Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Treemaid

Treemaid

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
BRB MODERATION REVIEW THREAD

Jk :P

Chuckling. :P

And hi Dib! I'm just here while shovellling down my breakfast as quickly as possible. Gotta go to a meeting soon *sighs*.
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

08-Feb-2014 09:22:15

Figment IMG
Jan Member 2007

Figment IMG

Posts: 924 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pardon me, but is there any word from the J-Mods in charge of the Advertisements about those Auto-play Audio ads on the Websites front (and News) page?

When I try to read a news article introduction a blaring auto-play add shocks my nerves and gets me so annoyed in 5 seconds that I click to play (or leave site) and forget what news I already managed to read.

How can we enjoy what Jagex is posting about with that Auto-play stuff?
For me those ads are all for game consoles that don't play Runescape and the games that play on those things.
I am a PC gamer.. ty

08-Feb-2014 14:49:40

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Posts: 10,793 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Figment IMG said :
Pardon me, but is there any word from the J-Mods in charge of the Advertisements about those Auto-play Audio ads on the Websites front (and News) page?

When I try to read a news article introduction a blaring auto-play add shocks my nerves and gets me so annoyed in 5 seconds that I click to play (or leave site) and forget what news I already managed to read.

How can we enjoy what Jagex is posting about with that Auto-play stuff?
For me those ads are all for game consoles that don't play Runescape and the games that play on those things.
I am a PC gamer.. ty

This has actually been something suggested on my W.I.T thread so hopefully they will look into this. I know a lot of people are in support of your idea there and feel the same way.

For now I can only suggest to follow Accomplish's advice :)

Thanks,

Misty Fuzzy ^_^
Forum Addict :D
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Miss Misty
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Owner - Montys Crusaders

09-Feb-2014 17:24:42

[#8H61NVN5U]

[#8H61NVN5U]

Posts: 1,670 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#8H61NVN5U] said :
Link to last post on topic.

Having read through a few threads posted in the interim, I'm not sure that this sort of thing may be met by other means; either way, I need a rethink, to make sure whether certain elements will still work.

~ There are new sections, and proposed merges afoot, along with possibilities of in-game links in other ways and Ice Crush has brought up the idea of reintroducing Hot Topics.

I hope to have come to conclusions as soon as I've cuaght up with what's happening, though that may be some time, as I have a lot of 'real life' happenings to be busiating with, at the present, and also seem to have lost one of the threads I was maintaining on this acc, due to the bump button not submiting (I think the log-out timer happened, and I hadn't noticed), so I've got to find out where backups/caches of that were hidden in various places.

Apologies once again, for all the delays.

10-Feb-2014 07:40:56

Trafo

Trafo

Posts: 185 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I go to the news section on the RS website, then the Solomon's Sale of Order and Disorder article, and the ad on the page says 'Buy Runescape Gold'. And clicking on it sends me to a goldselling/RWT website, which I will not name, since it's not allowed.

All I'm saying is Jagex might want to screen their advertisers a little better.

11-Feb-2014 01:08:55 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2014 01:09:57 by Trafo

Posts: 18,410 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trafo said :
I go to the news section on the RS website, then the Solomon's Sale of Order and Disorder article, and the ad on the page says 'Buy Runescape Gold'. And clicking on it sends me to a goldselling/RWT website, which I will not name, since it's not allowed.

All I'm saying is Jagex might want to screen their advertisers a little better.

They're aware of those.

IIRC they suggest if you see it again, take a picture of the ad and report it via the ticketing system.
× Aussie
× Forum Enthusiast
× Minigamer
x
Road to Comp ×
Serenity Isle CC ×
Minigames FC ×

11-Feb-2014 06:56:48

Treemaid

Treemaid

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gah! Computer problems! Had to do a reset to the manufacturer's settings and now it's taking forever to get it set up again the way I like it with the programs I need and all. Doesn't help that the bloomin' old thing keeps overheating and closing down on me. Might not be on the forums much in the next few days until I get it all sorted. :/ AKA: Arbr**** Vie

11-Feb-2014 09:35:45

Finance
Apr Member 2012

Finance

Posts: 56,428 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Do you have a laptop? Might be worth looking into a cooling pad. I used to have problems with my laptop overheating while gaming (at one point I actually tried to put ice packs under it lol).

Then I got a cooling pad off Amazon with a 200mm fan. Haven't had any trouble since then.
Community Helper

Need account help, technical support, or payment help? Visit the
Support Centre

11-Feb-2014 10:46:21

Treemaid

Treemaid

^ Yeh it's a laptop. It's probably my fault for never having done the compressed air thingy on it, though I have attacked it with a hoover. I've just been browsing videos on how to disassemble it and clean out dust and crud manually, but that's going to be a last resort for me, it looks really scary! And yeh, I put ice packs under mine regularly! I'm a little worried by the condensed water that gathers on them though, so I keep giving them a wipe down. Perhaps I should just do as you suggest, though I'll try getting one of those compressed air thingies first. AKA: Arbr**** Vie

11-Feb-2014 16:22:58

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top