brave enough to start removing inside bits like the guy on the video I was watching did though. I did that before your helpful tip, and left the screws in their holes on the casing, but yeh, would have been safer if I'd done it on a tray or something, they're so tiny!
Your story about the mic and the puppy made me laugh by the way. :P

Finance said :

@Treemaid: are you going to have a party for your 10,000th post? :O

You know, I didn't even realise I was close until I read that, lol.
But no, I'm not. To be honest, I'm not a great fan of post count glorification (you've no doubt heard me moan on about similar issues relating to features that have the potential to promote elitist attitudes on the forums). Post counts are useful to see sometimes if you need to know if a forum user is new to judge how to gauge a reply, but apart from that, I don't see them serving any useful purpose and personally would rather not have them at all. A post count cut off point at say, 500 posts, would make me very happy. :P
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

12-Feb-2014 12:29:36

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top