Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miss Misty said :
I think the only way to have a suitable ranking system would be if there was a "support" button for posts and it was done by the number of supports really. A buttona ppreciating the quality of posts. All this will do is (as Treemaid states above) is increase Forum Games and potential spamming.

Though personally, I love the concept and idea for regular forum users and those who post things other than just games or spam.

I've never been for a post support option myself, but I agree, if we must have some system of ranking forum users at all, that would be preferable to a post count, since it would at least have the potential to reward quality posts over quantity.

I'd still rather have neither though. The poster doesn't need to be ranked at all. Each post will stand or fall on its own merit. Regular forumers know already which users are in the habit of saying something that is worth saying and being read.
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

08-May-2015 21:58:52

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miss Misty said :
HyunA said :
+1 on quality vs quantity ;)

I think all regular forum users that use the forums for quality posting would agree with each other on this one!

I am a forum regular. I'm just seen but never heard. Or heard but never seen. Or both!! :o
@HyunAOP

10-May-2015 22:18:42

Bent Truth

Bent Truth

Posts: 13,992 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with the quality over quantity sentiments. When it was pretty much a done deal, I went ahead and gave my support. I do think it has the potential to increase activity which was the reason for its implementation, but I also think there's other things that Jagex could do which would make these forums really thrive, such as allowing images/video embeds.

12-May-2015 23:19:21

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Posts: 10,793 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps they can bring in quality measures in the future alongside the post count. Things like the desired support button. Regular forum users tend to know each other anyway really, so perhaps it doesn't matter and each post SHOULD be judged on the content of the post and not the person, but naturally people do judge based on history.

I agree that images would be great if implemented, only Jagex chosen and in game images to allow for no moderation needed. I don't know if this would increase activity but woud certainly be great!
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Miss Misty
Owner - Montys Crusaders

15-May-2015 10:09:53

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Sookie Lala said :
Yeah, they should link that orb thing to the forums somehow so when you take a pic using it you can post it on the forums.

I just think images should be limited, people could say things in game that are offensive or inappropriate and use orbs and scrying pools to then take a picture of it etc.

It seems like a lot of effort and a waste of time since they could just type it, but trolls don't mind wasting time apparently.

I think if images were ever introduced it should be a list of images that Jagex provide of around the game, items, quest help ones, perhaps use fansite ones from premium and Jagex supported sites :)
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
Miss Misty
Owner - Montys Crusaders

16-May-2015 14:25:39

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

SB PNL said :
I have been scammed for 12m, anything I can do the get this back?

unfortauntely Jagex do not reimburse lost or stolen items, their response can be found in the Support Centre:

"In short, no. We have been trialling a process which allows individuals who had been hijacked or scammed to have their items returned to them. During the trial we were able to return items to more than 700 players.

However, it has become apparent that our tools are not designed to be used in this way and the system is unsustainable. As a result of this, the team have made the decision to pause the Lost Item Restoration service indefinitely."

To prevent yourself from being scammed in the future, I would suggest checking out this article .

Check out the guide section for some great money making tips and try to avoid it in the future as best you can! Sorry this happened :(
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
Miss Misty
Owner - Montys Crusaders

17-May-2015 22:18:47

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top